Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolourable FullPoster "Wall Overlay - Wall Animation" *Update 06/11*

by Pixelhate Posted 1st Aug 2007 at 12:28 AM - Updated 28th Aug 2011 at 2:44 AM by leesester

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
Mmh, not totally sure to understand what you ask... but I'll try my best to answer.
If I remember correctly, the laser is a red beam with particles slightly moving, drawn over a transparent plane. If you place the poster (plane) perpendicularly to walls (with object move cheat) in an entrance for ex., it will look like a laser is blocking the way,
although your Sims can walk through it.
I didn't get the Mission Impossible bits of your question..
Don't hesitate to Pm if you want more attempt for explanation..

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear, but unfortunately my english isn't that good. I meant does the Sim go through it (like if there were no wall), not go (like if there was a wall) or is there any kind of animation where the Sim does the thing like from the action film to go through the lasers? I don't know, just any fun, acrobatic thingy. It's really hard to explain...
Scholar
#77 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 11:03 PM
I would like to see a diagonal mesh of this type. Because, so far, I can't seem to put this poster on diagonal walls. With your degradation set, and DJ-Music's D.I.Y. Wall Overlay Megapack it would make sense to be able to affect diagonal walls too, after all. :D

Or did I miss something?

@Caro123: I don't think Sims will be able to make the distinction between the laser beams and the free space between them. To them there are only two states: "path blocked" when there's a wall or a locked door and "path free" when there's a hole in the wall, or an unlocked door. In the case of this poster, I believe the sims will walk right through it as if it doesn't exist.
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 8:51 AM
Unfortunately, there are no diagonal mesh
I don't remember if : boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true and boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false cheats are working or if these OMSP are making it.
But anyone who have the skills and the motivation to do a diagonal mesh is more than welcome !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Scholar
#79 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 10:47 AM Last edited by BoilingOil : 12th Dec 2009 at 12:21 AM.
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I already understood that if the mesh already existed, it would be part of the package already. Point is: if I knew how *and* had the required software, I would make the mesh myself. But I don't and I don't, so I won't

Maybe the ModFather should

I'm sure cheats and OMSPs won't solve the problem, because the existing mesh isn't wide enough to fill a whole diagonal wall section. May not be important with the weathering system, but it *is* with DJ-Music's set

Well, thanks anyway
Test Subject
#80 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:52 PM Last edited by CaCtUs2003 : 3rd Feb 2010 at 3:21 AM.
These aren't showing up in the game. I moved all the package files to the Downloads folder...

Nevermind. They're showing up now, I uninstalled, re-installed and they showed up! Thank you to pixelhate and Numenor!
Test Subject
#81 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 9:28 PM
Hi, I was wondering if these could ever be made into flowing water animation, like if I built a wall 3 storeys high, would there be any way of some sort of overlay that would give the effect of water cascading down it? Please don't die laughing, I'm new to all this extra content

Please someone invent animated wallpaper lol
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxkaybabexx
Hi, I was wondering if these could ever be made into flowing water animation, like if I built a wall 3 storeys high, would there be any way of some sort of overlay that would give the effect of water cascading down it? Please don't die laughing, I'm new to all this extra content

Please someone invent animated wallpaper lol

Yes it's possible ... unfortunately I won't be doing it (I'm retired from creation) but you can try to contact a creator who take request or even better, try to realise it yourself with the help of the numerous tutorials you can find here...

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:42 PM
Thank you Pixelhate, I might give it a try now I know it's a possibility. Guess I have to start somewhere.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 6:25 AM
omg bween looc1ng for dis kindo' st0ff for ze' bad @$$ side 0f m@h neighbourhood (Y'know, parts of towns etc most people dont like to go to at night).
Anyway, ty for mod. When i saw it was by you i am like: OMG! Cant believe i didnt see this download before!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 9:26 PM
Banksy!!! This is fantastic!!! Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 7:17 PM
Default :(
Quote: Originally posted by Pixelhate
Yes it's possible ... unfortunately I won't be doing it (I'm retired from creation) but you can try to contact a creator who take request or even better, try to realise it yourself with the help of the numerous tutorials you can find here...

