Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(WIP) A.I. Upscaled Food

by Cowplant's Cake Posted 1st Dec 2020 at 1:25 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2022 at 12:32 AM by Cowplant's Cake : Update 4 (Just updated progress)

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 2:41 AM
How to extract the parts? I'm using 7zip and I'm extracting to the same folder all at once but I get errors
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Cowplant's Cake : 1st Dec 2020 at 1:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
How to extract the parts? I'm using 7zip and I'm extracting to the same folder all at once but I get errors

Usually I just select all and click extract, but you can extract the first part and keep selecting the next one as he ask for it. Just make sure you are extracting the same, like all 3 separated parts together.

(And sorry that I accidentally changed your post to 'thanks')

Update: Now I understand what are you talking about and added a help in the downloads section.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 4:06 AM
Thank you so much. I was hoping someone would one day take on this daunting task as the alternative food texture overrides were too alpha for me.
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 12:14 PM
After unpacking both merged files, I can't start the game, I'm getting error that this file (ai upscaled food) is corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
After unpacking both merged files, I can't start the game, I'm getting error that this file (ai upscaled food) is corrupted.

Just downloaded and tested, it's all working. Try downloading again or updating your 7zip/winrar
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 4:59 PM
my 7zip is correctly updated, I have tried downloading the file multiple times, and yet I still have similar errors as reported by others. I'm downloading the merged file. I don't usually have problems with archives and have downloaded multi-part files from MTS in the past.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:49 PM Last edited by Cowplant's Cake : 1st Dec 2020 at 6:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cows
my 7zip is correctly updated, I have tried downloading the file multiple times, and yet I still have similar errors as reported by others. I'm downloading the merged file. I don't usually have problems with archives and have downloaded multi-part files from MTS in the past.

The mod was compressed with winrar, maybe it's a program incompatibility? I'll try to replace the downloads with one done by 7zip.
Edit: 7zip only compress .zip and the site don't accept mult parts in .zip, so...
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:51 PM
I've downloaded and extracted several things today, but this is the only one that has given me problems. Both the merged and the separated versions have something wrong with them that keep giving me errors, so I am unable to confidently install the mod. Which is a shame because I REALLY want this kind of mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 6:37 PM
Added a whole new tutorial for it in "multi part downloads" in the files tab.
Make sure you are following it before commenting about how it don't work. It IS working, tested with WinRAR and 7zip, the problem is this site that keeps changing the file names and the 7zip that can't extract two parts with different names.

If it still didn't work, I will just remove the mod from this site, since he can't handle big files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 6:53 PM
WOW! This looks amazing!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cowplant's Cake
Usually I just select all and click extract, but you can extract the first part and keep selecting the next one as he ask for it. Just make sure you are extracting the same, like all 3 separated parts together.

(And sorry that I accidentally changed your post to 'thanks')

Update: Now I understand what are you talking about and added a help in the downloads section.

Yup, the file name being different is the issue. I should had known. Currently started the game without Snowy and no problems so far.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:32 PM
I got it to work now. Just from the previews one can see the difference, but seeing it in game is really wonderful. The SE foods especially looked so terrible before, and now everything is so crisp! I hope you can manage to finish all the other food. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cows
I got it to work now. Just from the previews one can see the difference, but seeing it in game is really wonderful. The SE foods especially looked so terrible before, and now everything is so crisp! I hope you can manage to finish all the other food. Thank you for sharing.

Here a little easter egg: all drinks in that pack are readable, but in a simlish font.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 10:17 PM
This is cool. What program are you using to upscale?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 10:41 PM
I love those new textures thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adamoadam
This is cool. What program are you using to upscale?

I use Topaz AI, but I'm searching for one more for cartoons, since he left way too much artifacts and it's really annoying to fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 10:54 PM
It was confusing at first, but when I came back to the instruction, I realised I only have to delete all the MTS filename stuff and leave {allipscaledfood} as a filename. If you are confused like me, go read it once again to make sure
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 11:20 PM Last edited by sw33ti3 : 2nd Dec 2020 at 6:55 PM.
i cant seem to download this i have zip rar i keep getting error while downloading message i tried to put it in a zip file but its not working for me. i changed the name as well I dont know what im doing I was wondering if you was on any other site or if you had your own page that i can download this from if not Thank You wish i could use your work LUVVV IT.... THANKS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 1:42 AM
It looks so much better! I hate how so many things in the game are so blurry and low resolution even on the highest settings. I can't imagine how nice the game would look if everything was scaled up like this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 4:14 AM Last edited by Cowplant's Cake : 20th Dec 2020 at 4:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MagickDog
It looks so much better! I hate how so many things in the game are so blurry and low resolution even on the highest settings. I can't imagine how nice the game would look if everything was scaled up like this.

Most part of the blurry things are small and don't make that much difference since the game actually cut down the resolution constantly to save your pc resources (it's a quite commom way) and with that, at the usual camera distance you don't see much difference (sometimes they go too far tho) but it's one of the reasons why the game runs so well, it's bad when you look close for photos or something, but in general would just cause a big slow down.
Although I don't agree with it on foods...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:02 PM
What an immense task you have taken on and what wonderful results it is producing!
While personally I don't play the game close enough for this to make a difference to my gameplay, I will most certainly be getting the fix for the ambrosia.
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:30 PM
Yay thank you for this! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 9:26 AM
Thank you so much! I found the Snowy Escape food textures to be so disappointing!
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 6:27 AM
I keep getting errors when trying to extract. Read the instructions and followed the directions still no luck.
Page 1 of 3