Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

One More Slot Please! (with vertical shifting) [Update 2 Nov 2011]

by granthes Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2012 at 5:37 PM by granthes : Updated link to Tipsy OMSP

407 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 192 Feedback Posts, 214 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 17
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
I also think there are some issues with different languages. My game is in Brazilian Portuguese, and even though the mod works perfectly and flawlessly, the menus have no texts. Thank goodness there's this handy menu screenshot you've posted :D

Thanks for the heads-up on this issue... When I built the mod the last time before uploading, I missed a step...

I have uploaded an updated version of the OMSP with all languages enabled. The text itself is in English, but at least it will show the menu's

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#27 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:22 PM
Thank you very much Granthes, very useful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 7:07 PM
Thanks! This is the only OMSP that's worked for me... you're awesome.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#29 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 10:39 PM
Thanks for this useful object!
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 3:30 AM
I'm having some interesting issues with this. When I shift the OMSP sometimes it will randomly disappear when I grab it and try and move it somewhere else. Its not below floor level or above ceiling so I don't know why it does that. The object is still there in some sense I notice. Like if it is a light and I move the table it was on the light will move but I just can't see the light object itself anymore.... if that made any sense.
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RepulsiveDesire
I'm having some interesting issues with this. When I shift the OMSP sometimes it will randomly disappear when I grab it and try and move it somewhere else. Its not below floor level or above ceiling so I don't know why it does that. The object is still there in some sense I notice. Like if it is a light and I move the table it was on the light will move but I just can't see the light object itself anymore.... if that made any sense.

From what I'm reading here, it almost sounds like you've placed the OMSP on a table, in the placement slot of the table. Is this the case?

Is this happening immediately, or when you go back to play mode?

One other thing to watch for, the OMSP will jump away from the cursor when you grab it. The game thinks it is still at ground level so it calculates the move position awkwardly... You might zoom out a ways and make sure it isn't just jumping out of your view...

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 9:23 PM
You're a genius! Thanks so much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 2:23 AM
I am loving this! Thank you!
Test Subject
#34 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 4:54 PM
I can't open the menu. I did everything suggested in the comments, but it just won't work. Is it because I have all the expansion packs? Maybe one of them is interfering...? *Sadness*
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe hobo
I can't open the menu. I did everything suggested in the comments, but it just won't work. Is it because I have all the expansion packs? Maybe one of them is interfering...? *Sadness*

The menu's only work in buy mode when you hold both the control and shift keys and click on the object. Your mouse cursor should change to a gear when you have the control and shift keys held down and you point at the OMSP.

If this still doesn't work, let me know both of these things:

1) Do the menu's show up blank or do they not show up at all?

2) What language of the game do you have?

Thanks,
Grant.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 3:26 PM
I'm really loving this OMSP, it's incredibly useful and a genius idea. I'm having an issue with it though. I'm able to place it and change heights in buy mode, it'll disappear in live mode, but when I leave the house or exit the game I'm seeing the OMSP in live mode when I return to the house. I was having this same issue with the disappearing OMSP/OE/OR with the vanishing script mod as well. I have no clue what could be causing this.
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 12:12 AM
most awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 6:38 PM
I have to say- this little thing is a real game changer from a decoration perspective. This and Orangemitten's movable shelves have made my collections more presentable. Very excellent work!
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 2:09 AM
The OMSP can't work.My game language is zh-tw.Will you repair it?It's so useful. I really really want it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 4:18 AM
I have everything but WA and HELS - all patched. I only get "clone" when I cntrl/shft/clck - no other menu. English language. I do use Awesome Mod and Twallan's super computer and story progression mods.
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah79936
I have everything but WA and HELS - all patched. I only get "clone" when I cntrl/shft/clck - no other menu. English language. I do use Awesome Mod and Twallan's super computer and story progression mods.

I'm beginning to suspect that WA is required for this. I'll be doing more testing to try and isolate the problem.

I just set up a test machine that is base game only and will try there soon.

I'll update the description as soon as I know...

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#42 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 7:03 PM
This does work in a base game with patch 1.18, and you don't need testingcheatsenabled to access the menu. I would recommend anyone with the missing test for conflicts with other mods/cc by having just this object in your mods folder.
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:22 PM
Hi, I'm Spanish and I may not understand well but I love this building is amazing I love but I get the menu so I can not use.

Idk if it has to do with that I have all expansions and a mod sliders hope it fixed.

Thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
I'm beginning to suspect that WA is required for this. I'll be doing more testing to try and isolate the problem.

I just set up a test machine that is base game only and will try there soon.

I'll update the description as soon as I know...

Testing does indicate that this works correctly in any combination of Base Game only, or Base Game plus EPs and SPs.

If you aren't getting anything other than the clone menu, I suspect that there is a conflicting mod involved.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 1:07 AM
this is amazing!! Thank you bunches. (:
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#46 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 4:44 PM
OMG, yay, I can put a laptop on a counter, finally. Thank you! Congrats on the feature, you earned it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#47 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 3:17 AM
Thank you very much for making this! I just downloaded it and am about to test it in my game. I have all of the expansions so far. *crosses fingers*
You're awesome, granthes!
Test Subject
#48 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 8:22 AM
I'm having the same problems of some of the others that have posted, I do not get a menu if I try I get a grayed mouse cursor. I have tried removing all content but the OMSP but it still does not work, my game is completely patched and I am only missing WA and FL. I am running the game in English, the menus do not show up at all, and I am on Mac OSX. I hope to use it in the future it looks great!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:48 PM
I downloaded this promising omsp yesterday and played around with it for a little while. There must have been a bug in time because I know it can't be possible to do that for more than 12 hours! So this is the one and only bug I have to report to you! But the omsp itself - it works like a charm! I'm totally happy! Fridges, fireplaces, any height - no problem at all. The menu shows up perfectly well, it show the German "mehr" instead of "more" and the commands are in English, but so easy! I see, you love this baby of yours, too, why else did you give the option to name it? In reverence for its creator mine answers to the name of Granthes now!
My Granthes is absolutely amazing and I already love him a lot. Just wanted to let you know - I'll take good care of him!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#50 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:45 PM
booo38 - This does work on OS X with patch 1.18. Verify that your framework is setup in the Users/Documents/EA Games folder and not in the transgaming folder. CC needs to be in the users documents folder and not program files otherwise it may perform oddly or not at all.

Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Fileswiki
Page 2 of 17