Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:40 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 24th Aug 2013 at 2:20 PM.
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
Welcome to The Set!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Lights. Camera. Action! Bring all of the glitz and glamour of Hollywood straight into your Sims’ homes with The Sims™ 3 Movie Stuff! Set the stage for more unique stories with distinctively themed décor, furnishings, and clothing inspired by iconic movie genres.

With a wide range of items from a creepy crypt bed to an iconic ten gallon hat, tell the tales of masked vigilantes, western cowboys (and cowgirls), and be inspired to create quirky horror stories. Deck out your Sims as silver screen legends as their ordinary town meets classic Tinseltown!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

This SP is similar to:
House Party
Superstar
Teen-Life Stuff
Showtime
Supernatural

Furniture Style(s):
Heroes
Villains
Western
Horror

Clothing Styles(s):
Heroes
Villains
Western
Horror

Current Item Count: About 80

Buy:
-Phone Booth Shower [Heroes]
-All-In-One Bathroom Outhouse [Western]

-Bistro Table [Western]
-Dining Table [Villains]
-Crime Map Dining Table 2 [Villains]
-Coffee Table [Horror]
-End Table [Horror]
-Bedside Table [Horror]
-Bar [Western]

-Double Bed [Horror]
-High Back Dining Chair [Horror]
-High Back Dining Chair [Villains]
-High back Living Chair [Horror]
-Rocking Chair [Western]
-Love Seat [Horror]
-Bar Stool [Western]

-Sconce [Western]
-Wall Mounted Candles [Horror]

-Posters with Cape
-Wanted Poster [Western]
-Wall Hanging [Western]
-Painting [Horror]
-Worn Curtains [Horror]
-Saloon Sign [Western]
-Security Terminal [Heroes/Villains]
-Equipment Display [Heroes]
-Backdrop
-Laser Beam [Villains]
-Jars of Unidentifiable Contents [Horror]
-Trough [Western]
-Animated Table Decor

-Vanity [Western]
-Wardrobe [Superhero]
-Bookshelf [Horror]

-Car [Heroes]
-Motorcycle [Heroes]

Build:
-Saloon Double Door [Western]
-Spider Web Double Door [Horror]
-Double Door [Horror]
-Security Laser Door [Heroes/Villains]
-Arch [Horror]
-Fireplace [Horror]

Create-a-Sim:
Male
-10 Gallon Hat [Western]
-Head Gear 1 [Villain]
-Head Great 2 [Villain]
-Bondage Outfit [Horror]
-Children's Sidekick Head Gear [Villain]
-Mustache [Villain]
-Head Gear [Horror]

-Leather Vest and Shirt[Western]

-Pants with Chaps [Western]

-Costume 1 [Heroes]
-Costume 2 [Villain]
-Costume 3 [Villain]
-Costume 4 [Hero]
-Costume 5 [Villain]
-Costume 6 [Horror]
-Gunslinger Outfit [Western]
-Sewn Suit [Horror]
-Child Sidekick Costume [Hero]

-Boots [Heroes]

-Googles

Female
-Up-Do [Western]
-Long Hair [Western]
-Covered Hair [Horror]
-Veil [Horror]
-Exposed Brain Helmet [Horror]
-Children's Sidekick Head Gear [Villain]

-Sheriff Top [Western]

-Sheriff Bottom [Western]
-Sheriff Skirt [Western]

-Victorian Dress 1 [Western]
-Victorian Dress 2 [Western]
-Victorian Dress 3 [Western]
-Tragic Bride Dress [Horror]
-Costume [Hero]
-Costume 2 [Hero]
-Costume 3 [Villain]
-Sewn Outfit [Horror]
-Outfit with Belts [Horror]
-Child Sidekick Costume [Hero]

-Boots [Heroes]
-Heels [Horror]

New Features

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:48 PM
The Western stuff sounds useful for people who want to play a game set in that period (maybe even parts of it for Appaloosa Plains). The other two (Tim Burton and Maxisman) don't seem nearly as useful except maybe as set pieces or for berry games. Hopefully there'll be some more themes!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:56 PM
There wont be any more themes. We'll get about 50 items (clothes + furnishings) and it will divided among the 3, one of sets lacking, as usual.

For the neglected set, I'm placing my money on horror.

Scholar
#4 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:02 PM
Eh, may be cool. What exactly does it mean by "new features" in CAS? Or does anyone know yet?

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:04 PM
That was a slight error, sorry.

New Features are just new things introduced in a pack, like the radio stations from the last stuff pack.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:06 PM
I have to know more about this SP. I there is no new gameplay, not interested in it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:11 PM
She showed something that looked like an outhouse, which would be cool for my island sims. Vigilante/gangster stuff could be cool, but we'll see. It didn't sound overly exciting overall, but then they didn't talk about it much.
Space Pony
#8 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:16 PM
Movie Stuff....

They better have a "Back to the Future" Style car on this SP or I'm not buying.