Why stop? do some creation in your spare time... oh, and luv ur stuff :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#87 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:09 AM
I miss creating but I don't have such thing as spare time; RL calls...
And thank you.
Test Subject
#88 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pixelhate
I miss creating but I don't have such thing as spare time; RL calls...
And thank you.
You're welcome. Hey, you should be a designer (in a career), you would be great! :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 5:25 PM
So amazing! This is one of the things you wonder why EA never thought to do this.......
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#90 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 2:51 PM
I like this, I'm quite slow here, is it okay to just, like, download EVERYTHING you offered and only place the .package's in the Downloads folder? Because I only want what you made, I don't want templates to start making my own (OMG no!).
Great job, though. Such a unique idea, can't wait to use it!
Thankyou both!
PS
And OMG so many people have stopped creating because of real life! Is real life really that bad!? I don't wanna grow up! XD
Scholar
Original Poster
#91 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 11:06 AM
Hi, The template & guide are not useful for you, then. You don't need to dwld or install them.
Thanks for the kind words.
PS
RL sometimes offer better things, also :-)

Test Subject
#92 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 4:21 PM
Thanks
Scholar
#93 Old 5th May 2011 at 5:33 PM
I've been using these overlays (and all of the recolors for it) for quite a while now, and I love them! However, I've run into some things that weren't much to my liking...

First of all, I didn't like the price of §30, so I made the Mesh cost nothing. (A crask in the wall or a blood stain wouldn't improve the value of the house at all).

But that left some other issues...

One: Sims would view the objects and comment on them as if they were precious works of art... seems inappropriate for worthless stains and cracks...
Two: these overlays (and CatherineTCJD's clones, costing §0) all affect room score. If they cost nothing, they shouldn't make a dusty old broom closet feel like the Royal Albert Hall...
Three: I wanted to recategorize some of the recolors from one mesh to the other (making them easier to find).

For those who ran into the same things, and feel about it like I do, this Wiki article explains how to do something about these last three issues.
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 5th May 2011 at 7:54 PM
BoilingOil, thank you very much for the precious information . I completely agree with the four annoying details you mentioned. If I could have changed the price by myself (but never did out of laziness), I didn't have the knowledge to fix the other points and I didn't dare to bother The ModFather further at that time
Now that you come with solution, I don't have the games installed any more and I don't have the possibility to install them again before some time.
Would it be possible that you send me the fixed meshes, so I can update this thread ? It would be great !
Shall we PM ?
Greetings,
Pix

Scholar
#95 Old 17th May 2011 at 11:43 AM
I'm glad to be of help, my friend. When I finally found all the right parameters to edit, I thought that many people might feel the same way that I do about these matters. And nothing would please me more than when you would update your uploads to include these changes I made, because that way everyone can benefit from what I did.

You now have a PM with a link to the updated files You have my express permission to do with them as you please.

I hope you'll be able to install the game and enjoy my work for yourself soon.

Best regards,
BO
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 19th May 2011 at 4:29 PM
BoilingOil,
Thank you very much for your kindness and generosity. BIG
I will update asap. (will take a couple of months, tough)
Pix.

Mad Poster
#97 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:02 PM
I do love this mesh, but I have one small problem in that it doesn't play nicely with doors. Is there any way of fixing that? I've had a poke around in SimPE but I've no idea what I'm even looking for!
Scholar
Original Poster
#98 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:11 PM
I would like to help but :
What "it doesn't play nicely with doors" means ? can you be a little bit more specific..

Mad Poster
#99 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 10:07 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 28th Aug 2011 at 10:20 PM.
Sorry, I mean that, for example, a mid-wall border on this mesh will show over the top of doors and windows. The doorframe and window frame will display properly though. I imagine it's something to do with the door/window masks. I've taken a screencap if that helps make things clearer.

And of course, now that I think about it, it's entirely possible that many people would prefer things to show up on doors and windows - it'd be cool for making cracked glass or graffiti on doors - but if it can be altered, that'd be handy to know.
Scholar
Original Poster
#100 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 1:19 AM Last edited by Pixelhate : 1st Jan 2012 at 8:23 AM.
Okay, now I get it ! Unfortunately I don't know how to alter that (don't even know if it's possible) could be a limitation of the game, as you mention it.
The only way I think to circumvent this, is to make some extra poster recolour with a cut out so it doesn't cover doors or windows parts.

Page 4 of 5