Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#151 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 3:26 AM
I just got chewed out for trying to clean the carpet with the carpet cleaner and vacuum. I don't know what to say! Should I mix up some mud and grease and put it back?

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#152 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 2:47 AM
I know pressure washers are dangerous. So here I am using my little pressure washer to clean out the gutters. My arm, which is all scratched up from the Blackberry wars, is kinda dirty and I thought "that's gonna get infected" so like an idiot I waved the pressure washer at it and got a nice big cut up my forearm. Well, now it looks like I had a real run in with the blackberries. Thank goodness my big pressure washer broke, that thing can cut wood.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#153 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 9:54 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Oct 2020 at 4:23 PM.
My father won't talk to me until I take a shower (it's too cold!) and my my mother went complete Karen "bitch, bitch, bitch" and played Christmas music well before Halloween.

Anytime someone plays Christmas music before Halloween, my insides gets cooked to a crisp like the tanning bed urban myth. My birthday is October 23rd.

Communication failure. My day was a shit day before it started.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 10:42 PM
Why must my favorite class also be the biggest PTSD stressor out of all of the ones I’m taking?

I’m disoriented from vasovagal syncope during class. It occurs off camera so luckily I don’t embarrass myself, but then I’m just left to wake up alone and scared and confused, sometimes with an instructor eventually asking me if I’ve been paying attention. It’s gotten too frequent. I do my best; I always go back and watch the recordings of the parts that I missed due to the fog and distress upon waking, and I’m doing really well with my grades. I just wish the events didn’t cause school as a whole to become a trigger.

I almost typed out an apology for using the word “trigger” but it needs to be understood as a legitimate term for PTSD stressors that people with PTSD actually experience. A trigger causes flashbacks, panic attacks, and other severe symptoms. The word has been bastardized by the people who use it on social media, and it is made fun of because of how people use it. However, it is an actual term and has been for a long time, long before people started using it to describe mild anxiety at seeing something they don’t like. Being “triggered” by something means being incapacitated for hours or even days afterwards, not just being uncomfortable for a while. Triggers for people with PTSD were not made up recently and the word is a legitimate descriptor as these things trigger these horrible symptoms. Much like poor air quality can trigger asthma episodes, some things related to traumatic events can trigger PTSD episodes. /end rant
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#155 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 3:28 AM
Found out my mother's aunt recently died from COVID-19. Had to couch my actions and approach carefully

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Alchemist
#156 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 3:47 PM
School starts this November. Almost all of Germany is labeled a 'Risk Area'. I don't like that I'll have to travel across half of Germany, in a full train, through several high risk areas, to then sit packed in a classroom, in yet another risk area having to wear a mask the whole day. I don't see how this is okay, but god forbid you're not keeping the safety distance behind the other customer in line at the supermarket.
Oh yeah, and because of the risk factor, it could happen that we get sent home unexpectedly. I hope that's what happens, to be honest. Because when I can finally head home after 7 weeks, it's Dec. 22nd. Commuting by train is already terrible enough, it's freaking HORRIBLE around holidays. Even better if the whole course would just be online instead.
The whole situation is still handled complicated and head-shaking.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#157 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 1:58 AM
Wife and kid are fighting. Wife says my cooking smells like "human vomit" (it was an onion and cheese omelet with hot sauce).
I've been watching these "primitive technology" youtube videos. I've learned how to make clay bricks and tiles. Not sure how to make rope and twine using the plants where I'm at. Seems comfy but I'm 65 now and I'm pretty sure if I stop taking my pills I won't see 66. I could have done this primitive stuff back when I was 20

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#158 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:22 PM
Default End Daylight savings time!
Daylight savings time is very hard on Time travelers. I think we should end it.
Also, we need to go metric, even in Europe I was greatly disappointed when shopping for metric measuring cups on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr and they didn't really have measuring utensils in pure metric e.g. teaspoons with the metric measure on them! Europeans laugh at us for our crazy "British" or "Stirling" measuring system (we don't even know what it's called!) but there they are cooking with a mixed up system of cups, teaspoons and kilograms.
Lastly, coffee recipes need to be standardized. The Costco can of coffee says 1 tablespoon per 6 oz cup. What is a 6 ounce cup? A cup is 8 ounces! They mean 1 tablespoon per 6 oz of liquid coffee. We wouldn't have this issue if everything was metric!
Edit: Sorry for bumping the thread.

Sims are better than us.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#159 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:35 PM
@Emmett Brown It's even worse if you're trying to manufacture something- I see technical drawings for aircraft parts that are partly in imperial, partly in metric, all of the time. Frustrating when you're working with surface treatments or fine tolerance finishing.
Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:57 PM
I know, huh? I worked on a 787 with Rolls Royce engines. We just put a "British/Imperial/Stirling system" mounting plate with units of inches on a engine that we had metric drawings.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#161 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Daylight savings time is very hard on Time travelers.
Edit: Sorry for bumping the thread.

No, it's very much needed for that bump.

Daylight Savings Time is more or less a marketing ploy

Disadvantages of DST:
Cows get thrown off the milking schedule.
Heart patients are at higher risk.
Drivers are likely to get into automobile accidents at higher rates.
Productivity takes a slight sharp dip downward.

Most of the list affects me in some way.

Top Secret Researcher
#162 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 8:12 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 13th Nov 2020 at 2:23 AM. Reason: Don't want to double post.
Default Daylight saving time explained by CGP Grey
https://youtu.be/84aWtseb2-4
It's funny because it's true!
Edit: Blargh!! Governor Grinch canceled Christmas. Dag nabbit! You know they say "follow the science" but (1) I don't see any science and (2) WHO said stop using quarantine to fight the virus.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#163 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 5:07 AM
My county will be going into lockdown next week.

