Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:55 AM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 20th Oct 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Default I'm moving to Appaloosa Plains
What a sight, dear guy and gal, I finally have time to sit down and appreciate that EA finally figure out how to build a world with consistent theme and breathtaking landscape.
The rabbit holes really *appeal* to me, yeah, I can't believe I just said that, the fugly days are over, now you can display your rabbit holes with pride, not to hide them under the basement or compromise with the versatile rugs. In comparison with EA's recent release, Town Life modern RH is neat but the set is less than complete, Hidden Spring brings the luxury spa but burns our retinas out with the extreme "greenness". After those hit and miss, Appaloosa Plains is going to pause my criticism for a while.
For the first time, I can go around the town and enjoy every little things they add. I love that we have more combined RH with *style. The town council is less massive but more elegant, the restaurant is just...dramatic...haha...it reminds me of the Chinese theatre rather than a diner, but my sims is going to have a lot of fun there. The school now has the attached stadium and looks totally chic, in front of it is the bookstore, oh man, then the gym, the pool...they are going to EA's Hall of Building Achievements, EA's builders must have attended architecture classes or something, it's just out of their normal league.
Criminal den is well tuck away, oh, such a proper place for escaped serial-killer with an abandoned mine behind, the settings is just right.

I hope you guys will add more shots to the stream, this place is so inspiring.

Here come my shameless pic spam:

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:07 AM
Godness, this is really beautiful - can't wait to get the game!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:11 AM
yay pretty sparkly ice cream truck!!!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:12 AM
Those rabbitholes are gorgeous! I think I may have to replace some in the world I'm doing.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:25 AM
Wow, it's beautiful! Well done, and, what's more surprising, it's well done by EA! I love the landscape and the RHs. No over-saturated colors that hurt my eyes, but a rather realistic palette, and it feels like it is autumn in the neighborhood; the RHs are quite nice,and different to those we already have not just in color, but in design. I really want to play this world and this EP, but I don't install it yet, I'm waiting for the problem with CC to be fixed, because I don't want to sacrifice my CC.
is the world big? And, is it a problem to place new lots there? I'm asking because it seems like all EA neighborhoods lack space to place lots from all existing EPs, so I have to add my own lots.
Theorist
#6 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:26 AM
Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you have a nice graphics card!

I only just got Generations and my lap top is groaning.

I don't think it can handle another EP so I will enjoy looking at everyone's pets for now.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:26 AM
I love the city hall. It has an air of "vintage" around it.
Also, what's the giant dinosaur statue for? It looks so awesome.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:04 PM
Wow. I wasn't even going to bother looking around the new neighbourhood when Pets comes, but you've changed my mind completely. It looks stunning! Awesome pictures!
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:56 PM
Appaloosa plains is really beautiful. EA has come a long way since making Sunset Valley. Thank god we no longer have that hideous BRIGHT GREEN grass everywhere (Sunset Valley makes my eyes bleed). The landscaping in AP is very realistic and nicely detailed. I love the "autumn feeling" and the rustic atmosphere. My only complaint that it's kind of small. I guess I just prefer urban cities :P
Inventor
#10 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:39 PM
Is there a Sniper in that Dinosaur? :D

Mmmmhhh I see many objects I want to us in my custom 'hood.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:47 PM
THANK YOU for the picspam, I was hoping to see more screenshots. Well done and thank you again!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:55 PM Last edited by missy harries : 19th Oct 2011 at 5:46 PM.
Thank you for the pics, they're just lovely! Now the wait is even worse (UK)!!!!

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Is Claeric
#13 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:25 PM
I like how it is on a field canyon and not a coast! the other worlds all are on sea water but this one is only on fresh water.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:32 PM
I really like the "western" theme that's pervasive in this neighborhood. Especially the bar! Now I just need to work up a good wild west dance club. The pet cemetery is a nice, if creepy, touch too.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 5:20 PM
I really like the new town also, not because it's gorgeous, but it's playable!!! I have a laptop with all the expansion packs and one stuff pack installed, (I have them all, but uninstalled two to make room for Pets), and it's playing really well, because it's not huge and they didn't attack it with terrain paints, (I'm grateful for ). EA did a great job with this town!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Kisatsu : 20th Oct 2011 at 12:34 PM.
Appaloosa Plains is by far one of the best worlds designed by EA. The rabbitholes are breathtaking (yeah, I went there!) and the overall theme/feel of the town is amazing.

Just think it's weird to see wild horses sticking to the sidewalks sometimes :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 6:01 PM
Beautiful pictures, I'm one of the few people who has always loved the rabbitholes, so it's great to have some more choices!

Thanks for posting these, noxnoxnox!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 6:14 PM
Yes, I too actually like quite a few of the rabbit holes already *hides*

But these are also beautiful. My new world, if I ever get it finished that is, may have to have some of these instead.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
Is there a Sniper in that Dinosaur? :D

There is always a sniper in the dinosaur, waiting for whoever betrayed his wife.

I love Appaloosa plains. Even some of the starter houses are nice.
Instructor
#20 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 6:45 PM
Honestly, I wasn't even planning on playing Appaloosa Plains when I got the game, because I generally don't like the small town, country type towns... but the second I loaded it up I fell in love. It reminds me a bit of my hometown and childhood.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:03 PM
All I can think of is Braeburn from MLP saying AAAAAPPLELOOSA!

Excited for it though <3
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:11 PM
It sort of looks like the area I live in: the high plains of Colorado. Except, the area I live in is real flat.

The distant terrain could pass for western Nebraska. Nebraska has lots of hills that look like that. And the river could almost pass for the Platte River.

But it also looks a lot like Grand Junction, Colorado, which has hills and a lot of mesas. The dinosaur stuff really fits in with the Colorado/Utah border, where the Dinosaur National Monument is located.

Or it could even pass for parts of Texas or New Mexico.

Anyway, it looks like home to me.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:27 PM
Yay!!
Thank you for the lovely images ...... they stave off feelings of anguish [mine hasn't arrived yet .... hope it comes tomorrow]
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:37 PM
I think the neighborhood is pretty too but I just feel like it really limits my storytelling. I don't have any families that would fit into a small town setting (I play Bridgeport, can you tell? lol).

That said, I am a little jealous that the animals in Appolosa Plains probably don't have the routing problems they are destined to have in Bridgeport. All that nice open space.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#25 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NoRelationstoJFK
All I can think of is Braeburn from MLP saying AAAAAPPLELOOSA!

Excited for it though <3

I... may have installed it, started playing, and then went to the store and bought some Braeburn apples while giggling my ass off.

I may also be a huge dork.
Page 1 of 3