Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:19 PM
Default "Trying For Foal"- Many failed attempts
Hello, community. :3

Was just curious to see if anyone else was having any sort of problem mating/breeding their horses. I have a female Unicorn, and I'd like to breed her with my male horse. I have tried the "Romantic...Try For Foal" at least over 20 times, and I have yet to get any jingle, and the option is still there. I'm assuming that this means the attempts have failed, but 20+ times in a row? The pair are always in excellent moods, and (After a moment of fighting with the pathfinding AI) always make it into the fancy boxstall to WooHoo. I've successfully managed to breed my cats, (i.e, the option to breed is no longer there...), but cannot for the life of me seem to get a horse/unicorn. >_< Am I just hardcore derping and forgetting to do something obviously easy, or is something up with my game?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :P
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:11 PM
Are horses and unicorns sufficiently biologically compatible to breed? They probably have fun trying, but I can't imagine their embryos being viable, if indeed conception were to occur at all.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:48 PM
If they are elder, no babies

And yes unicorns/horses can breed. You have a 50% change of unicorn babies.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:23 PM
watched a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS5rshsURs8 makers anyways and they were saying a unicorm can only breed with another unicorn unless someone has made a hack for this already.
im still waiting to get sims pets (really hate waiting for paydays)
sorry for the bad news
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:52 PM
Thanks for all the advice, guys. I actually found out what it was: a conflicting mod.

You CAN breed Unicorns with Horses, you just get a 50/50 chance, as was mentioned.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:29 PM
My Arabian mare is pregnant by an Unicorn. All my horses are unnaturally fertile, fwiw.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:58 PM
Can you tell me what mod was conflicting with it? I went as far as to remove my no pregnancy chime over this, lol. My instincts tell me it's a conflict between NRaas and AwesomeMod, but I can't for the love of God figure how that happened, as I removed Story Progression and Master Controller shouldn't have much to conflict over with AM. I just... removed them all, and I'm trying for a foal NOW.
My sims are happily having babies but my horses seem incapable to. I even tried the paid fertilization but nooooope. (They also refuse to refund me! In fact, they have NO customer policies to begin with!)

Alright, had the chime now. I figure my mare's pregnant and I can..... quit the game and start placing my mods back...
... after I have fastforwarded until next day, I figure she'll start showing if she's pregnant. Considering my chime was modded out, I can't tell if there was a chime on those failed tries, I guess it'll be worthwhile.
Oh, nvm. (I'm having a conversation with myself in here.)
My sim can't ride her but can ride the stallion, so I figure she IS pregnant.

Ah, it seems to be AwesomeMod alone. Reporting there then.

tl;dr: AwesomeMod causing me to have the same problem with horse breeding, no idea if this spans out to other animals or just horses, paid fetilization doesn't work either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:06 AM
^

Yep! It was AM.

I finally found that out, and went and re-downloaded AM, and it works for me now. I think I used a different Mirror site. But I now have AM installed, working, and it doesn't conflict with my game.

The bug/glitch DID affect other animals, as well. I couldn't breed my cats worth anything. (Which I found out after my original post.) X3 I guess just try reinstalling AM, using a different mirror or something.
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:32 PM
Default Re:"Trying For Foal" - Many failed attempts
I breed several animals, and sometimes I breed a horse or a unicorn and they don't make the jingle then about 1 or 2 sim days later it says they're pregnant.
(And I already know you found out its a conflicting mod) But just for future refrence.

~Len