Never been big on "Western" themes as Cowboys & Indians are so passe for me.

Vigilantes meh...

Horror meh...

I want futuristic or Sci-fi stuff for a SP that calls itself "Movie Stuff".
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:20 PM
Still mad La Cinema Plumbob wasn't a part of this, tbqh.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Theorist
#10 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:23 PM
And another pass ... sigh

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#11 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
She showed something that looked like an outhouse, which would be cool for my island sims.

Until you notice EA didn't change the animations or anything and the Sims still reach to flush an invisible handle and the typical flushing sound occurs.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Space Pony
#12 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:22 PM
An outhouse?

Kinda like this maybe?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=418502

EA stealing ideas from CC makers
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:24 PM
It looked more like an enclosed toilet stall, only smaller than the ones we already have. But it was just a concept drawing, so who knows.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:25 PM
The outhouse looks almost exactly like the one in TS1 Makin' Magic. A wooden country-style thing with a moon cut-out on the door. Perfect!
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 10:22 PM
Found on SimsVip

Quote:
@swwsims No new traits, but we are working on having some new radio stations!

— Sarah Holding (@SimGuruSarah) April 17, 2013
One Minute Ninja'd
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 11:41 PM
Oh, cool. $20 for some more music in Simlish. About the only use I can imagine for this collection of "stuff" would be to play dress up at the hooker trailer park so they can charge extra.

Great. Another opportunity for my wallet to stay filled.

Next...........
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 2:57 AM
They're really missing great oppurtunities for stuff packs. TS2 has some REALLY good stuff packs. They featured not gameplay related things most of the time, yes, but what they had was very useful. Kitchen and Bath was a personal fave, along side mansion and garden.

The only stuff packs I could recommend for the Sims 3 are High-End Loft stuff, because it has new items, that diagonal tub (which is to die for, tbh), and few other very nice things in it, and outdoor living, for proper outdoor kitchens and garden furniture. Anything else is a "If you really want it". Maybe 70's, 80s & 90's stuff, for the few useful bits and bobs, like the dance floor.

As it appears stuff packs are less about enhancing the game and more about storytelling. Even with the themes we have now, they're missed oppurtunities. Town Life could have been so much better. Master Suite as well.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 3:12 AM
I wonder - If this SP is going to be called "movie" stuff, will they include items from famous movies?

They should include a DeLorean and when a Sim goes 88MPH the time travel EP gets released.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

One Minute Ninja'd
#19 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 3:21 AM
I do have to wonder, now that the Store is well established, what the point of an SP really is. I can be just as happy buying a few sets of matching furniture from the Store as buying some mismatched furniture in an SP. The only thing the Store is, IMO, poor at is clothing, or, at least, clothing collections. If they got their marketing act together for that, SPs would really be redundant.

Besides, maybe that way, consolidating content stuff under the Store, and game play under EPs, would result in less duplication of effort and improve overall quality. OK, I know that's a fantasy, but it would make some business sense.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 4:30 AM
For the longest time, I felt that stuff packs should got the way of Mansion and Garden stuff. Add a bunch of useful, handy content for players and throw in a bunch of minor and very basic gameplay additions. The store's there to pump out content to get money. I was hopeful with High End Loft Stuff, with its gameplay additions, so it's clearly not an issue to add new objects to the game via a stuff pack, but it's clear that new objects are better saved for the store, for whatever reason.

They need to get their priorities in order. Like, imagine if Outdoor living came with an actually drink pitcher.

Scholar
#21 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 8:11 AM
I hope they have a camera like the artist career reward in TS2. Also maybe posters of film stars like Marilyn Monroe.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 10:12 AM
As EPs are getting better, SPs are getting worse and worse. I like HELS, FL, and TL, but newer SPs are not that interesting. What are we supposed to do with stuff from ovies? Recreate the movies in TS3, making the sim versions of them? Or play crazy movie-obssessed sims, with their homes filled with movie stuff, and wearing clothes and hair like famous movie characters? However, movie (and also anime, and celeb0 themed CC and sims are very popular (I don't know, why), probably that's why EA decided to release such an SP, and there's a chance it will be popular among certain audience.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 5:22 PM
My issue is how much stuff will be in the pack. They always cut some themes off and leave stuff hanging. And none of the stuff is ever really useful. Remember that ugly couch from decades? I'd rather they have made a grunge couch to match the lone chair they made. And the bloated 70's didn't help, either, seeing as the 90's was an afterthought.

Alchemist
#24 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
And another pass ... sigh

Every time a SP comes out I keep thinking this might be the one I actually buy. Then I read about it. I haven't bought a SP since the teen pack in TS2.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 1:49 AM
More often than not I don't get a stuff pack. It seems silly to pay for stuff I can get free via cc. And you can find something similar to most of it. It needs to offer something I can't get any other way.

And Movie Stuff? This one is weird to me. It seems like it would only fit a specific audience. That being story-tellers.
Page 1 of 10