Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:53 PM Last edited by mflaha55 : 2nd Mar 2014 at 8:34 PM.
Default My Family Can't Return to the Present
Can anyone give me any ideas as to why my sim family can't return to the present? Here's what happened: I sent one of my sim families into the future (mom, dad and toddler). They purchased a home and settled in for about 6 sim days. During that time, the toddler aged up to a child and the family bought a plumbot. I really wanted them to remain in Oasis Landing, but there are no schools for the child and my dad sim is a Private Investigator (Ambitions), but cannot get case opportunities. I heard about a cloned Oasis Landing world (Arcadia Landing ) and wanted to move my family there permanently, hoping to be able to add a school and the police station so the child could go to school and the PI dad could find work. When the Time Portal was activated by the mom sim and I selected the option for the family to travel back to the present, only the mom sim returned to the home world, but none of the rest of the family. I couldn't interact at all in the home world. Also, I received an unroutable sim notice concerning the plumbot. I thought that perhaps it was either the fact that the plumbot was hung up and was preventing the other family members from traveling, or that because the toddler had aged up in the future, but was still a toddler in the present that that situation may have caused the remaining family members to be unable to return to the present - or a combination of both.

FYI - I had sent two sister sims into the future and both of them returned along with a plumbot, no problem. But then again, the home world was Sunset Valley. My home world in this case is a custom World.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of the sisters was pregnant and delivered in the future - twins, no less! The babies made it back to the past as well.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 8:04 PM
Something like that happened to me once, I was playing with a family and the mom wanted to go to the future so I let her wihout knowing that she was pregnant, she got her bump in oasis landing so I bought her a house so that she could have the baby and then return back to the past.
When she had given birth to a baby boy (Doc) and went back her entire family tree was missing and her husbands previous childrens family tree was so laggy and fucked up that I had to drown them...

I really doubt that what I say makes sense, im a bit tired right now.