Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#301 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 7:53 PM
Don't forget Wayne Newton.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#302 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 7:54 PM
Cher. Yep, that's her mecca and she rules! I loved her show.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Retired
retired moderator
#303 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:03 PM
Relevant elephant: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...61.page#9012194

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#304 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 3:17 PM
Installing Gold... Hope it's worth it.
Forum Resident
#305 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:32 PM
I've really been enjoying Lucky Palms, but apparently something weird is happening with the wild animals. It will kind of slow down a bit, then I'll get a notification on Overwatch that it recovered missing sims, and it's always the same three animals, two with the last name Dog and a horse with the last name of Horse. I guess they're strays? It keeps happening every night in the game. Are they stuck or what?

I don't even like the strays anyway. If I want my sims to have a pet, I'll make the pet in CAS and merge it with their household. Strays just get in the way and loiter on my sims' lots. Is there a safe way to remove all the strays from the game without it generating new ones? I play with Story Progression turned off, but I don't know if that would effect the strays.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#306 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I've really been enjoying Lucky Palms, but apparently something weird is happening with the wild animals. It will kind of slow down a bit, then I'll get a notification on Overwatch that it recovered missing sims, and it's always the same three animals, two with the last name Dog and a horse with the last name of Horse. I guess they're strays? It keeps happening every night in the game. Are they stuck or what?

I don't even like the strays anyway. If I want my sims to have a pet, I'll make the pet in CAS and merge it with their household. Strays just get in the way and loiter on my sims' lots. Is there a safe way to remove all the strays from the game without it generating new ones? I play with Story Progression turned off, but I don't know if that would effect the strays.
If they've got proper names and not "Stray" or "Wild" they're probably part of the adoption system.
Forum Resident
#307 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:32 PM
The dogs had the last name Dog and the horse had the last name Horse. I have no idea what that means. So if they are part of the adoption thing, why are they missing? I did see at least one adoption tag thing on the map, and it's a sim that doesn't have any pets.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#308 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:55 PM
The dogs had the last name Dog and the horse had the last name Horse. I have no idea what that means. So if they are part of the adoption thing, why are they missing? I did see at least one adoption tag thing on the map, and it's a sim that doesn't have any pets.
I meant proper first names like "Froufrou Dog" instead of "Stray Dog". The game gives any random family child pets for a certain period of time for you to adopt. After a while the adoption caravan moves on to the next household and deletes the former pets. I have turned that system off with Overwatch but when I had it still running I got those recovering missing Sims message on a regular basis.
Forum Resident
#309 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I meant proper first names like "Froufrou Dog" instead of "Stray Dog". The game gives any random family child pets for a certain period of time for you to adopt. After a while the adoption caravan moves on to the next household and deletes the former pets. I have turned that system off with Overwatch but when I had it still running I got those recovering missing Sims message on a regular basis.

Oh, ok. Yeah, they had proper names. I guess I'll just disable the option in Overwatch then. I had to do the same awhile back because I had used the AM command BodySnatch.

So is there some way to delete the strays and wild animals so they won't generate? They're still quite annoying and I'd rather not have them in my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#310 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:08 PM
I keep getting a message that the unicorn is stuck. It always gets stuck at the fishing plant thing.

I have to say again that I really wish they would have included more small lots in this world. Not 10x10 but maybe 20x20. Most are like 30x30 or 40x40. I hate building big!
And lots that are not lined up to the road annoy the hell out of me!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#311 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:24 PM

Twallan's Register mod has that functionality.
One Minute Ninja'd
#312 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:24 PM

So is there some way to delete the strays and wild animals so they won't generate? They're still quite annoying and I'd rather not have them in my game.

Twallan's Register mod includes an animal control feature that allows you to set the number of strays and wild horses yourself, including 0 if you don't want them in a given world.
Top Secret Researcher
#313 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:24 PM
Ive, there's quite a bit of curved street in LP, and since lots don't have curved sides we are bound to have funky lot alignment in many places. I've decided to be satisfied as long as enough of the lot aligns with the street to make the driveway look as though it is connected (fat lot of good that actually does since the car teleports onto the street anyway). My preferred lot sizes are 30x20, 30x30, 30x40 and 40x40, but I've still managed to fill up the bigger lots.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#314 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Ive, there's quite a bit of curved street in LP, and since lots don't have curved sides we are bound to have funky lot alignment in many places.

Well obviously.

I just see some lots in this world that's not aligned that could have been, or at least a part of it could have.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#315 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 4:07 PM
Sorry for the double posting here no (post more people, goddamn!)

I have encountered a weird problem. The 64x64 lot that is on the way out of town (towards the waterfall and all that), when I play a family there, whatever family (have swapped several times and bulldozed the lot many times, rebuilt something new), it seems like the sims don't have free will and only do what's needed to survive. Pets work "as normal" but not the sims.

Any other lot is fine, just not that one. Bah.

Page 13 of 13