Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 3:54 PM
Default Changing the Clothes Categories
Well I'm really mad a disapointed by EA and the less amount of outdoor clothes they gave us with seasons. I would so like to put some really nice and some of the ingame Coats in the outddor categorie, but at last all I tried did not work, I thought it would be easy to do with the S3PE but there is no outdoor categorie aviable to click. Any sugestion how I could categories my sims clothing to outdoor?

They tell us everything's alright and we just go along;
How can we fall asleep at night when something's clearly wrong?
When we can feed a starving world with what we throw away;
But all we serve are empty words that always tastes the same...

Nickelback - When We Stand Together
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:24 PM
Currently, the outdoor category in S3PE is Unknown12

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:30 PM
Ok so if I changed it via click on the CASP sting of the file and make it visible in unknown12 what do I do next, save it regular or do something more with it, because I did and saved but it does not show in the outdoor then.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:55 PM
Did you clear your caches?

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 6:21 PM
Yes, becase I started with a new EA folder to test, to make the game load faster, but now I gave a second try and did start with my regular folder and it works.

Thanks for the Help, I needed it and now it works, think this night will work out with puting clothes to the outdoors

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arwen_1986
Ok so if I changed it via click on the CASP sting of the file and make it visible in unknown12 what do I do next, save it regular or do something more with it, because I did and saved but it does not show in the outdoor then.
After you did the unknown12 you must click on the "Commit" button, otherwise no change is done. Then save normally. Delete the CAS cache.
I've already done all my CC clothes and it works perfectly. BTW the shoes have to be set to the outdoor category too. Thankfully no need to update the hairs and the accessories
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 7:45 PM
Yes thats what I did, don't know what went wrong the first time, but now it works and thats so good to know how and special that it works, because that was the first thing I figured that it was too less stuff for outdoors LOL

Instructor
#8 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:27 AM
Can someone make a quick tutorial on how to activate CC to be available as outerwear? I'm not very experienced with using S3PE. Most of my CC clothing is in sims3pack form, which that program doesn't seem to want to open.
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 3:17 AM
Moving to Modding Discussion.

Correct, S3PE doesn't open sims3packs, but there are several tools available for extracting the package from a sims3pack.

Old tut on changing category, but ignoring the "helper monkey" part I think it still works: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354639
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th May 2013 at 6:52 AM Last edited by Aries867 : 1st Dec 2014 at 10:24 AM.
It seems a lot easier than fiddling with each article of clothing.