Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 1:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default All current interactions of my active household are reset every time I load my saved game after starting up The Sims 3
This has started occurring rather recently, and I presume that it might be being caused by NRaas' Master Controller mod. But all current interactions of my active household are reset every time I load my saved game after starting up The Sims 3. I am finding it very annoying, and long to find the source of the problem.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 1:08 AM
I use "Save As".
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 2:54 AM
NRaas MasterController does not reset sims or cancel actions left over from a prior session. It has nothing to do with sim behavior, MC is a player command center.

Are we talking about sims out on the world lot or on their way across it with routing instructions like Go To Lot (Work, School, go shopping, etc.) getting canceled and left standing where they last were? The mod that has a reputation for doing that is NRaas GoHere.

Or are we talking about full resets where the sims pop out of bed, off the couch, away from the backyard garden (etc.), out of a work/school rabbithole where they last were doing something and all end up crowded around their front door or wherever the lot's safe spot is with all of their motives reset? If it's like that, then that is not expected behavior with any NRaas mod and something is not working right, possibly with a mod from another source.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 3:25 AM
They are standing where they last were. But the current interactions are cancelled.

Adding on to my previous message:

I just hit "Save As". I always do "Save As" because another user told me that it was better to do this than doing "Save". This method has certain benefits such as backing up your game, reducing the chances of bloating while saving which results in a corrupt save, and if the game crashes halfway through saving, it doesn't corrupt the save.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
They are standing where they last were. But the current interactions are cancelled.

All interactions and activities, even if they do not involve routing? Like eating, sleeping, watching TV, painting, sitting in a chair and reading a book all already in progress at the time of the save?

Again, not expected behavior. Perhaps try a couple of test sessions and test saves, call them Test 1a, 1b, etc. or something like that so as not to mix them up with your actual gameplay saves, with all mods removed except for NRaas (and except for AwesomeMod, if you happen to use that) and the scriptCache cleared to see if issue on startup persists. If it doesn't, then you know it is due to something or some combination of things that you just removed.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
All interactions and activities, even if they do not involve routing? Like eating, sleeping, watching TV, painting, sitting in a chair and reading a book all already in progress at the time of the save?

Again, not expected behavior. Perhaps try a couple of test sessions and test saves, call them Test 1a, 1b, etc. or something like that so as not to mix them up with your actual gameplay saves, with all mods removed except for NRaas (and except for AwesomeMod, if you happen to use that) and the scriptCache cleared to see if issue on startup persists. If it doesn't, then you know it is due to something or some combination of things that you just removed.

Pretty much, yes.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 5:45 AM
There are some interactions that don't get cancelled. Such as interacting with other Sims.