Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 2:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Two saves crash constantly, others don't
I started a save in the world from Island Paradise, and I'm trying to set one up in Dragon Valley. Both of these crash after just a few minutes of being open (and taking 20+ minutes to open!). But my saves in Barnacle Bay and Sunset Valley don't crash. I'm using the same expansions and same CC in both, and in DV I haven't even selected a house yet! So please help me out.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 5:46 AM
Guys? Anybody? I do need help and my BB save is the one I stream from so I really kinda need to get back to it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 11:56 AM
Did you delete your caches (world caches included)? Try lowering your graphics settings to see if it's a graphics issue.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 12:54 AM
I delete my caches on a regular basis. And why would graphics settings cause it to crash?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 11:10 AM Last edited by simsample : 3rd Sep 2020 at 11:31 AM.
Because if you have your graphics settings on very high, it will raise the size of cached textures and working memory. The fact that you can get Barnacle Bay and Sunset Valley working, both worlds which have no lighting overrides or special effects, tells me that perhaps this is a performance issue and that your computer is having trouble finding enough resources to play the more complex worlds. Lowering the graphics would free up some computer resources, and is a good first step to troubleshoot.

Edit: I also remembered something else, cleaning your save files might reduce their size and help to make them playable again. Make a backup first!
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1532/
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 6:43 AM
Reduce their size? One of them I JUST started and the Dragon Valley one I'm still setting up! How big can those files BE then?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 11:39 AM
Oh, so they are new saves? If your game is taking 20 mins to load a new save then I'd say you have problems elsewhere. Does the game work with reduced CC, so for example can you play Dragon Valley with only that installed? You just have to eliminate problems one by one, so test with no CC, test with reduced graphics,and so on.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 9:38 PM
That's a pretty standard load time for me.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 10:24 PM
Well okay, if you aren't prepared to change anything about your setup and you're happy with a 20 min startup then I can't really suggest anything else, the only way to find what the problem is would be to change some things and see what works.
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
Game Help:Sims 3 Crashing Checklistwiki
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 2:09 AM
...can do without the attitude. I never said that I was happy with it, or that I wasn't prepared to change anything. Where are you pulling that from?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 8:08 AM
That's not an attitude- that's just the logical conclusion from your responses. I've suggested some steps to take, you've questioned each of them without giving any feedback as to if they worked or not, so I've linked you to the help articles that might give you some further information.

If you want people to help you, perhaps you should offer more detail as to your problems, including the results of the steps you are asked to take before posting here, and give some sort of response to indicate what happened when you tried what people are suggesting.

I can do without your attitude too, but I'm far too polite to mention it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:23 PM
It's unusually long but that's normal for me. I'm not sure how those statements contradict each other. I said it was normal *for me*, not that it was normal or good or anything of the sort. As for BB, yes it works NOW but who knows what will happen next, and if it crashes during a stream, that's a stream wasted because it takes forever to get it back. It also takes forever to do much of anything.

About the debug steps, I just did all of that a few months ago. It was so tedious and if this problem KEEPS HAPPENING regardless then why do I even bother? All my mods were clean then and they SHOULD all be clean now! But somehow they're not!

I never once took any frustration out on anyone here. I have no idea where you're pulling that from.