Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:13 PM
Default Patch 1.50----Could it be true?
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/1605572737

Ghost hunter profession is fixed??...oh my oh my!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/1605572737

Ghost hunter profession is fixed??...oh my oh my!

And Bridgeport routing is fixed?! I can use this world again?!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:21 PM
thats where i am playing right now.,..so it would be a big help....

i
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:23 PM
Honestly, I'm most excited over dumpster diving.

I don't know what this says about me.
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x
Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways.

Greeting Cards placed in the home will no longer block Sims from accessing dressers or beds.

Pillow Fight wishes will appear much less frequently.

Hot Dog and Pie Eating contests can no longer ironically cause a Sim to starve to death.

NPCs that throw parties in the winter will no longer select Swimwear as the suggested clothing.

Sims can now be in the rain without an umbrella for a longer period of time before receiving the Soaked moodlet.

Oh my...
Finally listening to the players? Well done EA.
The dumpster diving thing sounds pretty cool too.

I wonder how many things this will break, though.
Alchemist
#6 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:26 PM
SQUEEEE!!! This is the best patch they've ever released... that actually fixes stuff!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by StardustX
I wonder how many things this will break, though.

ETA: This breaks my hope the second after I posted my comment. Let there be no broken things!
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:26 PM
Great update!! I'm playing Bridgeport also and looking forward to that routing fix

~~goes to grab the patch~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#8 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:34 PM
Quote:
Sims can now route properly on floor tiles built above a frozen water surface.

Gosh, they even fixed a glitch that was mentioned several hours ago in what did you discover thread. Have they gone mad?

Quote: Originally posted by IzzyBess
Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
If you've turned winter off in the options for weather, water still freezes. And if you have a house built over water the floor of the house also turns to ice, forcing sims to creep around their house like a burglar.
I've made a house on water to check that out and it really freezes the floor! So annoying! My sim kept getting "move away" action and then teleport (!) on the ice UNDER the house. Not to mention that they've dropped all the other actions like cooking.
I think for now it's the most annoying thing, because I had to level the ground where the house is and it's no longer on lake, just sort of island ;/
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeJoy00
And Bridgeport routing is fixed?! I can use this world again?!

Actually, they say routing has been "improved", not fixed. We don't know the extent of the improvement yet.

Interesting that in Seasons, they claim they fixed the indoor ice skating problem if water was under your home, yet they make no mention of "fixing" the problem of witches not being able to spin on the skating rink. I guess it was really a "feature", after all.

I do appreciate they're lowering the incidence of pillow fight wishes, although that's already modded out of my game, and no more heckling sims in the ocean (I didn't even know that was a problem). Now if they would just retune the "attraction" system.........
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:44 PM
What I especially like about these notes is that this patch seems to fix a lot of things that certain cheerleaders at the official BBS claimed were no bugs and didn't show in their oh so special cheerleader games and were totally due to either mods or bad hardware... :P

And now can somebody tell me what dumpster diving is and why this is so special, please?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
And now can somebody tell me what dumpster diving is and why this is so special, please?

Digging through trash, hoping to find treasure. Basically.

It's fun to do in rich neighborhoods where they'll throwing anything out, just because they can easily replace it. :P
Retired
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:47 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion the Bridgeport fixes are only partial, but I am aware that the gurus are pursuing fixes for the stuck sims issues if they possibly can. So if Bridgeport and Shang Simla are still a mess after 1.50, they may still be addressed further down the road.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
#13 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen
Digging through trash, hoping to find treasure. Basically.

It's fun to do in rich neighborhoods where they'll throwing anything out, just because they can easily replace it. :P
But this must be different from rummaging through trashcans and searching for scrap in junkyards. We already have those two things.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 5:58 PM
Wow, this is truly one of the best patches! I'm in shock of such a long list! And this is the first patch with Maxis "returning" to EA with their logo, so to speak.

By the way... I cannot currently play The Sims 3 due to the process of my purchasing a new computer, so I was wondering if someone could please let me know how Bridgeport plays with the new routing fix? I really do love that world but always found it too lag-heavy. It's still my favorite EA world, and I'd love to actually play with it again. I wonder if this will affect Ellacharm3d's routing fix?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:02 PM
Now this is an update.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:03 PM
Could someone post the complete list of changes on here? The link's not working for me for whatever reason.
#17 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:06 PM
Game update 1.50
02/19/13
To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes the following changes:

Free Sims 3 Base Game Content

Sims can now dumpster dive from the Commercial Dumpster pre-placed in Sunset Valley and find cool items including furniture and collectables!
New air conditioning units and electrical box decorative objects.
New Terrain Paint for Build Mode.
A new traffic light for Create a World.

