Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 9:27 PM
Can large dogs try for baby with small ones? When I click for them to, the option cancels instantly. Although, I'm pretty sure that happened with two small dogs as well? I usually just use MC to pollinate the female now.

My blog ---> Here
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 9:42 PM
Hey hon, yes, samll dogs and large can try for and have pup's. The pups will all all be large or small but bear traits of both parents. Kinda georgeouys really....
Field Researcher
#103 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
there was a cat in the family, but i wasnt really paying attention to it. it seemed fine with not bugging grim after the sim died. but, good to know. thanks for the link.

(after removing the unicorn from the lot the sim was on, the death went off without a hitch.)

Apparently it only happens with pets who are best friends with their owners.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 12:48 AM
i was wondering how my cat managed to get a feather out of a near miss with a painted turtle. i'm looking forward to finding out if you can still get plague from the guinneapigs. cause i finally got one.

i'm not sure what i did, but my parakeet doesnt seem to need feeding anymore. cleaning sometimes, and i still have all the other options. maybe the cat scares it into not eating.

also, you cant put more than 1 rat in a cage, thats just silly. rats love company, especially in a cage that big.
Test Subject
#105 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 3:42 AM
I know that cats and dogs with the hunter trait have higher chances of getting more valuable items than those without.

Also you can give your pets five traits by editing them using the 'testingcheatsenabled true' code. You just shift click them and select modify traits option. This is also how you can modify all animal coats and collars/saddles.
Plus you can even use this to save the unicorn (As well as raccoons, but they're basically just cats with an unusual shape and fur coat) to the pets bin in CAS, but you can only access CAS with the unicorn by editing its saddle. If you don't have that option, try moving out and then moving back into the lot.

I don't think its possible to save baby animals to the pet bin in CAS, but you can edit them in a limited way. If I tried changing their shape, they glitched into adult-like forms.

If your pets have the aggressive trait, they never fail to catch burglars. And if a sim has the unlucky trait, they'll never die of unnatural causes. You can hover over your sims'/pets' traits and it will tell you all of the trait's benefits.

Also, you can get ghost babies with your pets in the same manner you can get ghost babies with sims.

Scholar
#106 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 1:30 PM
that dogs can "look out the window"..course this one is alittle too high....but i guess EA was "trying" this time around

Test Subject
#107 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:37 PM
Last night I discovered that pets can use elevators and when a Sim is watching TV or reading a book and they're sitting on a chair or the couch, the pet can sit on their lap.
Alchemist
#108 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse
i was wondering how my cat managed to get a feather out of a near miss with a painted turtle. i'm looking forward to finding out if you can still get plague from the guinneapigs. cause i finally got one.

i'm not sure what i did, but my parakeet doesnt seem to need feeding anymore. cleaning sometimes, and i still have all the other options. maybe the cat scares it into not eating.

also, you cant put more than 1 rat in a cage, thats just silly. rats love company, especially in a cage that big.

i was actually really disappointed that i couldnt shove cram stuff fit more than 1 bird into a cage (even though they were tiny birds, anyway)... D: those cages are enormous, too. i wanted something like a menagerie of animals, but i dont think i can fit all those cages into one room *cue disgusted!sim face*.

also, my sims cat caught a squirrel. i was able to put it in the rodent terrarium, and we named him Foamy. O_o (it was gray, too! very cute.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#109 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 5:13 AM
my sim had to build an enclosed carport/garage. i think the cat tries to hunt in there still since i havent floored it yet. i feel like this poor sim is running an illicit rodent and reptile breeding ring, but you dont even get that joy... cause no, 2 rats wont share a 50 gallon aquarium style tank. not even for a minute.
Scholar
#110 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
i was actually really disappointed that i couldnt shove cram stuff fit more than 1 bird into a cage (even though they were tiny birds, anyway)... D: those cages are enormous, too. i wanted something like a menagerie of animals, but i dont think i can fit all those cages into one room *cue disgusted!sim face*.

also, my sims cat caught a squirrel. i was able to put it in the rodent terrarium, and we named him Foamy. O_o (it was gray, too! very cute.)

With the birds that's really noticeable too. You'd almost always use the tree for large birds, so the only birds in the cages would tend to be the small ones. And then they're such a tiny dot in the giant cage you can hardly see them.

There's a tabletop decorative item shaped like this that I wish we could use for small birds. It gives a much more antiquated look to the lot.

Lab Assistant
#111 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 9:52 PM
If you know your female horse is pregnant then don't take her anywhere that's far away from home before the pregnant notification comes up.
I took mine to the training grounds to get a bit more skill in before she got the pregnant notification and moodlet and she got them while she was there. Now you see, preggers horses can only walk slowly so it took her about 5 sim hours to get home -.- and the training grounds were close by! I dread to think how long it'd take if she was on the other side of town...

Edit: ok ok, I know you could just use resetsim but that's cheating too much IMO, and this is coming from someone who uses testingcheats 24/7! :p

Aw, the poor puddy tat! He fall down and go... BOOM!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Inventor
#112 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheScribbler
If you know your female horse is pregnant then don't take her anywhere that's far away from home before the pregnant notification comes up.
I took mine to the training grounds to get a bit more skill in before she got the pregnant notification and moodlet and she got them while she was there. Now you see, preggers horses can only walk slowly so it took her about 5 sim hours to get home -.- and the training grounds were close by! I dread to think how long it'd take if she was on the other side of town...

Edit: ok ok, I know you could just use resetsim but that's cheating too much IMO, and this is coming from someone who uses testingcheats 24/7! :p

Well if you use testing cheats, and that's okay with you, why not use the shift/click teleport here on that horse to get it home instantly.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Well if you use testing cheats, and that's okay with you, why not use the shift/click teleport here on that horse to get it home instantly.

I know, I just don't like doing it on horses lol. It seems unnatural (even though teleporting a sim isn't exactly the most natural thing in the world either)
I just like seeing them walk home naturally as EA got their animations so right. (yes, I'm stubborn lol )
Sims however, are an entirely different story.

Aw, the poor puddy tat! He fall down and go... BOOM!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Field Researcher
#114 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 1:49 AM
convince yourself it's an invisible horse trailer service, and find some stupid thing you didnt need on your property to waste an insane ammount of money on, like a really expensive shrub, or tree, one thats completely functionless, just looks ok.

or use the family funds cheat that i never bothered to learn because i like forcing my sim to buy stupid landscaping things as "punishment" for their errors in judgement. makes their property nicer for me to look at, they dont seem to really benefit from it much.

i call it a work exchange, or "neighborhood beautification by force" program in my game. my sim ends up in a situation i need to cheat them out of, i buy landscaping crap they dont care about off their dime. i compare it to needing to walk to the gas station and buy an overpriced gascan and overpriced gas, when you really couldnt afford it, when you really should've checked the gas gauge before you drove past all the gas stations. in real life.
Page 5 of 5