Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:42 AM
Default What Happens When You go Into The Future
I am going to ITF an I have a very simple question. Does time in the normal/past freeze or keep going
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 6:09 AM
It freezes.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
It freezes.

Hmm, I haven't gotten to that expansion yet. I guess it's a separate neighbourhood like World Adventures towns?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 8:23 PM
Yay now i gotta wait to get a little bit more money
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
Hmm, I haven't gotten to that expansion yet. I guess it's a separate neighbourhood like World Adventures towns?

Sort of, it is a separate town but you can live there essentially forever.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 10:36 PM
Speaking of, do Sims travelling to the future age while they're in OL? Might be fun to do a multi-generational game there at some point, but obviously only if Sims can actually age.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Speaking of, do Sims travelling to the future age while they're in OL? Might be fun to do a multi-generational game there at some point, but obviously only if Sims can actually age.

Yes, they can.
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 10:55 AM
When we return to the home world, do Sims age in OL? I think Sims in WA destinations age and progress while we're at the home world.

So many questions about subhood.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 11:02 AM
^^Really? I'd just assumed they froze.

And thanks, hugbug!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 5:07 PM
Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Alchemist
#11 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 5:42 PM
At least Twallan's Traveller can enable/disable whether subhood will progress when we're currently in the main hood. But my WA world progressed before I even had Traveller. I had StoryProgression if it made any difference though. Maybe OL will be any different, I don't know.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
When we return to the home world, do Sims age in OL? I think Sims in WA destinations age and progress while we're at the home world.

So many questions about subhood.

Nope. Time travel can't be compared to WA destinations, because you're working on a different axis of the spacetime continuum: with WA, you're moving to a new space and with ITF, you're moving to a new time. And while time continues on in normal fashion when you're not vacationing, the time portal serves as a wormhole. The times you move between are fixed because those are the points that the wormhole connects to. For that matter, you create a new future every time you make more money, get a new trait, or transform between werewolf and human (according to those annoying popups). Even if OL sims aged, you would destroy them before they got a chance to age up.

However, it doesn't explain how you return at the same time you left when you go on vacation. I'm just going to assume that SimNation is the last surviving nation on SimEarth and all the other places you can go are virtual simulations. You still have to go to the centre that controls the simulations, which is why you hop around on the map, and a team of technicians is on hand to make sure everything is fine and that you get any items you picked up in the simulation dropped in your inventory. It would explain why the sims versions of those places are nothing like the original; they're just simulations of a place that the creators didn't understand and couldn't portray accurately.
Site Helper
#13 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 10:13 PM
I was assuming that they were using TARDIS-like transports to get to the other worlds, and someone finally figured out that if you can go back a few days in time when you return home (thus preventing having to get someone to water the plants, feed the fish, watch the kids, etc. while you are gone) then perhaps you can also go into the future in these things.

But I don't have ITF (yet) so my clever person who modifies the transports hasn't been born yet. (Although thanks to Ambitions there are a lot of time machines in the consignment shops, so the clues are all in place for him (or her... I hadn't decided on that yet.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook