Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#476 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I use MrHawk's Collection files from his site: http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sim...tion-files.html

He also has unlocked almost all of the hidden stencils on Store items and has other neat stuff. Most of all he's a very nice person and doesn't pick fights with other people on the official forum. Unlike others I could name. ;-)

And I agree that lewisb has some awesome stuff in her studio!

I'm having the same problem with the collection file from AZN as lewisb, but I couldn't find a Roaring Heights collection on the Simalogue... did I miss it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#477 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 11:01 AM
Nope, didn't find it either. Sometimes it takes a while before MrHawk updates.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#478 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 5:40 PM
I'm not sure if it was just a one off but I went to the future for the first time since installing RH and my restored car disappeared from the inventory during travel back home.

Also..the dad had the car in his inventory and the family attended graduation. He autonomously woohoo'd with his wife outside city hall in it, but the car was invisible, haha.
Lab Assistant
#479 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 8:56 PM
I simply cannot find the fairground lot thingy. I bought the gold version and cannot find it within my downloads nor in my lot bin in game... anyone have any ideas?

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot. I've actually bought it now, which helped.
Theorist
#480 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 3:34 AM
My question is directed to those of you who have experience in creating Festival Lots. I've dabbled, but do not consider myself experienced at it!

The Festival Lot made by SimGuruBrett that I downloaded from the Exchange is set to an "Under Construction" mode. I found the seasonal lot marker and switched it to "Common" mode. I could also select a name for the lot which was the same name, Roaring Heights Festival, only designated with either Common, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, or Under Construction. The name is set to Roaring Heights (under construction). I switched it to Roaring Heights (Common).

But when I go to edit town view, the lot is still set to "under construction". I can't figure out how to fix this. Anyone have any ideas? I may end up deleting it and placing one of the other Festival Lots from the bin, but I'd like to salvage this one if possible.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#481 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
My question is directed to those of you who have experience in creating Festival Lots. I've dabbled, but do not consider myself experienced at it!

The Festival Lot made by SimGuruBrett that I downloaded from the Exchange is set to an "Under Construction" mode. I found the seasonal lot marker and switched it to "Common" mode. I could also select a name for the lot which was the same name, Roaring Heights Festival, only designated with either Common, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, or Under Construction. The name is set to Roaring Heights (under construction). I switched it to Roaring Heights (Common).

But when I go to edit town view, the lot is still set to "under construction". I can't figure out how to fix this. Anyone have any ideas? I may end up deleting it and placing one of the other Festival Lots from the bin, but I'd like to salvage this one if possible.
The game should automatically change into the different states according to the seasons. There's always a Construction state for 1 or 2 days at the beginning of each season before the grounds turn into the appropriate seasons festival. Entering a festival lot in Edit Town will always keep the state the lot is currently in, so if you try to edit it during Construction state the lot marker will also remain in Construction state.

Common state is something that is never active as such in-game (or rather it is always active, respectively) but only in Buy/Build mode. It shows those objects that will be visible during the whole year. So, let's say that you want to add a horse trough that should be available for use during the whole year you have to switch into Common state and place it then. If you place it in Construction state, however, the trough will only be visible during those 1 or 2 Construction days and become invisible during the rest of the year. To cut a long story short, you can't change a lot into Common state and have it remain like that in Live mode.

If the RH festival lot remains in Construction mode and never changes automagically with the turn of the seasons then there's a problem with the lot. I've read at the official forums that this lot from the Exchange has not been properly tagged as "Festival Grounds" in Edit Town. This may be the reason why it doesn't properly change if that is the problem that you encounter.
Forum Resident
#482 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 3:42 PM
So there is a Bonnie in the game, and she and Clyde are dating when it starts. My NRAAS Story Progression mod had them get married and have kids, but then broke them up. That really upset me for some reason, so I actually used Master Controller to get them back together and turned off the ability for them to break up in the future.

Also, the Fred Astaire Sim asked my Sim out, but he's married to the Ginger Rogers Sim. Awkward.
Theorist
#483 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 4:42 PM
Thanks Babelle44, good info to know. I did change the lot to a festival so will see what happens when I actually play the game.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#484 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 12:56 AM
OMG, where do the lot builders learn to create improper bathrooms. Watch out for them on some of the lots, they are unrouteable. Ugh. Might be a cause of lag or Overwatch has to remove the stuck sims.

I am still building and editing the world. Just finished a junkyard/garage. Have to playtest and see if it works. The starter lot is small and I need a place for my sim to build his first car.

