Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Bunk Bed

by Miche Posted 29th Jan 2005 at 1:33 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2008 at 4:56 AM by whitesiren

235 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 225 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Test Subject
#51 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 7:19 PM
ithink its great that you made these thank you
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#52 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 11:02 PM Last edited by daysies : 30th Jan 2005 at 11:07 PM.
i'm putting in the bed as i type this, and it seems to be working for me. the only problem is trying to recolor it. i can get the options, but the icons show barely a corner of the recolor. i don't think it's because of the object; i think it's now Maxis creates the thumbnail for it. just wanted to point that out to you. otherwise, it's great!

edit:
i finally got someone to relax on the top bunk and she looked like she was going to relax on the bottom bunk and then all of a sudden, she just popped up to the top bunk. sweet!!!
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
i'm putting in the bed as i type this, and it seems to be working for me. the only problem is trying to recolor it. i can get the options, but the icons show barely a corner of the recolor. i don't think it's because of the object; i think it's now Maxis creates the thumbnail for it. just wanted to point that out to you. otherwise, it's great!

edit:
i finally got someone to relax on the top bunk and she looked like she was going to relax on the bottom bunk and then all of a sudden, she just popped up to the top bunk. sweet!!!

The icons don`t show much of the object, because it is rasied off the ground, the view the game uses to create the icons is at ground level, so with this bed , you end up just seeing mostly the legs.
Test Subject
#54 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:01 AM
the bunk beds made my game crash when i clicked it to place it somewhere. im upset i really wanna use it. lol
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#55 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 5:11 AM
they also look funny when they sleep on the top bunk. i think that was mentioned before. it's like Maxis didn't really complete how their bodies would look if the sheets were removed/transparent. no biggie. it's just funny to look at.
Test Subject
#56 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 5:24 AM
i love this thanks. it works great and it didnt crash again. also, i was able to put the top bunk any where, over any bed and even in mid air.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#57 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 8:11 AM
Miche, I'd be very happy to look into fetching the semi-global BHAVs into the the bunk bed and have them run from there so they could be individualised if you'd like me to?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 1:44 PM
well since it's an asked question; I love the bunkbed but since I like the game animations and playing a lot too, I'd rather wait for new animations before downloading it.

I don't mean anything bad by this, please no offense or anything, I really do love it and the idea of bunkbeds I'll be checking back everyday for improvements
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 2:26 PM
I'm extreeeemely anal about the quality of my Sims objects, but despite the odd animations, I think this bed's a keeper. When space is tight, this bed saves the day!

Stephen
Field Researcher
#60 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 9:53 PM
thank u!! cool
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Miche : 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
they also look funny when they sleep on the top bunk. i think that was mentioned before. it's like Maxis didn't really complete how their bodies would look if the sheets were removed/transparent. no biggie. it's just funny to look at.

Well actually the way maxis has it , is the sims sink into the bed and sleep then the covers go over the top, but as the covers aren`t working on this bed (hopefully they will in a future version) I had to change the position in which the sims sleep to at least look like they are laying on the bed and not in, the only problem is by changing this sleeping position, it also changes the relaxing positions.

So it`s a fine line between the sims not looking like they are sleep in the bed and not looking like they are floating above the bed when they relax.

On the topic of animations.
Our work on decoding/making animations is going quicker than I thought it would, so it may not be too long (it will still be messured in weeks not days) before a version with completely new animations is ready. I can already make new animations for objects (like move/rotate objects or parts of them around) so we now just have to work on being able to animate the sims themselves.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#62 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miche
Well actually the way maxis has it , is the sims sink into the bed and sleep then the covers go over the top, but as the covers aren`t working on this bed (hopefully they will in a future version) I had to change the position in which the sims sleep to at least look like they are laying on the bed and not in, the only problem is by changing this sleeping position, it also changes the relaxing positions.

So it`s a fine line between the sims not looking like they are sleep in the bed and not looking like they are floating above the bed when they relax.

Oh, I'm not complaining. I am just amazed you could actually get them on the top bunk! When they relax on the top bunk, they do look like they're leaning on nothing at all.

Quote: Originally posted by Miche
On the topic of animations.
Our work on decoding/making animations is going quicker than I thought it would, so it may not be too long (it will still be messed in weeks not days) before a version with completely new animations is ready. I can already make new animations for objects (like move/rotate objects or parts of them around) so we now just have to work on being able to animate the sims themselves.

