Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 1:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game crashes when trying to interat with bartenders/mixologists
So, I have a save in Moonlight Falls and every time I click on a bartender/mixologist the game crashes ("sims3.exe has stopped working"). At first I thought it was the custom lot I was using ----> http://www.modthesims.info/d/428489...quot-no-cc.html but I realised it happens in other bars/lounges etc. around town as well. This is not a big save (I havent been playing for a long time) and all other neighboorhoods bars work fine. Is it possible I might have corrupted the game (because I killed + deleted a homeless (I beleve) npc). The neighboorhod loads just fine and if I don't visit a bar I can keep playing normally .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 2:20 PM
Removing homeless NPCs doesn't harm the game if it is done properly, it does if testingcheats shift-clicks are used to delete them as if they are objects. Is this what was done? If so, you have deleted their body but the sim is still in the game and their data may be trying to react to things (which it then cannot). That's a bit puzzling if the sim is actually dead, but possibly the concept still holds true.

A safe way to delete sims is to use NRaas MasterController's Total Annihilation command on them. Overwatch and ErrorTrap are also highly recommended to help clean up any residual sim data that may linger especially if the sim(s) in question occupy any slots on other sims' family trees. And I would also recommend Register if it's not already in play for better management of role giving objects like LN bars.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Removing homeless NPCs doesn't harm the game if it is done properly, it does if testingcheats shift-clicks are used to delete them as if they are objects. Is this what was done? If so, you have deleted their body but the sim is still in the game and their data may be trying to react to things (which it then cannot). That's a bit puzzling if the sim is actually dead, but possibly the concept still holds true.

A safe way to delete sims is to use NRaas MasterController's Total Annihilation command on them. Overwatch and ErrorTrap are also highly recommended to help clean up any residual sim data that may linger especially if the sim(s) in question occupy any slots on other sims' family trees. And I would also recommend Register if it's not already in play for better management of role giving objects like LN bars.

Thank you! I think I deleted him by deleting the tombstone after he respawned as a ghost. Now I'm thinking i should have added the tombstone in my inventory and placed it in the graveyard (hopefully this would make him go away?). Also, why would the bars be affected since I killed him on my home lot?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 5:32 PM
Just a theory, but the mixologist sim may have still been assigned to one of the bars in town even though they were dead. Thus any function that calls the game to use its roster of assigned mixologists could run into an impossible calculation to peform if one of them unexpectedly no longer exists fully. ErrorTrap should be catching errors like that and at least preventing the game from crashing if it is in play, but yes it would have been better to not delete the tombstone since the sim (their remains) was inside or somehow attached to it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Just a theory, but the mixologist sim may have still been assigned to one of the bars in town even though they were dead. Thus any function that calls the game to use its roster of assigned mixologists could run into an impossible calculation to peform if one of them unexpectedly no longer exists fully. ErrorTrap should be catching errors like that and at least preventing the game from crashing if it is in play, but yes it would have been better to not delete the tombstone since the sim (their remains) was inside or somehow attached to it.

Hello, I just tried to run the game (Error Trap enabled) and I have feedback. The game is broken.... period! I loaded the game, went to the lounge where the bug originally occured where I was able to properly interact with the barwoman (no errors recorded) and everything was going swimmingly. Up until it was a bit before closing time and I tried interacting with the mixologist again and... CRASH! I'm officially lost! Also, the sim I mentioned I killed, was a nobody a.k.a. an unemployed sim with no connections (maybe only one), no home or anything else that might connect them to the bartender issue so the bug might be only a coincidence and I only noticed it after deleting the guy. Also, it seems even more strange how this issue occured only in this file when in another active game of mine I deleted the guy that comes to take your stuff if you don't pay your bills and nothing happened. I think I might have to restart from scratch. And next time move the killed sims remains to the graveyard (instead of deleting them).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
try running without cc/mods?

I don't think that's possible because

1) While the original bug location is a custom one itself it already has npc's using it

2) Both my sims and a lot of townies auto-implement cc in their looks and I'm afraid If I take them out it might break everything.

Also, I don't think they are the isue because like I mentioned before every other game works perfectly fine. Maybe I'll try removing the lot but I don't know how safe it is given reason #1.