Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 8:37 PM
Default Resurrecting a Plumbot
I wonder if it' s possible to bring back a dead plumbot. Just you know, I like to resurrect dead sims( I know I' m weird) , and I once went to the future to find the Death Fish for ambrosia to resurrect the ghost kid I found, since it was winter in the present, and fishing was impossible. I went to the graveyard, and saw that there are plumbot graves. Some of them are just placed with buydebug and aren' t attached to any bot, but one contained a bot. I stole the graves with MasterController so I could resurrect everyone later. But I don' t know how to resurrect plumbots. They seem to be immune to spells, so I won' t resurrect them with the Resurrection spell. I don' t know if they spawn ghosts either( but logically they shouldn' t) . I wonder if there is any way to bring back a bot. My sim is a master bot builder, and also a witch. Or maybe I should use some sort of a cheat?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 9:56 PM
Maybe you could rebuild the bot? Can even let the name reflect the version.. first you had a bot named Omega for example, and the rebuild version could be called Omega II. or Omega 2.0
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 10:54 AM
The game doesn' t seem to have options like that( which is too bad) . But hey, I found an image of a plumbot ghost on Sims wiki!

Maybe I could feed them Ambrosia... Not sure whether it' s possible for them to eat though.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 11:06 AM
Wait... Plumbots can die?

/cries because she loves her Plumbot too much to go through such heartbreak.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
Wait... Plumbots can die?

/cries because she loves her Plumbot too much to go through such heartbreak.

Well, as far as I know, they don' t die for reasons most sims do( like old age or starvation) , and a well maintained plumbot can live forever, but they can die by different accidents. I believe if you care about your plumbot, they' re not going to die.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 1:21 PM
Plumbots can definitely die. While on a visit to Oasis Landing I once challenged a Plumbot to divide by zero, causing it to catch fire! I did nothing about it since I wanted to see what would happen, and after jumping up and down in a panic for a while it died and was collected by the Grim Reaper.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 4:34 PM Last edited by KindGenius : 14th Jan 2014 at 4:59 PM.
Also, just found out plumbots can' t eat, so a plan to resurrect them by Ambrosia definately fails. The only possible plan to resurrect them I see right now is by Genie Lamp. I' m going to try it right now. Also, I believe we need a mod or hack to make rebuilding dead plumbots possible, since Maxis didn' t think of it.
Edit: Damn it... They seem to be immune to genie magic as well... All I can try is either making them a playable ghost via Master Controller or Philosopher' s Stone. I should also try adding different occult states to them.
Inventor
#8 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 6:58 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 14th Jan 2014 at 7:18 PM.
I believe you can do it if you use the twallan's debug enabler mod, because every urnstone has a Resurrect debug interaction.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I believe you can resurrect if you use the twallan's debug enabler mod, because every urnstone have a Resurrect debug interaction.

Thanks. I' ll try that one.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 6:54 AM
I saw this thread and instinctively thought Cylon Resurrection, lol, I can't wait to build a bunch of these and make them all evil, lol