Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 9:09 PM
Default Whoops I didn't mean to do that...
Hiya!

So my megahood rotations are about 50+ families meaning I am likely to forget things in between each time I visit a particular household. For example, the Smith family.

Jenny had a want to have a baby but when she and Polli-Tech went to the bed the only option was woohoo. I assumed it was mod related like she was too old because she's almost an elder and I'm pretty sure fertility decreases with age with ACR. So I thought that's what the problem was. SOO, I went and had her call to adopt.

I think you can maybe guess where I'm going with this.

A few hours later, she waved her arms and just like that she had a baby bump. She was already pregnant! But I had already saved in between that and calling the adoption service. So now I guess they're getting two new children.

Not what I had planned. And it's not like either of them have a LTW related to having lots of children. They both want to raise 20 puppies/kittens

I just wanted to share, and if you want to share some of your own "whoopsies" throughout your play.
I'm sure threads like this exist already but I've already typed this whole thing out, might as well post it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
So now I guess they're getting two new children.
Maybe she'll have twins.

Unless of course you've got the Triplets and Quads mod.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 9:49 PM
50 families is a lot to manage. I've got over 200 myself, I forget to play half of them to be honest.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 10:04 PM
This is why people take pains to document their families. There's lots of ways to do this. In game you can use the story albums, or change the family bio each session. Out of game you can keep a notebook, or a spreadsheet. it doesn't have to be anything very elaborate - but you really do need something to refer to once in awhile.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 10:36 PM
I have to have a running journal while I'm playing and the Sims2DB open while in the town. In Tinsel Town, everyone is either related to one another or has a relationship of one kind or another, and I constantly have to refer to it to refresh my memory of that it is.
In the attempt to fix my old computer (which failed) the previous 30 days of my journal for TT was lost, and I'm inconsolable-I had to rebuild the database, and that meant going into SimPE to find out all the information. What a pain that was! I still haven't extracted all the portraits yet, which is tedious.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 10:52 PM
When I moved Trent and Tricia Traveller, I decided to just start with some drama right away and had them get divorced.
Trent was really mad about it.
Anyway, a while after I was getting Tricia and Tina settled in their new apartment, guess who had a baby bump!

I had completely forgot that I had moved them into a lot a while back, played maybe a day, and decided I wasn't sure what to do with them, so they went back in the bin for a while. She must have gotten pregnant then - thanks ACR.

Anyway, it adds A LOT more drama to their divorce, which I am actually happy about. But it was definitely a complete surprise.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
50 families is a lot to manage. I've got over 200 myself, I forget to play half of them to be honest.
Meanwhile, just the 10 in my current 'hood are running up against the limits of my ability to juggle multiple families....

Anyway, recently, one of my families (married couple + their teen and child daughters + the husband's teen daughter by aliens) has been having a rash of alien abductions; I think the only ones there who haven't been abducted by now are the child and non-alien teen. And, thanks to Veetee's expansion of BO's Alien Experiments, the wife came back with a little something extra... 10 days away from her Adult-Elder birthday. Also, as further proof that the Random Number God (Warning: TV Tropes) just loves having a laugh at my expense, said wife got abducted literally Sim-minutes before I planned to end her stargazing. Ohh, this is gonna be fun....

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Forum Resident
#8 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 12:43 PM
And here I was thinking that the 19 families I had was bad...

As for 'whoopsies,' I had a lot when I was younger. One of them being pretty gross now that I think back on it.

So, I was playing Strangetown, I was six years old or something like that, and this was my sister's hood, so I was being a little rascal. I played the Singles and moved Erin out as she was the only one I wanted to play, and placed her in the house between the vacant Grunt looking house and the Smiths.

I wanted her to have a baby, so I whipped out the Tombstone of L and D and got her pregnant with herself. I wanted her to have a girl, but didn't know, nor did it click to my young self, that she will always have a gender swapped clone of herself. She eventually had an adult son, two teenage sons, and two little boys, when she popped out a girl.

Young me was so happy, I even forgot what I had named her.

Anyway, I wanted to look at the family tree, and was mortified to see that the teenage son was the young girl's father! Erin had a child with her son, because I misclicked something like an idiot! I think I literally cried, left the lot, and never touched it again...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:10 PM
I'm impressed at you knowing how to use the Tombstone of Life and Death when you were 6. I'm 69, have been playing for 8 years, and still wouldn't have a clue what to with the Tombstone of Life and Death.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:41 PM
We seem to be "late to the train" . I remember when my son was 4 y.o. he beated me on console games. He is now 36.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This is why people take pains to document their families. There's lots of ways to do this. In game you can use the story albums, or change the family bio each session. Out of game you can keep a notebook, or a spreadsheet. it doesn't have to be anything very elaborate - but you really do need something to refer to once in awhile.

I've got the hang of documenting all sorts of sim details, potential romances, money in their hacked bank accounts, all that. But documenting what's ACTUALLY HAPPENING hasn't clicked yet
Forum Resident
#12 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm impressed at you knowing how to use the Tombstone of Life and Death when you were 6. I'm 69, have been playing for 8 years, and still wouldn't have a clue what to with the Tombstone of Life and Death.

Yeah, thinking back, I just experimented with the options a lot, I even did worse things, like adding the Grim Reaper to families and having babies with the Social Bunny. Fun and carefree times. I'd been playing the first game since I was four and sure, I sucked at it, but it was fun. Lots of military school visits, fire, and Grim Reaper became a good acquaintance.

The point of this post, I'd been playing games from an extremely young age, was I good? Definitely not, but it gave me time to experiment with my options... and corrupt my Dad's save file, but that was in the past. He was not impressed...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 5:08 AM
I've not had too many mistakes yet except that my Dodge residents almost forgot to prepare for winter before fall ended and were still dealing with littered lot with things not packed away for the season as late fall was approaching.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 5:50 AM
When the game first came out, I moved a lot with sims IN them. That didn't turn out too well. It resulted in not only corrupting my hood, it misplaced everything where the mailbox was in the corner of the backyard, furniture scattered outside, and sims throwing error messages. I was thinking at the time that the game was designed with sims in lots in mind. Boy was I wrong.