Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 8:20 AM
Default plumbots age up and vanish!?
I had two plumbots that have been in my game for a while now. I recrived a message that it was my plumbots birthday today. Later it aged up and became invisible. It was still in the game because I still could see the plumbob over its head. Howerver, I could no longer click on it or interact with it.

My next plumbot aged up and became invisible but this time sprouted a thatch of grey hair! This time I could st least still click on the hair to get my sims to interact with it.

I had to send my plumbot to be customised to get it back.

Is this normal or have I got a bug/glitch?

Has anyone else had a plumbot age up?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 11:22 PM
Pretty sure a plumbot can't age up? Definitely sounds like something is wrong with your game. :/ Have you installed any CC (Custom Content) lately? Usually that's a prime culprit, and I know for a fact that CC on The Exchange is best avoided like grim death. Other than that not sure what else it could be.

"I want to see where the sirens sing."

http://www.last.fm/user/chryseis
just a girl
#3 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 11:58 PM
Normally plumbots don't age up, so you've got a bug/glitch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 8:58 AM
The only cc I have in game are nraas mods like master controller & overwatch, which you pretty much need to play sims 3 with all the bugs it has! It may be one of them that caused it so I may post on their site and see if anyone has experienced this.

I have to confess that I have used mastercontroller to tinker with some of my plumbots to make them look human. The strange thing is that these two particular plumbots are just for household duties like cleaning so I hadn't tinkered with them at all.

I did use nraas porter to move my families to s new neighbourhood and that screwed up some of my plumbots. Maybe that did something strange to their genetics.