Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 1:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default More workdays for Astronauts!
My Sim, working in Military Career (10), is an Astronaut. They work once a week and it is 9A.M - 1A.M .. Personally it seems realistic to me that they work for so long but i don't get why they work for just one single day! It really annoys me having a sim work in military career sitting at home whole week doing nothing 'cause all my sims are at work. Anyone knows how to adjust workdays for careers? Or a mod that solves this problem or lets you adjust the workdays. Thanks for your help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 2:59 PM
Have you considered having your sim take a demotion to Level 8 or 9 so they can have a more spread out work schedule?

Usually by the time my sims get to Level 10, the one absurdly long shift per week works out well for them because then the rest of the week, after they recover from exhaustion, they get to spend time with their grandchildren and do all the things they never got around to doing when they were younger without having to wait for retirement like many other sims do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Have you considered having your sim take a demotion to Level 8 or 9 so they can have a more spread out work schedule?

Usually by the time my sims get to Level 10, the one absurdly long shift per week works out well for them because then the rest of the week, after they recover from exhaustion, they get to spend time with their grandchildren and do all the things they never got around to doing when they were younger without having to wait for retirement like many other sims do.

I have considered but i want him to stay Astronaut and i have my days longer with a nraas mod so i have triple the time an unmodded player has. I just want them to go to work twice or three times a week, the shift being just once a week really annoys me.
At least can i make the one day shift longer? like Monday 9am until tuesday 7p.m? i can modify and make him eat second times at work, or nap for some time no big deal.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
You can edit the Careers XML file (Instance: 0x6E9ADCDAEB2CE302). Astronauts in my game work from 5 AM to 4:30 AM the following day, have a day off and the next day they go to work again. It's 3 days a week. After the Friday shift they go back home on Saturday at 4:30 AM and all Sunday is off. I also altered the salary, but you can revert it to the default. Bear in mind that a 23,5-hour shift is exhausting. Your astronaut must be well-rested, fed and relaxed before going to work. In other words, make sure you max all your sim's motives before sending him/her into space. If you're content with such settings, here they are:
Code:
<Military>
  <Title>Astronaut</Title>
  <BasePay>200</BasePay>
  <PensionPay>940</PensionPay>
  <WakeupTime>23</WakeupTime>
  <StartTime>5</StartTime>
  <DayLength>23.5</DayLength>
  <DowntownWakeupTime>11</DowntownWakeupTime>
  <DowntownStartTime>13</DowntownStartTime>
  <DowntownDayLength>22</DowntownDayLength>
  <DaysToWork>M,W,F</DaysToWork>