Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 12:44 AM
I'm 17 currently, 18 in June.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 4:24 AM
I turned 22 last November
Field Researcher
#78 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 4:27 AM
not to get totally off subject, but I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in gothic recolors of the Apartment Life Dreaming of Olde bed? It would be a whole bedroom set actually.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 6:53 AM
**Points to her downloads**

The Dreaming of Olde bed is Maxis' version of the Sims 1 Makin' Magic bed. The vines on the headboard and the foot board on their version are flat (and looks very odd to me) but my version I actually meshed the vines, and I have the single bed size too!

(sorry for the shameless plug, but I thought I'd point out the info.)
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 7:34 AM
Grr...I just put the finishing touches on two outfits for my new set Gothic set for AF, I want to make a third before I upload it and the tonne of recolors that go with it and I've completely blanked. Ugh! I hate that....
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 11:53 AM
You know I love your outfits, and I think you will have some good idea... but if you don't... you can always upload it only with two outfits, and upload a new set when you had the third...

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#82 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 1:05 AM
Default olde bed
I actually notice how similar the maxis one was to yours (which was done way b4 maxis made one). I thought it was strange how similar the bed sheer was, its almost as if maxis saw yours and copied it. But I'm just strange I'm always thinking everything is a conspiracy or something.

Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
**Points to her downloads**

The Dreaming of Olde bed is Maxis' version of the Sims 1 Makin' Magic bed. The vines on the headboard and the foot board on their version are flat (and looks very odd to me) but my version I actually meshed the vines, and I have the single bed size too!

(sorry for the shameless plug, but I thought I'd point out the info.)
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 2:11 AM
Thanks Nina, but I wouldn't want to do anything half-assed and only upload two... I think it needs at least three to be called a set. Not that it matters anymore though I had a random burst of inspiration and found an idea for a third outfit!!! Yay!

x a m y x
Field Researcher
#84 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Serena_Moonstone
I actually notice how similar the maxis one was to yours (which was done way b4 maxis made one). I thought it was strange how similar the bed sheer was, its almost as if maxis saw yours and copied it. But I'm just strange I'm always thinking everything is a conspiracy or something.

This is my mesh (silver) and their mesh w/ the alpha (black) in Milkshape.
Here is my original reference pic that I had to completely stretch out of proportion that took me about a half hour or so to get it right.

Erie coincidence? My personal opinion is that I think not. EAxis has been know to highly mimic other free Sims 2 content although nothing is comming to mind at the moment. Of course in my perticular case the irony goes even further that my original bed was a 'mimic' of theirs! Either way I find it funny (although I find their bed inferior) and a quiet compliment. With the mesh totaling near 15,000-16,000 Downloads (there was about 12,000 before I updated the mesh for base game) you'd think someone at Maxis would notice.

Before I made the bed I thought for a long time about doing the foot board just the way that they did, but I decided that for me personally it was the cheap way of doing it so that's why it was meshed, even though it rose the poly count by a lot. Also my leaf and right side of the vines is different, theirs is not when it should be.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:32 AM Last edited by star_gusser : 9th Feb 2009 at 7:56 AM.
Corsetcrush I think EA is stalking you....but in all seriousness that is mesh ridiculously similar to yours. One would think that they would give you credits somewhere in the game.

x a m y x
Field Researcher
#86 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 10:17 AM
According to them, they most likely see it as them doing me a favor by building the game in the first place.

I think EA has a god complex, they sure act like it.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 10:48 AM
I think your bed is better than EA's one...
But I donĀ“t know, you could write to them and ask...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 11:08 AM
Yay. Third outfit finished! Hmmm...How do you post pictures in this thread?! I'll put some up if I can figure it out.

x a m y x
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 11:32 AM
I post them by clicking "go advanced", and then, in "manage attachments"... I said you that you would have an idea!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#90 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 1:00 PM
I usually upload my pics to my photobucket account and post the link with the [ IMG]Picaddress.com[ /IMG] minus the spaces after the [
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 1:15 PM
I only have uploaded to photobucket the picture with my policy... I prefer the other option, but all are good!

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
According to them, they most likely see it as them doing me a favor by building the game in the first place.

I think EA has a god complex, they sure act like it.

