Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:42 PM
Default Pictures/Questions [Spoilers]
I didn't want to take over anybodies thread with my pictures, so since I've been taking some throughout the time I've been playing I'd like to post these for everyone to see.

Firstly, I've downloaded the pet shop and resumed gameplay. When a new expansion comes out with a new town I like to check out all of the premade households to get a taste of the new objects and features.
The first house I actually played in was a ranch with two men and their horses. Which was amazing and held my attention quite well. The next house was with this blonde chick who has a cat at home.

These pics were taken inside of the pet shop. The snake was already there but the small pet containers allow you to stock pets if they are empty.

The way she was stroking the snake creeped me out a bit. Then again, I'd never be one to hold a snake. Let alone have one for a pet. :p

You can lead horses that aren't your own! Way to take them places with you without permission to ride it. By the way, I love how the tree looks like leaves have fallen underneath it. The town gives off an 'autumn'-like feel and I love that.

The next house which I've looked at just now, was with a guy who lived in a house with his two kids. There were a bunch of people in the house that weren't seeming to leave, but it didn't look as if they lived there. There is a dog in the household but in the house there was a black cat and a little puppy running around. The puppies made me melt, I haven't even seen the kittens yet and they are adorable. Their little bark alone is too cute.

And at last, you are able to watch tv with your puppy in your lap and probably do other stuff. The cats, I've found, were able to sit on your sim while they were seated as well.

That's it for the pictures and info, but if you have any questions for me or requests for pictures, please don't hesitate to ask.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:46 PM
Is there any recipes that use the carrots? or are they just for horses?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:51 PM
Far as I can tell, there aren't any new food or recipes that use carrots but I'm not %100 sure. They can be bought at the grocery store and you can eat them or feed them to your horses.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:01 PM
Awwh it's so cute they can hold the puppy while watching TV. Great pictures, Christmas Fear!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:42 PM

This is worse than the pool table lamp from Late Night...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#6 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:29 PM
How do I get the cats to mate? They are listed as mates with the highest relationship value. I have the blue doghouse. What else do I need? Do I need the owner to try for kittens like in Sims 2?

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
How do I get the cats to mate? They are listed as mates with the highest relationship value. I have the blue doghouse. What else do I need? Do I need the owner to try for kittens like in Sims 2?

Select one cat, and have them use the "try for kittens" romantic interaction on the other.

They probably have to be in a good enough mood, as well as having high relationship. My cats didn't seem to want to mate when they had fleas (Can't say I blame em!)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Shhh : 20th Oct 2011 at 6:18 PM.
Awww, where's a good little snakey.

I could never touch one. I wonder if Sims can gross each other out with them

My Simblr: Here
Inventor
#9 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Select one cat, and have them use the "try for kittens" romantic interaction on the other.

They probably have to be in a good enough mood, as well as having high relationship. My cats didn't seem to want to mate when they had fleas (Can't say I blame em!)

Thanks! It took a while for it to show up, I guess. I was only able to do Socialize and Mean interactions between Mates for a little bit.

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 12:23 AM
Are the any crows that can sit on the shoulder ?

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:32 AM
There aren't any crows you can put in the cages but all of the birds can sit on your shoulder while you do things.
Inventor
#12 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 4:59 AM
How do you get pets with 5 traits? I just adopted a cat that had five traits instead of the normal three...

Art tumblr
deviantart
Eminence Grise
#13 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
How do you get pets with 5 traits? I just adopted a cat that had five traits instead of the normal three...

The adult cat I adopted had one trait. The kitten she had had one trait too, but others have had kittens born with two traits. I don't actually think there IS a normal number for pets Three is just the number you can assign in CAS.

Basically, a pet can be trained in any trait. So if you direct a cat to the scratching post all the time, she'll gain the "non-destructive" trait. If she gets a few skill points in hunting, she'll get the "hunter" trait. And so on. Interestingly, it is really you the PLAYER training the pet... the sim doesn't have to be involved at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The adult cat I adopted had one trait. The kitten she had had one trait too, but others have had kittens born with two traits. I don't actually think there IS a normal number for pets Three is just the number you can assign in CAS.

Basically, a pet can be trained in any trait. So if you direct a cat to the scratching post all the time, she'll gain the "non-destructive" trait. If she gets a few skill points in hunting, she'll get the "hunter" trait. And so on. Interestingly, it is really you the PLAYER training the pet... the sim doesn't have to be involved at all.

The sim can help by commanding or scolding the pet under Reinforcement.
Is Claeric
#15 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:09 AM
My dog got the destructive trait when I told him to eat a newspaper and dig holes to make his mood go up. I guess dogs are supposed to play with toys or else they start to learn to do bad things on their own?? He didnt even dig holes by himself until I had told him to do it! i wonder if you make a dog pee inside a lot they become slobs
Alchemist
#16 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

This is worse than the pool table lamp from Late Night...

I really do hope that's a hint of what's to come.
Scholar
#17 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
There aren't any crows you can put in the cages...

I played the Bird sisters yesterday and one of them captured a crow...and was able to put it in a cage.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I really do hope that's a hint of what's to come.

Well, child Sims can do ballet, but it's nothing special, which sucks. That beam to dance on would have been a nice object to have. I'd rather that than the chemistry table that doesn't do much of anything.

At least with the beam, you can put in in a gym and Sims can do more in it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:40 PM
Has anyone had any luck with a successful guard dog? I set my loyal and agressive dog to guard the house nightly and he's failed to catch a burgler 2 out of 2 times. He just keeps on guarding while the burgler walks right in.
Alchemist
#20 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Well, child Sims can do ballet, but it's nothing special, which sucks. That beam to dance on would have been a nice object to have. I'd rather that than the chemistry table that doesn't do much of anything.

At least with the beam, you can put in in a gym and Sims can do more in it.

I agree. I - or my sims - haven't thouch the chemistry set even once. I'm sure many players like it but I find it to be one of the less interesting objects in the game. oh, but dancing - slow dancing, ballet, ballroom dancing, etc - would be so wonderful. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#21 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
I played the Bird sisters yesterday and one of them captured a crow...and was able to put it in a cage.

Ah sounds great, I guess they would not just sell crow normally but have to take effort to get one.

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Scholar
#22 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:00 PM
So, my Sim has been "Blessed" by a Unicorn....what exactly does that mean?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:38 PM
Christmas Fear, can you post a picture of a cat sitting on a Sim's lap? That sounds too cute!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:19 AM

Cat on sims lap. :p
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:21 AM
Awwwww, :lovestruc

My Simblr: Here
Page 1 of 2