Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11026 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:08 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
You know annoys me, Volvenom? Comments like these will pop up, and it's almost like you'll ignore all of the positive commentary to focus on the negative. Instead of complaining (doing exactly what you're criticizing people of), add positive commentary. Get people talking about something you like instead of complaining about complainers. If there's something you really like, share it. You are allowed to do that. Do so passionately.

You made a mess for no reason.

This^^^^.... I really don't get the whole "I'm gonna complain this forum has a lot of negativity, but will not try to change it by contributing with positive feedback because of reasons".

If you want to bring and encourage positive vibe here, why not just share and shows us that there good stuff in this game and the expansion pack is wellrounded and polished by sharing counterarguments or just simply expressed what features you like and aren't bothered by? Complaining that this place is too toxic, without doing your part to change it, is just... dunno how to put it - pointless and lazyness I'd say.

The whole point of the forum is to have discussion. Not just be silent about X because it will hurt someones feelings over a digital problem and talk only about Y (the great features/additions about the game) which will leave the MTS's TS4 board nothing but endless praise with no criticism and cons input, which (to be frank) will make conversation boring if we like shinned off the bad aspects of the game and only talk everything that's great in the game.

Negativity is even present in previous game boards of this forum: there are threads in TS3 how Maxis badly optimized open world engine and left us with bloating problems, TS2 how they carelessly coded the game where doing anything can corrupt the saves and game files, etc. You got the wake up and realized complainers aren't the problem. A game corporation/studio is too be blamed and that all games aren't perfect.

Silencing negative feedback, which is what you're doing but probably too oblivious to realize it, is provocative. Some thoughts are better leaving as there should be - to yourself. Would you like it if I complained that the fandom that like TS4 is the reason to franchise gone to shit? No (not that I have these grudges, cause I at least can accept and respect for ppl genuinely liking or not liking a video game, since at the end of the day - it's a video game, not someone's mother that's debated over), but that's the equivalent example of what *you're* doing.

Everone's constructive criticism is welcome here. Sure, some may not agree with you but some will certaintly do cause there's 7.9 billion ppl in the world. Complaining about complainers is quite the opposite of it and therefor we don't tolerate this kind of mentality of guilting ppl for not being quiet over their interest for a game Simmers should support one anothers interest and disinterest, not invalidate their feelings over a video game. That's plain stupid

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#11027 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 3:39 PM
we can expect updates to the character structure soon
Mad Poster
#11028 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 3:59 PM
Ahem, getting back to the EP, I will have to decide if I want it even at half off when on sale as am so ticked off at the game right now for blowing away about 5 of my saves with all in those worlds, the sims, the lots, every friggin' thing.
dodgy builder
#11029 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:15 PM
Some of you people just invest way too much energy on a videogame. It's not the end of the world.

I'm waiting for the download. I wonder about the pond tool and the new farming features. I haven't seen that many videos this time. I don't want to ruin the experience and rather google it when I need. It's a videogame. I'm sorry about the waves in your little pond, but me criticising you shouldn't be such a big problem. As I said it's just a videogame, negativity can be so toxic to other people's experience. Since you are humans I take it you understand that we influence each other right?
Scholar
#11030 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:28 PM
I'm from Australia, The pack is out, but I've loss the urge to buy them so quickly anymore..
Top Secret Researcher
#11031 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 7:11 PM
Been playing and testing out mods that has been updated to latest patch (because sometimes compatible with patch doesnt mean compatible with expansion yet). Funny with every dlc my first priority is always testing my mods lol, in a weird way its becoming a new gameplay - hunting for mods that doesnt work well and feedback to their creators.
Instructor
#11032 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 7:42 PM
If you have problems downloading Country Living at the moment and find it processing in Origin it's not your fault. It's a Global Outage affecting banks etc., and including EA. Problems at Akamai it seems.
Inventor
#11033 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 7:57 PM
Carl isn't too happy with how easy it is to exploit the pack and reach "end game." Golden chickens are super OP.

He also says that the pack doesn't have a lot of interesting features.