Starting to combine Showtime and other venues. First tackle is the library since it can combine as a coffeehouse venue. That place is pitiful.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#485 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 5:25 AM
In defense of the library, given the spareness of the venue and the overall palette + materials used, it looks like the interior is under construction or the place is being renovated. Regardless of the lots state or what they wanted it to be or look like, it's still pretty bare. At least the outside looks pretty good. While it's easy to tell that some of the lots had a piece stacked on top of a normal building, the library does not.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#486 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:13 AM
Yeah, I was talking about the interior and thinking about the simmers that may not edit lots before playing. The exterior is gorgeous but WTF on the interior? I mean at least put the things needed for a library in it. Well, I am on the redesign part and even though I skipped the top floor it is still a daunting task. Going back in the game to finish it but my poor computer needed a break.

Forum Resident
#487 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 9:07 PM
What?? You want them to put library things in... *gasp* the LIBRARY???? Now really, when was the last time they actually did that? I sure can't remember.
I'm used to having to edit every EA library that they throw us. It would be nice if they'd made more than a couple of bookcases usable for skilling anyway. Mind you, I haven't gotten RH or seen this so-called library yet what with it being Xmas time and all - can't afford it until after all the presents for family are paid off. XP
Do they even have a skilling bookshelf in there?
Mad Poster
#488 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 9:12 PM Last edited by lewisb40 : 23rd Dec 2013 at 10:49 PM.
Yeah, a couple of them on the 3rd floor but I rearranged everything and added the skill bookcases. I haven't really built or edited a library in a long time, haven't played a bookworm for a while and don't know if those bookcases added with a patch some time ago are for skilling? Anyway, I will take a picture and show you when I get in the game.

EDITED: Adding photo of the bookcase

Forum Resident
#489 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 8:16 AM
Anyone know why this world would have a crazy amount of cars being removed by Overwatch? I've only played a few in-game days and I've twice seen Overwatch remove 10,000+ vehicles. The game runs really slow until it removes them, then it will be fine for awhile, then it happens again. Is there anything I can do to prevent that many cars from being stuck? There also seems to be a lot of stuck sims being reset by Overwatch as well. I'm guessing there's issues with the routing in RH?
Forum Resident
#490 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 5:25 PM Last edited by lakme : 28th Dec 2013 at 6:18 PM.
Is anyone else having problems with Sims going to work for careers that require the criminal rabbithole (Clyde's Hideout)? My Sims just stand outside the work building and look confused, so they don't advance in their career at all or receive money. When I click for them to go to work, it says that it isn't their work hours and to try again in 23 hours. This happens for both the art appraiser and criminal careers.

Thanks!

Edit: N/m, it works when I have the Sim "go to work" through Master Controller. Oh nraas, is there anything you *can't* do?
Lab Assistant
#491 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 6:44 PM
Roaring Heights is pretty cool but i prefer normal worlds like Sunset Valley and Riverview to be my hometown and Sunlit tides as second home where my sims can relax and enjoy life.. But since ST have many less attractive houses, i'll probably replace some of them with RH mansions .

formerly known as DollyL
Test Subject
#492 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 8:56 AM
problem with the saves of this world
i have a problem with this town, always when my game open this worl, the error tap mod says this error message

i can play but when save the game, and exit the game when put the game, the saves of this world dont appear in the main menu of the game, the archive is in saves but dont appear on my game, why?

of course, i uninstall the town (and appear the message "This file has been uninstalled") but when re-install the game said me that "this file is already installed"

somebody know how solved it?

thanks and sorry for my bad english
Top Secret Researcher
#493 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sim_vader-kal_el
i have a problem with this town, always when my game open this worl, the error tap mod says this error message

i can play but when save the game, and exit the game when put the game, the saves of this world dont appear in the main menu of the game, the archive is in saves but dont appear on my game, why?

of course, i uninstall the town (and appear the message "This file has been uninstalled") but when re-install the game said me that "this file is already installed"

somebody know how solved it?

thanks and sorry for my bad english

I do not have this world installed on my game but I can see the problem. I would recommend looking at the game files to see if the file for the world is and if it is either delete it or move it out. If the world is not your in your installation and you have saves that have it in, they will not appear in game until you install the world, same things happen in sims 2 where a hood has items from a stuff pack which is unistalled but when you re-install it, then it will appear. If you can, get the sims you want out of the save, you may not be able to play on the world but you'll still be able to with the sims. I hope this has helped.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Page 20 of 20