Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:35 PM
Default Adopting pets
I had one family adopt a pet from another family, but now it's not working. How do you adopt pets from another family? Maybe I just forgot. The neighborhood pet adoption thing, where you get a notice from your sim's friend that their dog had puppies, cat had kittens, etc. They have really cute puppies and I'd love to add one of them to my sim's family but the option isn't there. :\ I'm clearly missing something obvious. What am I missing? Last time I just had to click on my sim's friend and the option came up. This time, nothing. And the neighborhood pet adoption map tag is still up, so they're still up for adoption. I had my sim get to be BFFs with the puppy I wanted and still didn't do anything. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:50 PM
Did you talk to the owner? You have to visit when the owner is home, talk to them and the option should be there when you click on them to interact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:55 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 27th Oct 2011 at 12:28 AM.
Yep I talked to the person who invited my sim to come over and pick up a puppy, and I talked to the other person that lives in that household as well. No option like I got before. *shrugs*

Edit: Weird, I went to another hood and had no problem adopting. Huh.