Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:27 PM
Default Its official, Pets are returning!
The Sims 3 Unleashed trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_-Z...feature=related
Dogs, Cats, Horses, Skunks, deer, fish! An entire animal expansion! This October! This is the first expansion that im REALLLLYYY excited for! And I think it looks awesome! I like it when expansions affect sims everyday lives. Cant wait to make sim versions of my pets !
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:38 PM
There is alot of doubt that its an expansion. Several people specualted in the generations thread that it may be a spin off not an EP. However speculating to much may be jumping to conclusions it doesn't come out for months.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:40 PM
Yes, but look toward the end of the trailer where it says what systems are included by showing the logo of each of them. PC/Mac is one of them. This is just mostly for the consoles since "Generations" needs to be the sole focus for Sims 3 right now. Besides, a family EP like "Generations" can go hand-in-hand with "Unleashed."
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Yes, but look toward the end of the trailer where it says what systems are included by showing the logo of each of them. PC/Mac is one of them. This is just mostly for the consoles since "Generations" needs to be the sole focus for Sims 3 right now. Besides, a family EP like "Generations" can go hand-in-hand with "Unleashed."

Well I hope that your right I really do, but I'm going to point out that it still could be a spin-off and not an EP. Just because it says its for computers doesn't definatly mean it can't be a spin off. I hope you understand I'm saying this beacause EA has been know to dissapoint us and I just want to remind people that nothing is certain yet.
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:50 PM Last edited by tizerist : 11th Mar 2011 at 5:15 PM.
Oh my god! It must be an expansion, it says Sims3 at the beginning, right?

But why October? That can't be right!...
Edit: I never saw the Generations trailer, so its not a Generations replacement, so October would be about right. But an announcement at this stage would be truly bizarre for an EP...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:01 PM
ohmahgawd horses!!!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#7 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:58 PM
It's not from TheSims account, nor from EA. So it's not official. If it was, TheSims would have been the first one who uploaded this.

Not to mention that thesims3.com doesn't mention a thing about it.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:15 PM
The Creeper - It's the EA Games Australia account. Perhaps they put it up a bit early, but it is an official EA account, so I'd call it an official announcement.
Banned
#9 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
It's not from TheSims account, nor from EA. So it's not official. If it was, TheSims would have been the first one who uploaded this.

Not to mention that thesims3.com doesn't mention a thing about it.

thesims3.com never does -.-

Anyway after taking a second look at it... doesn't look like an expansion.

Also looks a bit ummm... fake.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:16 PM
It doesn't look like an expansion in what way? The video looks like it is the console version, which make sense. But there is a Win/Mac logo at the end. They have not yet made any spin-offs other than Sims Medieval and they did not use the Sims 3 logo for that game. I think it is much more likely to be an EP than it is a spin-off. They made several console versions of Sims 3, some of them versions of EPs.

As for 'many people having doubts', I see a few people with doubts...but reality is that it is more likely to be an EP than a spin-off based on the history of Sims 3 and just as many of us have doubts that it will be a spin-off. So really..we don't know and will have to wait a while to find out.

And its not a fake..its EA Australia!! Look at their other videos. It would be silly for EA to put out fake videos.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:16 PM
if its fake, then my compliments to the maker, cos it looks GOOD.

*doesnt believe its fake*
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Oh my god! It must be an expansion, it says Sims3 at the beginning, right?

But why October? That can't be right!...
Edit: I never saw the Generations trailer, so its not a Generations replacement, so October would be about right. But an announcement at this stage would be truly bizarre for an EP...

too late with the 5th...too early with the 6th...makes for a nice balance!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:25 PM
I liked the scene with the dog sniffing the skunk and the text that flashes saying it has the stupid trait. I had a cat with that trait once... he licked a turned-on light bulb. Twice. Anyway, can't wait for October!

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:26 PM
I needs it now. But I'm a bit surprised that this leaked out before we got any real news about Generations.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I needs it now. But I'm a bit surprised that this leaked out before we got any real news about Generations.

Probably because they know people will more likely accept Generations if they also know that a Pets pack is coming. I bet we hear a lot less complaining about Generations now that those who want pets don't have to worry anymore. Of course, we will hear the weather folks....and the height slider folks..and the preteen folks....
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:32 PM
I think that it only leaked this early because it's also for consoles as spin-offs. And they have to start announcing it now. However, the Sims 3 logo at the end is the clue that it will be available as an EP as well.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:38 PM
It now says "This video contains content from EA who has blocked it on copyright grounds :/"

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
It now says "This video contains content from EA who has blocked it on copyright grounds :/"

I just managed to watch this trailer a few minutes before it got closed, but I can't see the generations trailer because it's closed now :/
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:45 PM
Well, at least I got to see it just in time. EA must have read the plethora of complaints from many sites and decided to tease us with what many of us have requested for a while. I am not a huge fan of pets, but I still like them. Let's see what bugs are in store for us come release time. Yay!
Instructor
#20 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

this is troubling why would it say that if EA had intended us to see it why would they remove it? It makes me wonder...
Alchemist
#21 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:47 PM
Cannot watch it, because it contents material from EA and blahblah.. damn YT!. Shame I can't discuss with you if it's fake or real.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#22 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:49 PM
HAha!!.....vague, just the way we like it, eh, EA?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#23 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:50 PM
These ones are still working: http://www.simprograms.com/28653/th...g-october-2011/ and http://www.simprograms.com/28654/th...ficial-trailer/

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#24 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:04 PM
I soooo want to believe this
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:08 PM
Thanks Inge

Well this is interesting and exciting, just don't want to get my hopes up too much in case this turns out to be fake (this vid seems to be out really early if it's an October release, especially as we've heard nothing about Generations, and it looks more cartoony than normal TS3). I'm pleased it's not just limited to cats and dogs. I'm interested to see how the pets are played - they obviously have traits, can we control them? What else can we do with them?

Let's just hope that this is better than TS2 Pets!
Page 1 of 18