Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:23 AM
Default 'Oh my ghost' opportunity not showing
I seem to be having a problem with one of the opportunities in my game. Recently, one of my sims died, and it has been way over two days and still the 'oh my ghost' opportunity hasn't shown, most of the opportunities are celebrity or skill related. Any ideas why this is happening?
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 9:10 AM
I know recently my butler "died", and it took almost 2 sim weeks before it came up!! I don't know why it took so long, but it should eventually come up.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 9:39 AM
This opportunity seems to be more random now than ever. In my first test run of Bridgeport Vladimir Schlick received this opportunity right within the first 5 minutes as his first and only opportunity and a celebrity Sim in Barnacle Bay got it also out of nowhere some time within the first three weeks. She was single and did not have anyone die from among her friends.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 10:05 AM
Its entirely random. I usually end up getting it when I haven't had anyone die. (Sometimes, even within minutes of creating that particular sim)

I usually say no to it and later get it back via Master Controller when I actually need it.

If you really want that sim back you can try to resurrect it via Ambrosa by placing a plate of it out in the house near the remains of the sim.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 10:17 AM
Quote:
If you really want that sim back you can try to resurrect it via Ambrosa by placing a plate of it out in the house near the remains of the sim.
But it won't be playable then, will it?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 11:18 PM
Sometimes it takes forever to get the opportunity to show up, especially if your sim has a job and is skilled in a variety of things.

Here's an easy way to get it:
Create a random sim with no skills or relationships
Add him/her to the household
Do not let the sim meet anyone or gain any skills. I use the "make motives static" cheat to make sure they don't do anything.
Make them friends with the ghost as soon as possible. I use testingcheats to slide the bar. You can probably use Twallan's master controller to do this also.

Once the sim is friends with the ghost they should have a very high chance of getting that opportunity. Continue to keep them skill free and friendless (aside from the ghost) until they get it. Once they complete it, delete the sim or move them out. You can use the familyfunds cheat to get rid of the extra money you would have recieved from the move in if you want to.

I believe you can also force the opportunity with one of Twallan's mods, but I haven't tried that yet.

DO NOT use ambrosia on the ghost before it is playable. If you do it will leave the lot and it may be very difficult to get it back.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twilightgarden0
DO NOT use ambrosia on the ghost before it is playable. If you do it will leave the lot and it may be very difficult to get it back.

Yes other people who tried to do that reported that the sim came to life but then just ran away never to be seen again.

I've been wondering if an easy way to do it would be to wait until the ghost was haunting around at night, use the cheat to add them to the active family and then feed them ambrosia while you are controlling them. Although I've never tried it I think that would work.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twilightgarden0

Snag the resurrected NPC with the add to household cheat before it runs off the lot? Or snag the ghost when it comes out of the grave to haunt the house, then ambrosa. Either way works.