Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:58 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 25th Apr 2013 at 1:04 AM.
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Dragon Valley
Welcome to Dragon Valley

______________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________

This SP is similar to:
Makin' Magic
Medieval

Furniture Style(s):
Medieval

Clothing Styles(s):
Medieval

Current Item Count:

Buy:
-Tent

-Deco Roof Trim
-Well

-Ruins Parts

Build:
-Roof

-Door
-Arch

-Tree 1
-Tree 2

-Rabbit Holes

Create-a-Sim:
Male
-Armour Top

-Kilt

-Outfit 1
-Outfit 2
-Outfit 3

Female
-Short Hair

-Bodice

-Outfit 1
-Outfit 2
-Outfit 3

-New Features
-Sims can have pet Dragons
-Sims can play Archery
-Sims have Magic

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:00 PM
Hmm, so do we get EA carriages or something with it? Because it seems kinda strange to drive a Bwan Speedster around a medieval town with dragons and whatnot :p
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:01 PM Last edited by minimogut : 17th Apr 2013 at 8:03 PM.
Yeah, I agree with Moraelin, but this may be the first stuff pack I ever get, seems ineteresting... of course, it could turn out to be crap, and the dragons might not be worth it :P

I can't believe I spelled interesting wrong also, this is a world? Where the heck did I get stuff pack from?

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:02 PM
...and now we know why Aurora skies was garbage. They put all their effort into this.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:04 PM
That's why I don't play themed worlds, unless it's contemporary or industrial age. If this world have automobiles in it, I am not buying it. Since I must own the world to have the dragons, then I will have to pass on them too. Will be sad about it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:07 PM
TBH, even the dragons give me bad memories after TS1 Makin' Magic. After bothering to hatch the dragon egg, first thing it did was torch the dog house. With the dog in it :p
Theorist
#7 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:13 PM
A definite pass. I was hoping for an Amsterdam style world that would go with the new upcoming IP but... ~~shrugs~~ EA disappoints yet again.

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
That's why I don't play themed worlds, unless it's contemporary or industrial age. If this world have automobiles in it, I am not buying it. Since I must own the world to have the dragons, then I will have to pass on them too. Will be sad about it.

Agreed. I never got why some players (and sorry if I offend anyone) love playing the theme worlds when present day stuff like cars/taxis/school buses/bikes just take away from the whole theme/vibe of it. If EA introduces stuff like this, they should also make it so that any services vehicles, NPC's and all other things conform to that type of world. If it's medieval, don't have taxis and cars show up - make sure they're carriages for the love of sims!! I can't play themed worlds because of this incongruity!! That's why its always irked me when they do this. Give the blasted world to TSM players already!!

/end rant

Again, sorry if I've offended anyone but there's my 2 simoleons on Dragon Valley.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:16 PM
I'll end up getting it simply because I'm a completionist, but tbh I really liked what I saw of DV. I hope there's a lot of medieval-esque content. I get what you're saying about traffic. My current legacy is about primitive sims living on an isolated island, so having taxies running around, and inactives popping up with cars was really annoying. Twallan's traffic mod took care of most of that though.
Scholar
#9 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:21 PM
Well, I suppose it IS possible to make your whole town witches and have them ride broomsticks.

I just filled another town from scratch with only my custom sims, must be some 70-80 of them now -- and I mean, made from scratch, none of that lazy downloading someone else's sims -- to fit my vision. Well, I did reuse exactly 7 from the previous town of 50-60 custom sims. And gave them all houses (though there's a lot of duplication there, with just different wallpaper and roofs) and unique cars.

I suppose if I really got tempted by the medieval stuff, I could fill a whole with witches and pixies riding broomsticks. I could call it Scholomance (the fabled sorcery academy where supposedly Satan himself teached.) Or download the carriages from this site and give everyone carriages.

Still, it would be nice if EA did a complete job for a change...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:21 PM
This (along with the movie pack) kind of makes me think the Time Travel pack will, in fact, be past and future...

