Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:33 AM
Default Wishes to Go Steady, Propose Marriage, and more?
Recently I've adopted a more relaxed and less micro-managing play style and decided to let my sims' wishes govern what happens instead of strong-arming them to do what I want. I have been dying to have this one couple to move in together and get hitched but the wishes never seem to come up? So I'm starting to wonder if they exist at all.

So far I know that these wishes exist:
- Have first kiss with sb (and thus become Romantic Interests)
- Go on a date with sb
- Watch the stars with sb
- Woohoo w sb
- Move in w sb (once married) [also this bugs me to no end as isn't it by default your spouse will be added to your household once you marry them?]
- Have children w sb (once married)
- Marry sb (once engaged)
- Break up w sb (Matthew Hamming of Bridgeport rolled this once)

So I'm just wondering if any of you have seen the following:
- Go Steady w sb (from romantic interest to partner)
- Propose Marriage (from partner to fiance/fiancee)
- Move in (before getting married)

To clarify further I'm not talking about sims autonomously doing all these, but wishes for your active family.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 10:17 AM
I've seen all of those. You should make sure your sims don't have commitment issues or anything else that might prevent them from not showing up.. It also helps to propose marriage before the wish comes up, then usually the sims will have the wish to get married (especially if they're family oriented sims)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
(...)
So I'm just wondering if any of you have seen the following:
- Go Steady w sb (from romantic interest to partner)
- Propose Marriage (from partner to fiance/fiancee)
- Move in (before getting married)
(...)

Yes, all three of them, although the only Sim I can remember who constantly rolled the wish to go steady (I think it's called "Ask XX to Be Girlfriend/Boyfriend") had the Gold Digger lifetime wish.

Sims with Commitment Issues can also roll the wish to "Be Just Friends" with their romantic interest, and Hopeless Romantic Sims can roll the wish to "Fall In Love With XX".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
I've seen all of those. You should make sure your sims don't have commitment issues or anything else that might prevent them from not showing up.. It also helps to propose marriage before the wish comes up, then usually the sims will have the wish to get married (especially if they're family oriented sims)

I'm pretty sure their traits are not interfering, one even has Hopeless Romantic. I guess the game is trying to tell me something through all these wishes (or lack thereof) business . I know the wish to get married will be very likely to come up after proposals (along with Bachelor parties), it's the engagement wish itself I'm hoping for.

I guess I'll just wait for a while, my default waiting time for them wishes is after the Eternally Faithful moodlet turns up (20 days). I think I'm gonna force it if things don't work out naturally by then. Thanks for you confirmation tho
just a girl
#5 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 1:35 PM
As I noticed, sims usually want to propose, when they already have a kid (illegitimate child) or if they are family oriented. I play my legacy based on sims' wishes (I've made up a restriction not to interfere with their lives), so I totally understand you. My current sim is almost an elder and still not married. I didn't realize it would be so hard to marry off my sims, when I started this challenge. Now I know that sims actually need us (players) to tell them what to do, and we have our power for a reason.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 9:11 AM
For those who are interested, I was bored, so I started fiddling around with the DMTRs of the wishes to see what the conditions for them to appear are.

It appears that the Propose Marriage wish won't appear before the Go on 4th Date event (according to the Dating Progression DMTR). Loners and Commitment Phobes won't roll this wish either as expected.
I found the ID for Propose Going Steady in the DreamsAndPromisesNodes XML but for some reasons I can't find it anywhere in the DMTR files so I can't tell at all
The Move in Together with XX wish is also tricky, it appears that after a specific amount of Being Partner, it should be rolled, but it's beyond ability to understand how the timer node works so I just (quite randomly) lowered the value, but I haven't gone in game to check the result yet.

Again, I'm completely new to dmtr and had to base everything on this single post by velocitygrass in 2011. This is starting to veer off into modding discussion and I apologize for that. It's amazing the length we go for this shitty frustrating game sometimes.