Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 8:09 AM
Default Glitches that make you go "Wait. . . . what?"
So you're crusing along in your game and you figure you've just about seen everything. You know it all like the back of your hand (granted, I've only been playing the game for about two months now, but I'm talking about you), when suddenly along comes some bizarre glitch that makes you do a double take.

About a month or so ago, I had this glitch:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And just a few minutes ago, I found this:

Now, what's wrong with these pictures? xp

What are some of the silly (but non game-crippling) glitches you've encountered?

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 8:28 AM
I see lots of things like that all the time. Although instead of "Wait, what", it's more like "Oh, look, time to break out the coding tools again".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:50 PM
I got both of those glitches when I used mods to do something in the game. The "Move In" one I got when I cheated and added a woman's fiance and his whole family to her household. As soon as I did, she rolled the want. The blacked-out person I caused by taking a Sim back into CAS from within the game. Took a bit for the game to reset the Sim to the new look I'd picked and so he was blacked-out until then.

For me, the biggest eye-roller has been when a child or toddler Sim is assigned a hair by the game but it is not meant for their age. I think it's just bad CC but it happens about 3 times out of ten.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ranissa
I got both of those glitches when I used mods to do something in the game. The "Move In" one I got when I cheated and added a woman's fiance and his whole family to her household. As soon as I did, she rolled the want. The blacked-out person I caused by taking a Sim back into CAS from within the game. Took a bit for the game to reset the Sim to the new look I'd picked and so he was blacked-out until then.

For me, the biggest eye-roller has been when a child or toddler Sim is assigned a hair by the game but it is not meant for their age. I think it's just bad CC but it happens about 3 times out of ten.

The glitch isn't that the sim is blacked out - the clothes are dark and the lighting is bad. It's something else. :3

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 2:25 AM
I've had the glitched Move In wish in my legacy game without any sort of cheats. The moustache guy portrait appears when the game for some reason cannot display the sim's correct portrait - I've seen it a few times when sims change into work uniforms.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 4:22 AM
I hate how the Family Tree gets wonky on occasions. Especially, with World Adventures.

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
The glitch isn't that the sim is blacked out - the clothes are dark and the lighting is bad. It's something else. :3

If you mean the picture of the guy, there's actually another thread around here about that. I haven't had that glitch at all. As for her being "blacked out"...uh...her whole body looks like one black hole, but the person she is hugging does not. I think perhaps it's showing the guy's picture because there is something up with her.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by apocalypticautumn
I hate how the Family Tree gets wonky on occasions. Especially, with World Adventures.
WA has a horrible bug that will screw up your fambly, yes. Get AwesomeMod prevent it from occurring. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 7:52 AM
that mustache guy creeps me out almost as much as the black hole sim.
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:29 PM
I've seen it too! I've also got the Move In glitch!

Today my Sim was about to become an elder so I made him cook ambrosia and he ate it. He got the divine meal moodlet and rainbow effects all over the place. His age was resetted, but that afternoon when I was not looking (taking care of his Inventor child) he aged! This messed up with my plans! As I had to age his wife too using the cake (and she also ate ambrosia)!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#11 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
Today my Sim was about to become an elder so I made him cook ambrosia and he ate it. He got the divine meal moodlet and rainbow effects all over the place. His age was resetted, but that afternoon when I was not looking (taking care of his Inventor child) he aged!
That's a bug that is as old as TS3 itself. When a sim eats Ambrosia, the aging state gets reset, but aging alarms don't get cancelled. Thats's a single line of code...

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 4:37 PM
I get the "Move In" glitch all the time. >__<
Oh, but my favorite one would have to be random dead sims on the family-tree suddenly start showing as being alive again.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 4:40 PM
Whenever I catch snails I catch "a snails" someone needs English class again!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#14 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
That's a bug that is as old as TS3 itself. When a sim eats Ambrosia, the aging state gets reset, but aging alarms don't get cancelled. Thats's a single line of code...
It's fixed in AwesomeMod, yes.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 8:03 PM
I've had the "Move-In" glitch too...glad it's not just me
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 11:02 PM
Anyone interacting with my sim was being shown Anne T. Septik's picture in the action queue (twinbrook's starting maid) for most of his Young Adulthood, despite the fact that he was a very large, very black man and definitely not a maid.... it seemed to fix it when he aged up though.

The weird thing is, his portrait on the left hand side, was still him.

Oh and I have a bike out in the sticks which is just standing there in the middle of the road, like someone is about to get on it, it's been there for 3 generations now... I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo

Oh and I have a bike out in the sticks which is just standing there in the middle of the road, like someone is about to get on it, it's been there for 3 generations now... I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

xDD

While it's not a glitch, I always lulz as people get run over by cars. :3

Instructor
#18 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler

I didn't know that, it's the first time I decide to cook ambrosia.

Quote: Originally posted by Joshie196
Whenever I catch snails I catch "a snails" someone needs English class again!

ESL and I've found lots of mistakes ! I had a female Sim that got promoted and the popup said he instead of she.

They are easy to fix though.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 4:42 PM Last edited by severedsolo : 27th Jul 2010 at 11:52 PM.
As Promised: Behold the Magical Eternal Freestanding Bicycle!

I noticed when I took the picture that it isn't actually touching the road... I wonder if thats why it glitched and won't disappear. (I would Testingcheats delete it, but I'm thinking it can be a tourist attraction... there is precious little else to look at way out in the middle of nowhere in Twinbrook)

#20 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 2:34 AM
That's a bug
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:58 PM
My sim went to Epygt on a 3 day trip and was there for 14 days. Only after I attempted to kill her did she return home.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 6:17 PM
Wtf? I just found a second Magical Freestanding Eternal Bicycle! I wont post a pic of it because it looks exactly the same as the first one. Its definitely not the same one though... My sim went on a stylist job to the house with the first one, then went to another job down the road, and there is another Magical Eternal Freestanding Bicycle there!

Any thoughts on whats making them? The only thing I can think of, is that Sims are going to get on them, and then kicking the bucket or aging up, thats all I can think of.
Inventor
#23 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:21 PM
I'm not sure this is a glitch,but i went WTH when i saw this .Why on earth would a father teach his daughter(Yes its a girl )about whohoing so young .
Forum Resident
#24 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:26 PM
Haha! Thats hilarious! I had one where my Sim was trying to teach the toddler about recycling. What made it even funnier was that she was a slobby couch potato. Now I don't know what it is in Simlish, but im pretty sure that "recycling" is beyond the vocabulary range of most toddlers. (On a Side note, I cant belive that every word in Simlish is "Nebneb" or "Zurkala" which is all they ever seem to say when teaching them to talk)
Instructor
#25 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Haha! Thats hilarious! I had one where my Sim was trying to teach the toddler about recycling. What made it even funnier was that she was a slobby couch potato. Now I don't know what it is in Simlish, but im pretty sure that "recycling" is beyond the vocabulary range of most toddlers. (On a Side note, I cant belive that every word in Simlish is "Nebneb" or "Zurkala" which is all they ever seem to say when teaching them to talk)

My two year old can't say it but he does know the difference between the recycling and the trash.

Zebneb and zurkala to me appeared to be encouragement for learning, not the actual words themselves. Of course, I sit down my Sim and toddler to learn language and then go do something else with someone else in the house, as I find it just a rather tedious chore.
Page 1 of 16