Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#626 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 5:25 PM
I got this from a friend. This is probably the worst world EA has released.
The world is a medievil world but many of the houses have electronics, there are cars, cell phones, etc.

Also to make things worse, almost all houses are under developed, looking very poor. Some things are very pretty like the school, but other than that, nothings good in this World. Glad i got it for free. Shame my friend bought it though. Overpriced world as usual.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#627 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 7:17 PM
Is anyone else having problems getting the dragon eggs to hatch? I bought one but when the timer hits zero, nothing happens. :/
Instructor
#628 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiffany_1018
Is anyone else having problems getting the dragon eggs to hatch? I bought one but when the timer hits zero, nothing happens. :/

The fix is here.
Lab Assistant
#629 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 11:39 PM
Does anyone have more than one dragon per sim? My sim has a dragon, found another dragon egg and hatched it, but the new dragon was totally unselectable--no interactions, no naming. I sold it in buy mode for $1000.

The second dragon was purple, as was her first, so maybe sims can have only one of each color?
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#630 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 4:09 AM
I think they can only have one of each color. At least, that is what I have read/been told.
Test Subject
#631 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 9:13 AM
My sim had dragons of all colors.
dodgy builder
#632 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 9:40 AM
They could only have one on the shoulder at any time I think.
Mad Poster
#633 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 10:03 AM
i would definitely delete the library if it was causing issues. by the way, did a festival lot come out for dv yet?
Scholar
#634 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 10:28 AM
Dragon Valley Festival Lot

(And whoa, so that's the upgrade they did yesterday, the exchange looks majorly different now.)
dodgy builder
#635 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 11:36 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 5th Jun 2013 at 11:50 AM.
I don't think it's that bad this world, but I'm a builder of course. Some of the rabbitholes are quite cute actually, some of the lots as well, but yet again EA has a tendency to add some really odd features. I write more about it in todays post, follow the link in my signature. Lots of pictures. You can see them on my Flickr as well if you like.

This is the library we're talking about, you have to go through the toilet to get to the other side.

Library by Volvenom, on Flickr

Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i would definitely delete the library if it was causing issues. by the way, did a festival lot come out for dv yet?

The only thing you probably need to do, is to remove the upper staircase in this picture and make the toilet there smaller, or just extend it to the right. Then you would have a passage by the remaining staircase. As it has only one toilet in each room, it's taking up a bunch or room it doesn't need. Just use a regular toilet and make it easier for yourself. Perhaps you don't even need the his or hers toilet doors at all. It's just a library after all.

Oh yes, and put a connection door on the upper floor between the rooms.
Alchemist
#636 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 12:14 PM Last edited by nikel23 : 5th Jun 2013 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Looking at the rabbitholes, lots of them was set as no visitors allowed. Not sure what's the point in that. Would you like being in a bar alone? Perhaps it doesn't matter and townies go wherever they want.

The only point I see from setting the lots containing rabbit holes to No Visitor Allowed is that the lot won't be shown on the list of "visit community lot" interaction with Twallan's GoHere mod. I guess it's just to prevent them from visiting there for no reason, because in the end they will also end up there if they have to enter the rabbit hole for some reason.
dodgy builder
#637 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
The only point I see from setting the lots containing rabbit holes to No Visitor Allowed is that the lot won't be shown on the list of "visit community lot" interaction with Twallan's GoHere mod. I guess it's just to prevent them visiting there for no reason, because in the end they will also end up there if they have to enter the rabbit hole for some reason.

This is EA, so I guess there is no difference then? Another thing when it's a bar and not a rabbithole of cause.
Alchemist
#638 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 5:11 PM
This is EA, so I guess there is no difference then? Another thing when it's a bar and not a rabbithole of cause.

What? A bar is set to No Visitors Allowed? This is an outrage!
dodgy builder
#639 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
What? A bar is set to No Visitors Allowed? This is an outrage!

Yes, and they have used that little bar, it doesn't spawn any NPC's.
Theorist
#640 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 3:26 AM
Here's the finished horseback riding montage in DV I said I was working on: http://youtu.be/bBmv9kEdCQ4

It's actually really interesting how many different places you can go, especially on some of the mountains. Several times I was all "What, you can go out here?!" The shot at 1:10 with the horse drinking is actually on the very edge of the world. Had to be extra careful that I wasn't getting the low detail terrain there.
Field Researcher
#641 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 6:27 AM
Yes, and they have used that little bar, it doesn't spawn any NPC's.

If you add the prof. bar and change it to "dive bar" or "watering hole" the bartender's will come. It's like that in all the worlds so Base gamers can play.
dodgy builder
#642 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
If you add the prof. bar and change it to "dive bar" or "watering hole" the bartender's will come. It's like that in all the worlds so Base gamers can play.

yea, that's probably why they have set it to "no visitors allowed".

I make my own world and I've noticed when I remove a lot and reposition it I have to change zoning. Easy to miss if you don't pay attention ... or don't know.
Page 26 of 26