Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#251 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
If the child have the genius trait, they do learn those skills faster.

But sadly, she's an insane loner.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
I don't know what happens with patch 1.47. I don't know if incremental ones work for that. Are you offered the super patch through the launcher right now ? The 1.3 GB one ?

Could you check if you have the above mentioned file ?

I've finally decided to patch the game. There was no p17 folder in GameData/Shared/DeltaPackages, but the launcher offered me the super patch and it patched without any problem. It then created p17 folder, Maxis logo appears when I start the game and I'm a very happy simmer now!
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 11:13 AM
Either my game couldn't run of the five mods which was still outdated and not updated (which is the reason i didn't put them back in), or this patch actually sped up things. My 'Nothing's free'-game went from a loading time of 3-4 minutes, to about ½ a minute...

Woa... EAxis - if you actually did something right, I might be around to almost forgiving you for being a moneymaking machine .
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 1:24 PM
I didn't notice my game loading any faster, but I do have a ridiculous amount of CC and every expansion so I'm sure that's the real reason.
Lab Assistant
#255 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 12:13 PM
Ok so I have Overwatch (updated to 1.50), Relativity (not yet updated) and Shimrod's Townies Out On The Town. If I play my game as is right now, would I break my game? I've only been playing with mods since last patch so I'm not sure about updating...
Theorist
#256 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:01 PM
Game mods often need updating and I know Twallan's mods all had to be revised as a result of this patch, so you need to re-download them. I don't use the other mod you mentioned but someone else said it also needs updating for this patch.

The bigger and more useful the patch, the more likely it is to break the mods. ;-)

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#257 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:06 PM
You should update all your mods, or see if the mod you are using is okay for the latest update. If not, there will be problems, I forgot to update the base mod to one of Twallan's mod suites and my game would crash at loading. I was a bit panicky, but after looking at my mods, I didn't have one of the base mods, went and got it. All was good.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#258 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
They apparently fixed "Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways."

I'm still getting that glitch in 1.50
Anyone else still having the problem?

Now I updated all my mods. I don't have this glitch anymore.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Inventor
#259 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PureFilth
Ok so I have Overwatch (updated to 1.50), Relativity (not yet updated) and Shimrod's Townies Out On The Town. If I play my game as is right now, would I break my game? I've only been playing with mods since last patch so I'm not sure about updating...

Shimrod's Townies Out on the Town hasn't been updated for the patch yet. You should take that one out.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:39 PM
Has anyone tried sending their sim child or teen to boarding school since the patch? I'm not able to find the option. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
Inventor
#261 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 1:59 PM
Shimrod's Townies Out on the Town was updated not long after my post above, for those that use it.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Field Researcher
#262 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 5:35 PM
I was wondering... I just got Aurora Skies, but was planning to wait until Uni to update to 1.50 because of my mods and all. Would the world work ok, or does it require the latest update, since it was released after this patch?
Lab Assistant
#263 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 6:28 PM
Aurora Skies requires Patch 1.50 which is the only reason I updated so fast..
Field Researcher
#264 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 6:28 PM
Thank you!

Must...be...patient...
Field Researcher
#265 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort

Originally Posted by Consort
They apparently fixed "Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways."

I'm still getting that glitch in 1.50
Anyone else still having the problem?

Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
Me too. OUCH!

In Auroa Sky it was an occasion twirl by one or two now everyone is twirling to go through doorways. Driving me buggy. Made the christmas party drag.
GRrrrrr. Never had the issue prior to patch.
Test Subject
#266 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 1:57 AM
Oh, thank the lord. If the Sims want to pillow fight half as much as they do now, I think I'll die and go to heaven.
Field Researcher
#267 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sauzer
Just copy/pasting the said file seems to work for me. Patched without problems here. [used the manual patch]
Thanks (:

Seems to work in my case, too.
Page 11 of 11