Mad Poster
#11034 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Been playing and testing out mods that has been updated to latest patch (because sometimes compatible with patch doesnt mean compatible with expansion yet). Funny with every dlc my first priority is always testing my mods lol, in a weird way its becoming a new gameplay - hunting for mods that doesnt work well and feedback to their creators.

Yeah, this was a....particularly bad patch for mods. Not looking forward to going through all my older, now unsupported, ones and seeing which are broken

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#11035 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Carl isn't too happy with how easy it is to exploit the pack and reach "end game." Golden chickens are super OP.

He goes all out to try to destroy a game though and most Simmers don't play like that.

I'm not a fan of challenges either. I just like it as a diversion and use everything, trying things out in all the worlds I have already.
Scholar
#11036 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 10:31 PM
Destroying a game is what a good gametester should do. And reviewers should definitely dig deeper than the average player and put the information about balancing out there. i want to see what I'm getting, so that I can decide if and how I can make it work for me.

Case in point, yesterday I "broke" the university EP by discovering that all you ever need to do is reading textbooks at home. I will still roleplay my sims as attending class, doing presentations and so on, even though I know now that it is inefficient.
Forum Resident
#11037 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 10:39 PM

Also, debug items in loot tables are back!... which is honestly 100% unacceptable from a $40 pack! Esp since like with the dustbunnies, you know they won't fix it!
Inventor
#11038 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
He goes all out to try to destroy a game though and most Simmers don't play like that.

I'm not a fan of challenges either. I just like it as a diversion and use everything, trying things out in all the worlds I have already.

That's what an exploit is. And some games live or die depending on whether there's something that can be exploited. Take for example fighting games. It only takes ONE character with an infinite combo in a roster of 25 to kill that game's online gameplay. No one in their right mind would choose NOT to use a legal advantage if they can.

Games shouldn't have mechanics and features that can be easily exploited. That's one of the most important things to take into account when designing and testing games. That is if you see The Sims as a GAME. If you see it as a TOY, like many people do whether they realize it or not, this won't be an issue for you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11039 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:15 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:05 PM.
This wouldn’t be an issue and the animals were used for their standard purpose. Chickens would have been fine laying eggs and procreating to make more chickens, or being traded for poultry. I don’t need super chickens.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#11040 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:17 PM
This isn't a multiplayer game though? I understand wanting things to be balanced because it is way too easy to hit the max funds, but somebody else using the copypasta spell on their money trees has no effect on me or my sims.
Forum Resident
#11041 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:32 PM Last edited by parrot999 : 23rd Jul 2021 at 12:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by QueenMercy
This isn't a multiplayer game though? I understand wanting things to be balanced because it is way too easy to hit the max funds, but somebody else using the copypasta spell on their money trees has no effect on me or my sims.

It matters because games need rules. By all means, give the players control over the rules. Most strategy games let you choose the rules in depth of every single game... A lot of fighting games too... And the concept fits a game like the Sims like a glove... The lot challenges 4 has would have a similar function IN THEORY (they don't because it only affects things on the immediate lot.) but if you have to actively and continuously avoid certain gameplay features to not destroy your experience, it's a bad game. It's not designed properly. A game where you can blast through it in an hour by accident... Is a mess...

If you wanna play with it as a toy, fine. But you can do that with any of the Sims games simply through a few console commands, and probably have a better time since the simulation, esp in 2, is far more conducive to just messing about... I do that sometimes myself... The fact we literally can't play 4 as a game without actively avoiding content though, or modding it into something that resembles an actual game, is a big problem.
Field Researcher
#11042 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:51 PM

I respect Carl for playing the Pack and not just squealing “it’s sooo cute!” Every few seconds.

I have the pack. Thank you EA gift card from Christmas!

On paper I should like this, I’m a sucker for farming games.

The animals are cute. But there’s way too much focus on having them be your BFF so as Carl says they can help you with crops. It’s cute but it won’t be cute after the hundredth time. But that is a sims 4 dlc problem in general.
Top Secret Researcher
#11043 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:56 AM
/me furiously looking for mods that would stop sims from other worlds casually walk by in The HOB
Mad Poster
#11044 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
/me furiously looking for mods that would stop sims from other worlds casually walk by in The HOB

That has bugged me in 4 since day one that Sims from all the worlds seem to show up on others that should be way too far away for them all to just happen to show up in the other world. And I get tired of seeing the same ones show up no matter where my Sims are.

