Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:17 PM
Default Why Can't I Buy Anything at the Pet Store?!
Is anyone else having this issue? I placed the pet store lot down yesterday and visited it hoping to buy a new pet but there wasn't any interactions to do anything. The lot was originally set to "Park" I then looked down the list and none went with what it actually it so I set it to "Visitors Allowed".

I tried to visit for both lot types above but neither worked, nothing happened when I clicked on things and upon clicking on the till it just said "This till sells pet things" words to the effect.

I'm probably overlooking something simple here, but can anyone help as I want to buy a new pet .

Thank you!

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:24 PM
There should have been a "Pet Store" under community settings....
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:50 PM
You can't buy pets at the pet store (funny, isn't it??).

You can only get pets through adoption (using the phone or computer) or buying horses at the Equestrian Center, or buy seeing if your neighbors are selling/adopting out any pets.

The pet store, I have found, is completely cosmetic.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:48 PM
I've had the same problem. And I haven't found the "pet store" in the list of community lot types. Whenever I go to the pet store, there's no one at the register so I can't buy anything.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:16 PM
Pet Store is one of the venues, listed toward the bottom of the drop down list. I guess it will not work without that zoning on the lot. *shrugs*

At the official forums, some are posting they get the pet store in their purchase history but don't have Sims 3 Pets LE. I wonder if they have the zoning for Pet Store venue?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:06 PM
When I went back into my game, there was a lot zoning for "pet store." Guess it took a couple of starts of the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
You can only get pets through adoption (using the phone or computer) or buying horses at the Equestrian Center, or buy seeing if your neighbors are selling/adopting out any pets.

Or by making pets in CAH and adding them to your household.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:19 PM
Has anyone been able to buy anything from the Pet Shop? I have the LE, zoning is correct, but when I try to browse or buy it doesn't do anything. Is it really cosmetic only? If it is it really sucks, I was hoping to be able to buy pets like in the Sims 2
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:23 PM
I have it as well but the only thing I can do is buy the same items for pets that you can get in Buy Mode. I can not purchase a pet there, for that I have to use the phone, computer or paper. I kind of miss that from the sims 2. Oh well.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:30 PM
I've just been informed by the EA that the Pet Store is purely decorative. Hating EA right now.... >
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeyca80
I've just been informed by the EA that the Pet Store is purely decorative. Hating EA right now.... >

You're kidding me? What the hell is the point in that?!

I'm seriously annoyed with this. I know you can make pets in CAS but that comes with adding them to a household with loads of money which I don't want to do, I want my Sims to work for their money not add 15,000 every time I want a new pet in there .

It's all very well adopting too but I really wanna create my own again. Hrmph.

Scholar
#12 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:21 PM
you realize that you can adopt a pet and throw them into CAP right? just like the sims...
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:53 PM
I couldn't buy a pet, but I stole a bird from the pet store. The pet store that comes with the Pets Limited Edition has all the small animal cages and some of them have animals on display. You get all the same options as if you owned the cage yourself. So my sim took the bird off the branch, brought it home and put it into a cage there. Presto, new small pet!
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sci_fi40
I couldn't buy a pet, but I stole a bird from the pet store. The pet store that comes with the Pets Limited Edition has all the small animal cages and some of them have animals on display. You get all the same options as if you owned the cage yourself. So my sim took the bird off the branch, brought it home and put it into a cage there. Presto, new small pet!

That's so wrong it's brilliant.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:16 AM Last edited by sci_fi40 : 26th Oct 2011 at 1:32 AM. Reason: Grammar
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
That's so wrong it's brilliant.

So...I just did a little experiment and apparently this works on neighbor's small pets, too. I took a bird from a cage at the Bird sisters in Appaloosa Plains. I also took a snake and chipmunk from the pet store. :-)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sci_fi40
So...I just did a little experiment and apparently this works on neighbor's small pets, too. I took a bird from a cage at the Bird sisters in Appaloosa Plains. I also took a snake and chipmunk from the pet store. :-)

Finally, "crime" in the Sims. Next - murder!
Scholar
#17 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Finally, "crime" in the Sims. Next - murder!

Been there, done that. Do you know how satisfying it is to use a unicorn to hunt down a sim and trap him in a corner with a wall of fire?

Answer: very satisfying.

Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 3:33 PM
Change the lot type for consignment shop, that work for me
Instructor
#19 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 3:39 PM
Pet store = completely useless.

We really need to let go of Sims 2. There's no such thing as buying and selling pets in Sims 3 (yet).
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#20 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:49 PM
Yes there is Rockerduck. You can buy and sell horses at the horse stadium or you can adopt or catch animals and turn them into pets. My sims brought back some pretty birds from China.
Instructor
#21 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:51 PM
*nods* I know. I don't really consider the collectibles pets, though. Not like you can teach them to speak or something and make a profit selling them. They're just minor entertainment. ;P
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
you realize that you can adopt a pet and throw them into CAP right? just like the sims...

I wouldn't mind that so much, is that using testingcheatsenabled though? As if you mean just clicking the pet then all you can do is change fur types, not breed traits etc.

Instructor
#23 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Not like you can teach them to speak or something and make a profit selling them.

You can teach birds to talk and you can catch them and sell them for profit.
Scholar
#24 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KeiraLou
I wouldn't mind that so much, is that using testingcheatsenabled though? As if you mean just clicking the pet then all you can do is change fur types, not breed traits etc.

Yes..you use the cheat on animals...just like sims....i just redid 2 stray horses last night...
shift click on any dog/cat/horse...and well stupid EA...it does say "edit sim in create a sim" but i guess you can't expect everything from EA...lol
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:23 PM
I found a nabour sign/tag that said adopt pet went to their home they had tone of ponys running around. When I talked to them All the pets they were will to give or sell were list several of them were for free.

But as for buy at the store it self no luck you have to buy from a in town breeder. the store only sell items like any of the other register like things would, the SE one just have extra thing it sells.

If you don't mind mods thou there out there to make the consignment store sell or buy things it normally would not do you might look in to asking as a request.
Page 1 of 2