Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#476 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:00 AM
i didn't even know about the snow thing in aurora until i was browsing the bbs. i thought /maybe/ there was a chance that the snow would look good. but nope.
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#477 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i didn't even know about the snow thing in aurora until i was browsing the bbs. i thought /maybe/ there was a chance that the snow would look good. but nope.

Which is both unfortunate and irresponsible since they showcased the world in show to show us how "awesome" it would look in a snowy setting. I'm sure they saw the issue, made sure not to show those parts in the pictures, and released it anyway at the exorbitant price it is, even "on sale".

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#478 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:18 AM
ohh, i see. so it's "on sale" already? they have some very questionable business tactics. they should not be misleading people only for them to find out (after they buy it) the complete lack of quality work they put into it.

btw, i've seen players create custom hoods (for free) that are a million times better than this ea made one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#479 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:25 AM
^I wouldn't a million times. Some builders, also, have some questionable design decisions, tbh. Me included. The reason player wolds (when they're good) tend to be better are because they spend more time on them.

But, I don't think I've seen any user make better terrain sculpting than EA. THAT they nail. Painting is another story. Maybe if they used more than 6, 7 or 8 paints... 9_9

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#480 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:46 AM
well, i only said a million times to emphasize my point more. EA doesn't seem as dedicated in those areas, (the ones) besides terrain sculpting.
Mad Poster
#481 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 9:20 AM
I don't think that their terrain sculpting is all that special (from somebody with experience in 3D modelling but not CAW). I've seen some great mountains, rivers, etc. in TS3 by world builders. Custom worlds are a hell of a lot less glitchy and laggy (most of the time, discounting the fucking huge cities) too.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#482 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 2:23 PM
ohh, i see. so it's "on sale" already? they have some very questionable business tactics. they should not be misleading people only for them to find out (after they buy it) the complete lack of quality work they put into it.

btw, i've seen players create custom hoods (for free) that are a million times better than this ea made one.

Yep, on sale at 3900 simpoints (for Gold edition). When the sale is over, it will be 4350 like all the other Gold Edition worlds. I think standard is the same price as the others, 2450, and is not on sale and won't be.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#483 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 2:24 PM
have you guys seen how nasty snow looks in aurora falls yet?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/900543...in/photostream/ (picture isn't mine)

gross lol

Yep, that stopped me from wanting to play the town. So now I'm saving the families and lots I want from the world and I'm moving them to other worlds.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#484 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I don't think that their terrain sculpting is all that special (from somebody with experience in 3D modelling but not CAW). I've seen some great mountains, rivers, etc. in TS3 by world builders. Custom worlds are a hell of a lot less glitchy and laggy (most of the time, discounting the fucking huge cities) too.

Their sculpting is the only thing EA has an edge on the community with, mostly because they cheat and generate terrain. Almost everything else, the community does better, but, sometimes, EA can impress with their lots.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#485 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 3:25 PM
I see that EA put a small effort to the Beakers... Bjorn and Gundrun look really alike in their TS2 appearances, though their effort are still not optimum because I see their eyes are not in the same color. Talk about detailed continuity...
Instructor
#486 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Vss2eip : 22nd Nov 2013 at 9:37 PM.
Well, sorry for reviving this thread, but the venue is now available for individual purchase. And it took only took less then a year.

Edit: Typo and forgot to put a word.
Page 20 of 20