Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 6:13 AM
Default Is it possible to have these CAW items be affected by underwater fog?
I don't know how exactly to word what my question is, sorry for the weird title.
Anyways, I built myself a nice little pier on my world and used some of the walls that came with CAW (specifically the concrete walls) to make some walls for it. I'm very pleased with the outcome except for one thing. The walls (and some of the rocks I've placed around it) don't fade into the underwater fog and look natural like some of the stuff around it does. Photo for reference: https://prnt.sc/ponh5a

I do have one rock formation placed on the other side of the pier that does seem to be affected by the water's fog as it's lowered deeper into it, but none of the other rocks or walls behave this way. http://prntscr.com/ponhr5
And as a test to make sure the walls and rocks weren't just up too high, here is a piece of the wall lowered down into the terrain under the fog and still not being affected by it http://prntscr.com/poni4o

This problem also carries over into the edit in game mode, it's not just CAW being funky.

So I'm just wondering if there is any way for me to change this? I don't mind poking around S3PE and changing values or something if I have to, or doing a different fix even if its convoluted, just would like to make this look a little more seamless cause its been bugging me for a bit. Thanks in advance!
Also I did again do a little search to see if something similar has been discussed before but I didn't see anything so I apologize if this has been asked before and theres an answer somewhere I missed
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 12:45 PM
This might be fixed in the ini files, but frankly it's a lot of work. You need the right people to answer, and I don't know if they hang around here anymore. The modders might know. It's been mentioned several times, but I don't think there is a simple way to fix this issue, otherwise I would have done long time ago.

I'm a bit distantminded sometimes. I guess you have tried it in game? Things might be different there. Some effects might only work in gameplay.

I know visibility through water is a ini criteria, there is also some criteria for objects in the world. Have you tried environment or lighting mods? They have been done tweaking the same files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
This might be fixed in the ini files, but frankly it's a lot of work. You need the right people to answer, and I don't know if they hang around here anymore. The modders might know. It's been mentioned several times, but I don't think there is a simple way to fix this issue, otherwise I would have done long time ago.

I'm a bit distantminded sometimes. I guess you have tried it in game? Things might be different there. Some effects might only work in gameplay.

I know visibility through water is a ini criteria, there is also some criteria for objects in the world. Have you tried environment or lighting mods? They have been done tweaking the same files.

I was afraid it might be something pretty complex. Ill try poking around tutorials and in files and see if I can come up with anything. If not, it's not too big of an issue I suppose. I have looked at it in the edit in game mode and it's the same there too, as stated in the first post.

I'm not sure if youre asking if I've tried making my own lighting mod or using ones others' have made? I use a lighting mod from brntwaffles as well as their sweetfx in game when I play though if that is helpful info at all