Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#326 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerE14
My game has been working fine with the patch :D

Hmm... Isn't it EA Standard to not have a working game ? Sounds like something must be broken with your setup then.

You should look into "correcting" that.

*chuckles*

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Advertisement
Instructor
#327 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 11:50 PM
The Patch has broken some of my textures.

I tested several EA neighborhoods. Always the same. On high texture settings!
I patched from the launcher. Maybe I should try the SuperPatcher?
Scholar
#328 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 12:43 AM
you need to turn on advanced rendering
Theorist
#329 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 2:48 AM
I remember in the past, installing a new EP would reset my settings in the options menu to lower settings. That was when I was simming on the Mac side but I'm not sure if that bug is exclusive to Mac users. Maybe that's what happened VampireSim.

The attraction system is starting to get on my nerves too. My family's shower broke and the repairwoman found the father attractive without even being in the same room. What? It would be nice if Maxis had included an "Ask How Attractive Am I?" interaction so you always have a good idea how attracted a couple is to each other outside of the first meeting, but thankfully the Woohooer Scoring mod has that and it's updated now.

Was going to wait until Seasons, but I couldn't resist checking out the new freeze to death ghost. It's pretty cool (pun intended ), you can see their breath just as I hoped.

It looks much better in motion so I uploaded a video of the ghost feeding a Cow Plant here: http://youtu.be/Ppsq2mnh3C8
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Was going to wait until Seasons, but I couldn't resist checking out the new freeze to death ghost. It's pretty cool (pun intended ), you can see their breath just as I hoped.

It looks much better in motion so I uploaded a video of the ghost feeding a Cow Plant here: http://youtu.be/Ppsq2mnh3C8

it looks so amazing, I'm probably going to get a few just because of how much I love the ice blue colour of the ghost. *ww*

I've been playing my game without any of the mods since the patch... and my sims can't cook any food at all. not even take a quick meal. <__<;
lucky me who makes the motives static first thing when I start the game...

腐女子 です~
Mad Poster
#331 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:31 AM
So you can make the freeze ghost without Seasons? She is pretty, I like that ghost better than the purple one from jellybean death. Purple is my favorite color.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#332 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:56 AM
From what I remember new ghosts have always been included in the patch so if you have Supernatural you should be able to create it in CAS or through MasterController Integration if you don't, which is what I did. When I install Supernatural and Seasons I'll make a family with a witch and a werewolf with a freeze to death ghost related to one of them, but it won't be this sim. She's alive and well in my normal gameplay.
Instructor
#333 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
you need to turn on advanced rendering

You saved me hours of reinstalling the game!!! Thanks a lot!!!
I never activated the advanced rendering. It wasn't necessary.
Top Secret Researcher
#334 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4

How is your ghost not floating but walking like a normal person? Do you have a mod installed or did the new patch change the way the ghosts move?
Forum Resident
#335 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 12:06 PM
So, I wonder if ice/freeze spell can cause death now?
Field Researcher
#336 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:26 PM
This patch seems to have fixed the fact that my game has been unplayable since installing Supernatural. I guess that makes it a success in my book.
Theorist
#337 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
How is your ghost not floating but walking like a normal person? Do you have a mod installed or did the new patch change the way the ghosts move?

I used MasterController Integration to create the ghost in CAS since I don't have Supernatural installed yet. I was wondering that too actually, not sure if I need Supernatural for the floating to be applied properly if I'm creating a ghost through CAS.

I don't think anyone mentioned this here yet, but if you have WA the Chinese fireworks can be bought from the grocery store now.
Theorist
#338 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:06 PM
I installed this patch on Sunday, updated all my Twallan mods and AM, and played with it Sunday and Monday nights. It's borked my Bridgeport. I get 1 second of playability and at least 10-seconds of everything frozen in a repeating loop. Overwatch complains about unroutable sims, and when I use MC to focus on them, they look fine, just not going anywhere. Resetting them only temporarily fixes it, because I'll get the same notification a minute or so later. I tried resetting every object in the entire town, but that didn't seem to fix it. Moonlight Falls was fine though, everything seems to work. All my custom CAS sliders are still working. I was a bit disappointed it looks like something changed in the meshes/morphs because the Tinkerbell fairy I made now has bright spots under her nostrils as though she's leaking brightly reflective snot. I had to re-edit her in CAS and move her nose up a bit to lose the bright spots.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#339 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 8:15 PM
New Patch Keeps Crashing....
Updated my game yesterday... Keeps crashing upon loading... And am currently playing just three EPs. Ambitions, Generations, and Supernatural... So then I Deleted everything, saved games, screenshots, recordedvideos, CCs, Downloads, CustomMusic... And I uninstalled my EPs... Reinstalled my baseGame, and updated it again... Now it leads me up to loading a game (since I deleted my saved games from the game folder - have back-up on a differend disc though - I'm about to start a New Game)... Went as far as about 20% of loading... then Crashes... Don't know what else to do...
Scholar
#340 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dustcauldron16
Updated my game yesterday... Keeps crashing upon loading... And am currently playing just three EPs. Ambitions, Generations, and Supernatural... So then I Deleted everything, saved games, screenshots, recordedvideos, CCs, Downloads, CustomMusic... And I uninstalled my EPs... Reinstalled my baseGame, and updated it again... Now it leads me up to loading a game (since I deleted my saved games from the game folder - have back-up on a differend disc though - I'm about to start a New Game)... Went as far as about 20% of loading... then Crashes... Don't know what else to do...

Two suggestions: One, download the patch updater from MTS. It could be that your EPs are not patched to the point when EA started applying the patch to the base game.

Two: remove the entire c:\...my documents\electronic arts\The Sims 3 folder (and subfolders). It could be that you missed deleting something that you should have. BTW, in the future, before you delete everything, you can just relocate this entire folder, the game will rebuild it, then you can slowly move things back. That way some things can be salvaged.
Page 14 of 14