Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:48 AM
Default "Liberating" Small Pets from Neighbors
I've discovered that my sims are able to take pets from any type of cage. Basically, my sim went into the Pet Store, the one that came with Pets Limited Edition, took a bird, snake, and rodent out of their cages and just kept them. As an experiment, I also had my sim go to a neighbors house and take a bird.

It seems to me that the game treats all these type of objects the same, whether they're in your house, a neighbors or a community lot.

Is this a weird glitch seen only in my game, or is it supposed to be like this? And if its supposed to be like this is their a way to stop it? Because I really don't want some NPC to come into my house and be able to just walk off with pieces of my painstakingly gathered menagerie.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:13 AM
Hah. I'm gonna have to try that.

I don't think an NPC is gonna do that... NPC AI is just not so good that the fact that a Sim CAN do something does not mean they ever WILL... the AI programming would have to tell them to.

But I'm sure the programmers didn't think through how the whole ownership thing applies to minor pets
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:42 AM
I was wondering about that... I saw the option when in the pet store, but didn't give it a try. Reminds me of stealing things in Morrowind, with the chance of getting taught. Interesting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
NPC AI is just not so good that the fact that a Sim CAN do something does not mean they ever WILL... the AI programming would have to tell them to.

Just wanted to be sure. I had an NPC walk away with my toddler once...and you know, the pet is something I actually had to put some effort into getting.