Carl's video, LOL. Love it. 4 needs a better balance in terms of difficulty. As I have said many times, this game is not designed for us, experienced players, and more for a different crowd. But still...... make goals at least a tad harder to reach.

If I get this I will get primarily to just explore a bit and build on the lots. So some of the stuff regarding farming will not be high priority for me. So maybe if so easy I can do a quick run through and be done with it? LOL Not really good though that that can be done.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11045 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 4:04 AM
You can buy a rabbit from buydebug and a little tree as a house and everything works normally. LORD KNOWS why we can't actually adopt them.

Scholar
#11046 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That has bugged me in 4 since day one that Sims from all the worlds seem to show up on others that should be way too far away for them all to just happen to show up in the other world. And I get tired of seeing the same ones show up no matter where my Sims are.

I get the same Joggers in the same order everytime, it just looks ridiculous when my Sulani sims go for their daily neighborhood jog in Strangerville, or Evergreen Harbor..
Forum Resident
#11047 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I get the same Joggers in the same order everytime, it just looks ridiculous when my Sulani sims go for their daily neighborhood jog in Strangerville, or Evergreen Harbor..

TBH, this is one of the only common critiques of the game I don't entirely agree with. I get it's not realistic, but I do think we should at least have a chance to see sims in other worlds. I enjoy it when my played families interact. The worlds are clearly close enough to eachother to take a day trip between them. As silly as that may seem. Maybe if they still appeared, but with much less frequency than direct neighbors, that'd be a good compromise? I think that's how vanilla 2 handles subhoods, (I use Simler's visitor mod, which changes and adds a bunch of checks on who can appear where and when, etc, so I'm not actually sure) and I've never seen anyone complain there.
Top Secret Researcher
#11048 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 6:09 AM Last edited by emino : 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

Carl's video, LOL. Love it. 4 needs a better balance in terms of difficulty. As I have said many times, this game is not designed for us, experienced players, and more for a different crowd. But still...... make goals at least a tad harder to reach.

If I get this I will get primarily to just explore a bit and build on the lots. So some of the stuff regarding farming will not be high priority for me. So maybe if so easy I can do a quick run through and be done with it? LOL Not really good though that that can be done.

I used the mod from Zero before this to prevent it in other worlds, and I see that he has updated his mods. (took the opportunity to browse his other mods and downloaded 62 other mods as well lol)

As for Carl's video, yes he does try his best to break the game and normal simmers wont play it that way, but I wanna see where the limit at and at what level it is tolerable for me. And since for CL the limit doesn't hit my tolerance level, it helps convincing me that my normal play style wont break the game with the pack. However that debug object as gift is very, very sloppy mistake lol.

Edit:
I cant locate the early purchase reward in my game, and apparently the issue is the same across the board for those who bought the pack at other place than Origin and added in the code into their origin. The expansion installed fine but there's no bonus items:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-D...t/td-p/10532043
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#11049 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:40 PM
Sims 4 Steam discount going on: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11050 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:04 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:29 PM.
Us: Post positive feedback instead of complaining about complainers.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Some of you people just invest way too much energy on a videogame. It's not the end of the world.

I'm waiting for the download. I wonder about the pond tool and the new farming features. I haven't seen that many videos this time. I don't want to ruin the experience and rather google it when I need. It's a videogame. I'm sorry about the waves in your little pond, but me criticising you shouldn't be such a big problem. As I said it's just a videogame, negativity can be so toxic to other people's experience. Since you are humans I take it you understand that we influence each other right?

It's the lack of accountability and the hypocrisy for me. I don't know what you planned on doing by doing this, but it's not working.

I'll start. I am absolutely OBSESSED with this couch. I've wanted on of these for a while and it can be used everywhere. I also like the color scheme of the furniture in this pack. Everything comes in very attractive and highly usable shades, which is offset by the low object count. Well made content but sparse content.
Screenshots

Locked thread
Page 442 of 447