Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Blur In The Distance (DoF) (Updated V3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 5th Sep 2014 at 1:27 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2014 at 11:23 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated mod files

202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 106 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:10 PM
it might sound like a silly question, but do I need to unzip this?
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sakura_drop_
it might sound like a silly question, but do I need to unzip this?

Yes you unzip it.

"Unzip the file somewhere and place the .package file in the Mods folder (or a subfolder)..."

• Watch my Sims 4 Speed Builds & Let's Plays on YouTube.
  • Chat with me on Twitter. :)
Test Subject
#178 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frimlin
Yes you unzip it.

"Unzip the file somewhere and place the .package file in the Mods folder (or a subfolder)..."

thank you, must have skimmed too fast and missed it
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sakura_drop_
thank you, must have skimmed too fast and missed it

You're welcome. It's easy to miss!

• Watch my Sims 4 Speed Builds & Let's Plays on YouTube.
  • Chat with me on Twitter. :)
Field Researcher
#180 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:25 PM
Doesn't work properly with Seasons EP

eeemhh....
Follow me on tumblr:
http://thesimguys.tumblr.com/
Forum Resident
#181 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rocco182
Doesn't work properly with Seasons EP

Hi @Rocco182 ,which world did you test it in? It looks fine to me...so far...we'll see how it looks when Seasons arrives...
Field Researcher
#182 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Hi @Rocco182 ,which world did you test it in? It looks fine to me...so far...we'll see how it looks when Seasons arrives...

Willow Creek in Summer, the night was darker than normal, when I removed the mod it went back to a lighter night.

https://imgur.com/sCZmNQz

eeemhh....
Follow me on tumblr:
http://thesimguys.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#183 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rocco182
Willow Creek in Summer, the night was darker than normal, when I removed the mod it went back to a lighter night.

https://imgur.com/sCZmNQz

Does it work or not?
Test Subject
#184 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:10 PM
After the latest patch (I think or its the seasons EP) trees and some bushes in Sylvan Glades are 2D.
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 6:06 PM
Can someone please take this mod over and update it?
I hope someone can update it and maybe enhanced it, by disabling the glowing bloom.
The volumetric sun rays are the best effect in the game, the rest are just overkill.
Test Subject
#186 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 12:29 AM
I definitely do not want to make the lack of this mod someone to update or to help me update it I have very little experience in modding but I absolutely want to get back this mods pleaaaaase (sorry for my bad english I'm just a little frenchy desperate to have the impression to look without glasses #overmuchblur)
Field Researcher
#187 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 11:51 AM
Hey guys! Newbie modder here. I took a look at this mod and it seems to be working fine. The files show no important changes from the last time he updated till now.

I also tried to test some of the issues people were reporting (with the regular blur removal). Tab camera works fine, Willow Creek during the Summer at night with and without the mod had no changes in lighting, and I also tested Sylvan glade which had no changes either. If you are still experiencing one of those issues it may be due to a conflicting mod instead, not clearing the localthumbcache, or something else. So, unless someone has another bug or issue to report that I can possibly replicate, I'm gonna have to say this mod works fine for patch 1.50.67.1020.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#188 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:38 PM
Thanks for doing this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#189 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 12:18 PM
This mod, right here is amazing!

I wish I discovered this one earlier. When I turn on post processing effects, the game has a lot of blur in the background and it just makes it look really bad imo. Especially when you have the sky as a background behind Sims or trees. It gives it a weird blur around it that looks bad.
Turning off Post Processing fixes this issue completely, however it also gets rid of nice things such as the nice sunrays. This mod gets rid of the blur but keeps the nice sunray effect.

Thank you.
Field Researcher
#190 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 8:23 AM
Compatible with patch 1.51.77.1020. Let me know if you encounter any issues.
Test Subject
#191 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Compatible with patch 1.51.77.1020. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

I'm having trouble, after I took the mod out my game loaded, it was just white screen with it in there. But didn't EA change the game itself, so modders had to update their creations to their version? The only files there say it was uploaded in 2014, 5 years ago. All my mods work great, I don't use the world changers or anything like that. Is there another link?
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:46 PM Last edited by scarletqueenkat : 19th Jun 2019 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Compatible for Patch 1.52.100
Mod Update
Quote: Originally posted by thesimslover828
I'm having trouble, after I took the mod out my game loaded, it was just white screen with it in there. But didn't EA change the game itself, so modders had to update their creations to their version? The only files there say it was uploaded in 2014, 5 years ago. All my mods work great, I don't use the world changers or anything like that. Is there another link?

@thesimslover828
I didn't have an issue with a white screen when I tested this version in my game. Also, that change was for script mods, which this mod is not. However, I did compare the resources the only change in it besides what Shimrod changed was the version number and the heading in the xml. I updated it just in case, so let me know if my version works for you.

This version is Compatible for Patch 1.52.100
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Scarlet_Shimrod_NoDistanceBlur.zip (1.1 KB, 1077 downloads)

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
Scarlet's Realm - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Test Subject
#193 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletqueenkat
@thesimslover828
I didn't have an issue with a white screen when I tested this version in my game. Also, that change was for script mods, which this mod is not. However, I did compare the resources the only change in it besides what Shimrod changed was the version number and the heading in the xml. I updated it just in case, so let me know if my version works for you.

Yep it works great, thanks. The game loaded right up, such a great idea. Thank you and Shimrod, ya'll rock!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#194 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 12:18 AM
Thank you very much Scarlet
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 7:33 PM Last edited by scarletqueenkat : 13th Aug 2019 at 4:17 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Default Future updates will be posted on my site
Hey everyone, until Shimrod returns (if he does) and wants to support this mod again, I'll be keeping it updated here . It's easier for me to keep everything in one place.

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
Scarlet's Realm - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Instructor
#196 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 8:24 AM
Scarlet's Mods
As she has mentioned above, the current updated version is on her website. No Blur in Distance by Scarlet

All of Scarlet's mods can be found here: Scarlet's Mods

Thank you Scarlet!
Test Subject
#197 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 4:03 PM
Scarlet has retired from modding, it is now maintained by MizoreYukii! https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-no-blur-in-48521320
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 3:45 PM
Has this been updated since the latest patch?
Test Subject
#199 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yavannah

it says in the download section that it hasn't been updated since 2014... 😳
Test Subject
#200 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yavannah

this is the most recently updated version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-no-blur-in-48521320
Page 8 of 9