Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 3:21 PM
Random Pet Adoption?
So, I play for a bit, then save and exit. When I come back, I discover that many of my Sims have randomly adopted a pet?? I came back once to a 10x10 house that had somehow adopted TWO horses and a cat! lol

Is there ANY way from stopping this? I love animals as much as the next Sim but this has to stop! (Yes, I know you can cheat and "delete object"). Is there a mod maybe? An option I missed? Gah! No more random pets!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:43 PM
You could always try out Twallan's story progression mods: that one and a lot of his other mods are available on NRAAS Wikispaces. I'm not sure if there's a specific section to avoid pet adoption, but I think there should be an option to disallow story progression acting on a house or, failing that, an option to put the household in to stasis when you're playing a different household.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:04 PM
At the moment, StoryProgression does not handle pet adoptions at all, since I am still working on a proper update to handle the Pets Expansion. Mind you, because of that, it would actually satisfy adriane1978's requirements.

However, you may simply want to use an EA Story Progression tuning mod instead, if all you are looking for is to disable the pet adoption scenario.

In that case, I would suggest looking up Shimrod101 and see whether they have a flavor for their Progression tuning mod that suits your purpose.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 12:19 PM
Wonderful! Thanks! Now my tiny homes will not have to move due to 3 horses, 1 pony, a litter of kittens and a dog (yes... that Actually happened.... o.O )
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:39 AM
I have story progression turned off via the options menu EA gave us, but my sims are still randomly adopting animals when I'm playing on another lot. It's really annoying cause I have a specific story I want to play out and one of my familys is NOT supposed to have pets. At ALL! I'm going to try what has been suggested and hope it stops. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 11:07 AM
The household responsible for animal adoption is rather random.. a vampire in a highrise.. yeah..

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adriane1978
Wonderful! Thanks! Now my tiny homes will not have to move due to 3 horses, 1 pony, a litter of kittens and a dog (yes... that Actually happened.... o.O )

Hey, I was wondering if you ever got this solved? I'm having the same problem and it is really frustrating me.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:17 AM
Looks like Twallan updated his Story Progression to include an option for turning off adoption: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Looks like Twallan updated his Story Progression to include an option for turning off adoption: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

So I have a mac and I am unable to download those. At least I believe so. I downloaded them and am unable to install. That's why I made a new thread.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:35 AM
There's no difference between Mac and PC with those (and most mods). Ya must just be doing it wrong - check out the FAQs in the Help section to see how to do package files properly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
There's no difference between Mac and PC with those (and most mods). Ya must just be doing it wrong - check out the FAQs in the Help section to see how to do package files properly.

I got it all downloaded right. Do you know how to turn the options on? Like I want to turn off the adoptions. That option is on the list of interactions.