Base Game Updates

Sims, cats, dogs, and horses will animate properly rather than sliding into position when performing social interactions.
Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways.
Gifts sent by invalid NPC Sims will no longer cause the mailbox to become unusable.
The Fog Emitter that came with The Sims 3 Ambitions has been updated to transition properly to the new base game Fog Emitter object. Any lots created with The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitters that were installed since the release of The Sims 3 Seasons will have to be reinstalled for the emitter effects to play properly. There is no need to re-upload any content to The Sims 3 Exchange – all content created with either The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitter or the new base game fog emitter will work properly when installed after this update is applied.
The Fog Emitter is once again moveable once placed in the world.
Placing blueprints on foundations can no longer cause the game to crash.
Placing a blueprint in a high rise or an apartment building can no longer cause the game to crash.
Using the right mouse button to position the camera while previewing blueprints will now function properly.
Greeting Cards placed in the home will no longer block Sims from accessing dressers or beds.
Foundation walls are now considered to be light blocking. This prevents snow from accumulating within holes in a foundation that are entirely enclosed within the interior of a building.
Sims that already had the hidden diving skill prior to game update 1.42 will now be able to use diving boards.
Broken Omni Plant gift boxes will no longer appear in the Sims inventory when travelling between worlds.

Ambitions Updates
Ghosts will now properly appear for level 5 Ghost Hunters so they can continue their career progression.

Late Night Updates

Deleting doors to NPC apartments can no longer cause the game to crash.
Sims will now animate properly when selecting to dance together in clubs from The Sims 3 Late Night when The Sims 3 Supernatural is not installed.
Improved performance in Bridgeport related to Sim routing.

Generations Updates

Pillow Fight wishes will appear much less frequently.

Showtime Updates

The Park performance venue will now properly place in older save files created before installing The Sims 3 Showtime and any later expansions or stuff packs.
Karaoke Machine wishes will appear much less frequently.
The Heckle interaction is no longer available in Sims swimming in the ocean.

Seasons Updates

Sims can now route properly on floor tiles built above a frozen water surface.
Hot Dog and Pie Eating contests can no longer ironically cause a Sim to starve to death.
Harvestable plants that are grown indoors can no longer become dormant or accumulate snow.
Harvestable plants grown inside biodomes will no longer turn dormant in freezing temperatures.
Harvestable plants will now always be watered during a rainstorm rather than the check only occurring once per day.
UFOs can now abduct Sims from households that don’t have enough room for the UFO to appear on the lot.
Sims will no longer become invisible if The Sims 3 Seasons is uninstalled with a save game created while a Sim is being abducted by aliens.
Festival Grounds are now valid destinations for sending a Sim to perform through SimPort for players with The Sims 3 Showtime.
Sims animations are properly reset when editing an active Festival Grounds lot.
Performance was improved when selecting the “Invade a Community Lot” interaction on the UFO.
Performance was improved when directing Sims to have a Water Balloon or Snowball fight on a cluttered lot.
Ice sculptures from The Sims 3 Ambitions no longer melt in sub-freezing temperatures.
NPCs that throw parties in the winter will no longer select Swimwear as the suggested clothing.
Saving the game prior to a NPC Sim’s costume party will no longer cause Sims to reset upon loading the save file. Frost no longer appears to be a pure white surface on floor tiles or staircases on low detail lots.
Reflective surfaces no longer suddenly pop back on when snow is melting.
Rain drops from roof edges now fade out along with the roof.
Water Balloon and Snowball fights are now easier to cancel from the action queue.
Gloves no longer appear twice when selecting Outerwear.
Sims can now be in the rain without an umbrella for a longer period of time before receiving the Soaked moodlet.
The frequency of alien abductions (without user intervention to increase chances) has been lowered.
The frequency of aliens visiting the player’s household (without user intervention to increase chances) has been lowered. They will however still visit the world at the same frequency.
The frequency of getting called by an NPC Sim to go out on a date has been lowered.
The frequency of umbrellas breaking has been lowered.

Store

Lemons and eggplants will now show up in the Collection Journal.
Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll, Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron, Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball, and Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells will all now give skills introduced in The Sims 3 Supernatural.
Fixed issues that occurred when trying to reinstall store lots.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:14 PM
Some of my favorites:
Quote:
The frequency of alien abductions (without user intervention to increase chances) has been lowered.
The frequency of getting called by an NPC Sim to go out on a date has been lowered.
The frequency of umbrellas breaking has been lowered.

And the pillow fight one... and fixing greeting cards... and the Seasons door spin. Actually, pretty much all of them are my favorites. How could they fix so many things in one patch??
Wow, I'm so happy. As long as this really fixes most of this stuff, it'll be awesome. Best patch ever?! I've always waited for a week or two to patch before, but not this time, I can't wait!
Also, I almost forgot, fixing the ghost hunter career! I'd always been afraid to try it, but if it's fixed, I will!

Intersecting modular stairs.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:21 PM
What I especially like about these notes is that this patch seems to fix a lot of things that certain cheerleaders at the official BBS claimed were no bugs and didn't show in their oh so special cheerleader games and were totally due to either mods or bad hardware... :P

LOL, you took the words out of my mouth.
Me
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:26 PM
But this must be different from rummaging through trashcans and searching for scrap in junkyards. We already have those two things.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4600550823690311&pid=1.7
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:33 PM
I wonder if MAXIS logo shows up in startup with this patch.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:35 PM
I saw that the Maxis logo now appears when loading screen runs.
Instructor
#23 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:38 PM
It sounds pretty damn good, but I also have 100+ mods to update, so I'm not about to be one of the first people rushing in to patch.

I'll just keep my foot in the door and patiently wait for news on how this actually pans out.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Mad Poster
#24 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:43 PM
I love it all... so much.

/hysterical

Edit: And people can't update. ;_;

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:52 PM
so...does this warrant a mod update?