Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 2:54 PM
Default Leaves, leaves, everywhere!
Apologies if this has been asked before!

I've only just finished playing my first year and now it's spring and on all the community lots there are still the autumn leaves on the floor! There's no option to sweep them (not that I want to anyway): is there any way to get rid of them?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:26 PM
There's no option to "rake" when you click on the ground around the leaves? I still get the rack option in the winter, even with snow on the ground.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
There's no option to "rake" when you click on the ground around the leaves? I still get the rack option in the winter, even with snow on the ground.
No, I only get it occasionally. Maybe it's a mod conflict, I'll have a look.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

There is an option for me, but honestly, who has time and energy to rake the whole neighborhood? All the neighborhood ground is covered by autumn leaves in the whole year, Spring and Summer included. Is it a vanilla game "feature" (I have some updated mods)?
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 11:58 AM
When asked about this SimGuruGraham stated that the leaves are supposed to disappear like they did in The Sims 2. So it is a glitch, and they're aware of it. So hopefully it will get fixed.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:55 PM
But the leaves never dissipated at the end of fall season, they only dissipated if a thick cover of snow fell. Thats why i never bothered raking leaves, I always have winter come after fall, so I just wait untill it snows so the snow takes the leaves away
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:10 PM
Default Sims Leaf Raking expansion aka Seasons
The year round leaves on the ground are ruining this game for me. Graham said it was due to mods, but it is not as I have played a freshly installed Vanilla game for weeks and the leaves remain on all the lots. Can someone please let Graham know it is not mods. He said they took it off the list because mods were causing this and they are not.
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rickatl
The year round leaves on the ground are ruining this game for me. Graham said it was due to mods, but it is not as I have played a freshly installed Vanilla game for weeks and the leaves remain on all the lots. Can someone please let Graham know it is not mods. He said they took it off the list because mods were causing this and they are not.

I don't use any mods aside from Twallan's, which I will not uninstall, so I find this to be very annoying.

It seems like such a minor glitch, but it really ruins the effect when the snow melts for Spring and there's dead leaves underneath all of it.

That was the ONE Seasons glitch I cared about them fixing and it just had to be the one they said "Screw it" to.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 7:03 AM
graham really said it was due to mods? i was just thinking about this leaf thing when i realized the leaves remain on the ground in the entire neighborhood during all seasons, after the first fall.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 12:05 AM
I wish this issue would get fixed. In the meantime, I've disabled Autumn completely in all my neighborhoods. Luckily it's my least favorite season, so I don't miss it too much.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
graham really said it was due to mods? i was just thinking about this leaf thing when i realized the leaves remain on the ground in the entire neighborhood during all seasons, after the first fall.

This is not due to mods. I've played vanilla verison to test it and most of the people on the offical forums asking about it are vanilla players. In fact people suggest to them to install master controller, shimrod's rake faster fun, or blue's leaves don't accumulate, and they say "no, I don't use mods."

Claiming this is due to mods is EA's way of saying, "well crap, we don't know how to fix it."

I was so disappointed to see that this wasn't on the list of updates for 1.55.
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 10:13 PM
I have also tested this in a totally new computer, with newly downloaded games and a clean new folder. The fall issue occured. EA saying this is due to mods is total horse hockey if you know what i mean. I was also disappointed that this issue was not fixed. I was hoping someone was able to patch the code but i think the problem is not fixable.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 8:11 PM
So I came here to say this as well! All year long, leaves cover the floor, and leaves keep falling from trees. Winter, spring, summer. Sure, you can go around and rake them all but that's just stupid. Is there really no mod that fixes this, anywhere, or a cheat? Frankly it's completely ridiculous.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th May 2014 at 8:30 PM
I finally found a solution for the “leaves stay forever on lots” problem: The Tempest Mod from NRaas http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tempest .
Once I installed the mod, all the leaves on the home and community lots disappeared. This bug made me almost crazy for months and now its solved thanks to the new NRaas-Team

Visite my websit SimClan 84 for more Sims1 and Sims2 downloads and photo storys.