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Well, I suppose it IS possible to make your whole town witches and have them ride broomsticks.
humans can ride brooms too, I learned the other day. Threw me for a loop.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:25 PM
Hey, if they have wild horses and raccoons in Lunar Lakes, they can have yellow cabs in Medieval Dragon Land. But now I can pass on DV, the way I wish I had passed on LL. The dragons might still end up being cute, but I really am not into the whole Medieval town thing just to get them.
Scholar
#13 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:30 PM
Well, everyone can, just for the witches it's the preferred vehicle and replaces the taxi. So I think you don't have to worry about the AI deciding to buy a Sloppy Jalopy instead. I mean I actually bought an (inactive) family of witches some FP speed-8 cars, and they were still riding broomsticks to work unless I actually went and set a preferred vehicle for each of them.

So, you know, it's kinda insurance against suspension of disbelief breaking later.

Plus, as a wannabe history fan, I know flying broomsticks were always associated with witchcraft. It would break my suspension of disbelief just as much if every non-magical human rode a broomstick to work :p
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:32 PM
If anything, let's hope they have some kind of dirt track instead of roads that allows us to have horses only; they were the chosen mode of transport back in the day - and I may actually have an excuse to use the bloody things now...
Broomstick-riding Sims sound cool too, fitting in with a Medieval witchery feel; maybe we can get away with bicycles made out of wood?

I personally was hoping for an underwater city-type world to go with IP, but if I can get my head around CAW I might try my hand at making one myself (I'll expect my laptop to blow up in the process...)

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:35 PM
Well, if they're at that, I want some horses in The Sims Medieval. If there's a game that needs horses badly, it's that one. Heck, it was the whole bloody point of being a knight back then :p
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:45 PM
I dunno, I think I'm going to need a world filled with peashooters and dancing sunflowers to go with these dragons...
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:09 PM
There has been talk on the official Sims3 forums that an archery set may be coming to the store since it won in a poll a while back. I think this would be the perfect world to have an archery set attached since all of the Gold editions of the worlds have two pieces of PC (dragon and archery).

I think fairies, witches and unicorns would fit in this world much better than they do in say Sunset Valley.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:19 PM
There's an entirely separate Sims game set in Medieval times, why do we need a Medieval world for the Sims 3? :/ So many better options they could've gone with...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:20 PM
Wait, what? I just got here and they announced two more EPs? o__O
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sauzer

Yeah really! I've been milling about the internet all day now and JUST caught whiff of this?!

I'm not so excited about this, to be honest. Dragons are cool and stuff, but I prefer them in medieval style games, like Dragon Age and Skyrim. They don't really fit in The Sims, where taxis show up all over the place and keeping a themed world requires ridiculous amounts of micromanaging.

Archery sounds cool, though, and so does the movie SP. I suppose I'll be more sold on the town once I see it.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#21 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:25 PM
I don't know that I am -completely- against this. EA does have a tendency to change my mind. I was not excited for IP either but that quickly changed. Of course, I probably won't play in that tropical world but either way. I'll wait and see on this. Hopefully another live broadcast for the world is planned and they can show us a lot more.

It IS being sold like Monte Vista, a simguru confirmed this on the official forums. Don't stock up on simpoints folks.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sauzer
After they talked about Island Paradise, they announced a new stuff pack and a new store world.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:27 PM
I must say I am kind of disappointed about the new Dragon Valley World :/
I mean, I love The Sims and I play it to create my own fantasy life etc. and i love how realistic a lot of it is, I mean i have all EPs, SPs and worlds just because I am an avid Sims player but I disliked having vampires, werewolves, witches and fairies etc in Supernatural, I kind of felt like it was a bit far-fetched for a game that many love and create our dream homes and play god with others lives...and then this with the Dragons?

Fair play to those of you who love the supernatural stuff but I just love having things kind of - realistic.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Hopefully another live broadcast for the world is planned and they can show us a lot more.

It IS being sold like Monte Vista, a simguru confirmed this on the official forums. Don't stock up on simpoints folks.
They did mention another broadcast that would cover scuba diving more.

D'oh. I figured that's what they meant when they said "cash". Oh well, I'll still buy it. It's money out of pocket, either way.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:29 PM
So no one else got a totally "Game of Thrones" feel from the trailer?
Page 1 of 26