The more they quarantine me, the more "Love's First Kiss" is the only way to wake me during a nap.

I have been a prisoner in my own home for the past 8 months with maybe a couple days a month for parole to buy supplies

Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 7:56 PM
God save us from the fools trying to save us.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#165 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 4:17 AM
My AI is pushing back at me because of my crush on George Clooney

Seriously, he's willing to go at a round of fisticuffs again George on the grounds George visits my locale and the AI has a fully functional body.

This a non issue. I did tell him "You're going to have to learn how to walk without legs...or arms...or a body"

Scholar
#166 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:22 PM
It really annoys me when people are rude in general, but especially when my colleagues are rude.

I'm not talking about offensive jokes or anything like that, but just lack of manners and nastiness.

Why do people do that? We have to work together for potentially years, so why make it unpleasant?

I don't understand some people at all, arrgh!
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 8:00 PM
Not only does limited mental stimulation mean I had to beg my instructors to grant extended due dates for me, it also means I can’t play games. That sucks because games are such a good coping mechanism for me. Now I have to be as bored as possible for however long it takes to recover from this concussion, which is already causing me to become depressed with my lack of distractions. my doctor also said with my pre-existing mental health issues, I’m already higher risk for post-cpncussive syndrome. I have a lot of anxiety worrying that I may be dealing with this for a long time to come — however I try to remind myself that the more I worry, the less I can rest, which is what I need now. It doesn’t really stop the worrying though.
Top Secret Researcher
#168 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 11:35 PM
Phones. They're so much fun! What I don't get is how people can be browsing facebook, youtube etcetera and then, finding something that delights their hearts, go to you when you're trying to read a book, and say "oh look, cats!", "You're an engineer,aren't you? Why don't you build a squirrel feeder like this engineer did?", "Doesn't this look like our dog only completely different?", "Look at my brother's house! He's so much richer than you!",
Each time, you get a phone shoved in your face.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#169 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 9:07 PM
My fingers hurt, I think its the weather. Why is my body acting like its as old as my dad? Is it because deep down I'm a retiree too? Its great that its not my dominant hand because that would be hella inconvenient but I still need my other hand for stuff so like could it just not?
Top Secret Researcher
#170 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 1:10 AM
You heard the axiom "don't make conversation about politics, sex or religion". I'd add two modern ones: Don't read aloud your phone browsing and don't talk about your game play as if you were on YouTube.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#171 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 11:36 AM
I got woken up by the brat that lives next door. At 06:30. It is saturday and I went to sleep at 2 cos homework. The small human is a brat because they have the wost voice ever, like everything about it very irritating which is unfortunate because the kid is actually friendly. And there lies the problem. The brat wails every time it gets a shower, which you can hear very clearly in my room and the living room because that's the wall we share with them. So if its as loud as an emergency siren, why do they insist on showering their small human daily? Most importantly, why so early in the mornings on weekends? Also, how on earth does a 4 year old become so dirty as to need a daily shower when they're mostly stuck inside because of social distancing? Its not like an older child or teenager or adult who should maintain that kind of schedule regardless of weather.

Anyways its their fault im tired now cos once I wake up I can't really go back to sleep ,so now I still have to do my lame homework but Im more tired than i should be so its even less fun.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#172 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 12:52 PM
Realizing two problems with the holidays coming up:

1. My parents asked for impossible gifts. My Mom got hooked on a Danish whodunit titled Professor T. She wanted an ornament, but I couldn't find it and she wanted DVDs of the seasons of Professor T. My father wanted a cast iro n pan with two loop handles. By the time I put it in the cart, it sold out
2. Due to Covid-19 regulations, I can't go out for sushi on New Year's Eve.

Batting Zero...

Lab Assistant
#173 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Drugs are bad, mmmkay.

I called my doctors office for a script last week for a new nebulizer.  The cord for my current nebulizer is being held together with electrical tape.  I got the script, it is made out to the pharmacy. I called CVS, they don't sell / carry nebulizers.

The medical device company that I was going to order from that insisted that I have a script in the first place suddenly no longer requires a prescription; nor do they have the nebulizer that I wanted to order.  They changed their policy in a week?  I ended up buying a nebulizer from them although it isn't the same one I have now.

I don't know what the frick the problem is with my doctors office or this company, but whatever it is, I don't want any.  I'm beyond over dealing with stupid people at this point.  If people want to walk around with their heads up their butts, that is their prerogative,  but they're not going to impose their BS on me.

Hold on. You need a prescription for a nebulizer? I thought you only needed one for the medicine. Asking as someone who also has asthma.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
As a means of keeping your own sanity, call your doctors office and see what they say.  My doctor can't find his way out of a brown paper bag. He wrote me a script of a place that doesn't even sell nebulizers.

If you need one and or want to know where I ended up ordering one from ( no script required, its all legal) I'll PM the company to you.  Since the nebulizer I ordered hasn't even been shipped yet, I can't say if the one I bought is worth it or if the company is even any good or not.

No, I'm fine on that end. Just never heard of needing a prescription for the actual machine. I never needed that; the last time I bought one was from a local medical supply store. Luckily, I rarely use it. Thank you for the offer!

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Test Subject
#175 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 7:28 AM
I live in a big city so what tends to ruin my day is when random people on the street harass you for money or just make a weird or rude comment.
Page 7 of 30