I really can't wait for that! Your work is greatly appreciated by all! :D

DDO
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 1:53 AM
Too cool!!! I've gotta try this out!!!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Elizabeth46 : 1st Feb 2005 at 2:22 AM.
Miche, I was going to try your bed, but it disapeared!! after the download I looked at it and it was there with the other beds but when I went back a little while later to use it it said "no pic" you could still buy it but it is invisible..I tried to delete it from the folder but it wouldn't delete... what is wrong? I read through the other posts to see if anyone else had problems with it but I seem to be the only one so far...

Edit: btw I have version 1
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elizabeth46
Miche, I was going to try your bed, but it disapeared!! after the download I looked at it and it was there with the other beds but when I went back a little while later to use it it said "no pic" you could still buy it but it is invisible..I tried to delete it from the folder but it wouldn't delete... what is wrong? I read through the other posts to see if anyone else had problems with it but I seem to be the only one so far...

Edit: btw I have version 1

I had a similar problem earlier, where it showed up in the catalog with 'no pic' and when i tried to place it the bed was invisible. I found that updating the CEP pack fixed this. (I also re-downloaded the bunk bed, just for good measure too )
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 2:26 AM
:howdy: I tried the bed and I love it. An unmentioned bonus though is you can place a desk under it and your sims can still use both the desk (and anything on it) and the bed. Can you extend the legs to the floor without it messing anything up though?

rsn
"The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin."
– Mark Twain
#67 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 7:32 AM
Ok well I did make a start on localising the global BHAVs but I will stop, because it would not be productive to have two beds developing in parallel. I will remain on standby, so do ask me if there is anything you think I can do to help.
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:06 AM Last edited by Miche : 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Ok well I did make a start on localising the global BHAVs but I will stop, because it would not be productive to have two beds developing in parallel. I will remain on standby, so do ask me if there is anything you think I can do to help.

Is someone else making a bunk bed ?

Or do you mean , you thought I was doing changes?
I Thought you were localising the global BHAVS , I haven`t done anything about them. The only thing I`ve done in the last few days to this is look at editing the current animation which is used. But the global BHAV`s do need to be localised before anything really could be done.
#69 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:45 AM
Oh ok, I misunderstood I thought you were doing this work actually *on* the bed. It would have been difficult to merge the two versions if so.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:45 AM
Well, it looks like no one is having the same problem that I'm having with this object.

First, I want to say that I absolutely love this object. I don't mind the animations at all, in fact I think they're amusing.

But... I'm having a problem with beddings.

This object caused the 18 default Maxis beddings to become duplicated for all beds. What I mean by duplicated is that exact copies of the default beddings showed up for all beds, but with a custom content icon. The bunk bed also had them.

I removed all custom content to make sure it really was this object. It was. When I deleted the object from within the game's catalog, all the duplicated beddings disappeared with it. I also tried both versions of the object. My game is not patched. I do have CEP installed (latest version). The CEP file was the only one in my Downloads folder when I tested this object.

Does anyone know how I might fix this problem? If I'm the only one having this problem, I wonder why? I looked at the file, but didn't see what might be wrong with it. I'm kind of scratching my head about why this hasn't happened to anyone else who has tested this object! :confused:

I'm attaching a picture of the problem. It shows the catalog for one of the beds.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#71 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 4:08 PM
Whoa.. guess who hasn't been on for ages? O_O

Thank you so much! I've probably missed something important to read about it, but I'll check back later anyhow.. :P
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 2:44 PM
:wave: Emlnyra, thank you I updated the CEP pack and put the bunkbed back in and worked like a charm..thank you so much for telling me, now I can use the bunk beds... :elephant: :monocle:
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 3:20 PM
Great object for the kids room and/or space limited homes. Thanks!
#74 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 3:22 PM
Just to let you know how I am getting on, I am gradually working my way through relinking the BHAVs to be local but there are tons of them, and the jobs just about tedious enough for me to only want to do about an hour at a time, so it's slowish.
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#75 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 3:25 PM
Thanks for doing that , but there`s no rush, I`m not going to be ready to change the animations for a while yet.
Page 3 of 10