They totally do. I was so annoyed that their newer meshes (for example the new witch outfits) are weird and very hard to recolor, or re-use the texture. They made it easy for people to mod the sims 2, then got mad later that they did. I suppose I shouldn't complain, Maxis might read this, lol.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 4:24 AM
Thanks guys! I'll try it out later when I can be bothered loading the game or body shop and taking pics.

x a m y x
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 6:05 AM
Here are some progress pics of the new set, please excuse the bad quality and the fact they're taken in bodyshop. Obviously, there is still a tonne of work to do and I have to tweak them to my liking, clean it up, add side seams, do recolours, variations etc. Anyway, lemme know what you think here guys, comments, critique especially. Also, I assure you I didn't pay anything for that donation hair in the pic, so ignore it.

x a m y x

I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 5:50 PM
I love them!! Above all the second one... Can I make you a suggestion??? It's only that I'd like them more if they had tights or something like that... but I don't know, maybe you like them more like this, and they are all yours so you can do with them all that you want...
And about the hair... I only will say you that I believe you!!!

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#96 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 5:59 PM
It amazes me that people figure out how to do clothes. It's definitely beyond me. Even yesterday I was trying to do a recolor of the lemonade stand and it was driving me batty that I couldn't fix the UVmap because there is ONE piece in the wrong place so I couldn't make a pic on the lower front bigger. Sure, I could have moved it, but then I might as well make a new object with a new mesh, and if it's a new mesh anyways why not make it look significantly better... A never ending process.

At least when I make meshes, I try very hard to make them easily recolorable knowing that people WILL want to recolor the stuff they have.

The clothes look great! I like them a lot. (I also really like that hair too.) It really boggles me of how you can get so much detail into the clothes with the meshes you have to work from ( I have seen some UGLY meshes.)

I do have a wee bit of a question about the last one though. If there are the tabs sticking out in the front from the busk, is there a reason there is no lacing in the back? My name should be a bit of a clue that I know a microscopic bit about corsets...

I like them all but I think the middle one is my favorite. Although she looks like she could use some sheer thigh high lace topped stockings, but that's just me I think.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 10:10 PM
Thanks guys, and don't worry, these are just the 'raw' versions, I make these first before I make the rest so I don't get people going "Can you make a version without the tights?" because it's a hell of a lot harder removing stuff than it is adding it.

Corset crush, yeah, the lacing looks a tad odd on that one, it originally wasn't like that, but then I noticed that the mesh has a tiny almost unnoticeable flat panel covering the chest, and it didn't look right at all so I added some lace. The corsets were photo skinned a rearranged a bit off about five of my own corsets (I know something about them too) and one of my corsets has lace at the front like that, and the rest of it is sewn into the boning so you can only see it from the front. It's an odd design but I like it, it's where I got that idea from. Same with that third one, how it doesn't have the laces at the back, that's one of my imitation corsets that just looks pretty.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

x a m y x
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by star_gusser
Thanks guys, and don't worry, these are just the 'raw' versions, I make these first before I make the rest so I don't get people going "Can you make a version without the tights?" because it's a hell of a lot harder removing stuff than it is adding it.

Corset crush, yeah, the lacing looks a tad odd on that one, it originally wasn't like that, but then I noticed that the mesh has a tiny almost unnoticeable flat panel covering the chest, and it didn't look right at all so I added some lace. The corsets were photo skinned a rearranged a bit off about five of my own corsets (I know something about them too) and one of my corsets has lace at the front like that, and the rest of it is sewn into the boning so you can only see it from the front. It's an odd design but I like it, it's where I got that idea from. Same with that third one, how it doesn't have the laces at the back, that's one of my imitation corsets that just looks pretty.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

x a m y x

Not to be pushy but, about when will those be done? They're all adorable. I can't wait to download them ^.^
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 4:36 AM
Quote:
Not to be pushy but, about when will those be done? They're all adorable. I can't wait to download them ^.^

Why thankyou. It's hard to tell, I'll probably submit them in the next couple of days (I still have to do more stuff and maybe make some more outfits for the set, I'm kind of a perfectionist, then I have to take pictures etc) Then they have to wait in moderation at MTS2 to be approved, and that can take up to three days......soooo maybe they'll be up in a week?

Also Corsetcrush I forgot to mention earlier that I completely agree on the whole meshes thing. I attempted meshing once and failed miserably, so thank god for people like you who are good at meshing and make it easier. I swear EA makes meshes more and more complicated with each expansion pack. Ugh. Not just that, other peoples meshes just infuriate me sometimes, in particular rose's clothing meshes and Augstin's hair meshes, don't get me wrong I love their stuff but, damn. It makes recoloring a bitch and a half. And thank you for saying my textures are detailed, but it's way easier to do than it looks.

x a m y x
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 3:00 PM
Welcome to the group xdEaDbLoOdx!! Are you the one that liked my shadows??

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:

Page 4 of 16