Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book of Talent *UPDATED 02/09/2009*

by treeag Posted 17th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2009 at 2:42 PM by treeag

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Theorist
Original Poster
#126 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trippy101
For some reason I cant Install your skills book.It comes up with a error when trying to install it, it says(using Q-Express):Error 380:Invalid property value.
Can you do something abouthis please?

As far as I know, Q-Express is obsolete. I never use it so I have no idea how that thing works, but my file is a regular zip file, you save it to your hard disk, unzip it and put it in your downloads folder. Hope that helps.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 6:20 AM
Wonderful to have this. Thanks very much!
Test Subject
#128 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 12:13 PM
wow, thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#129 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 10:57 PM
I downloaded it but it isnt in the game i cant find it help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#130 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 10:41 PM
I can see it in-game but it doesn't seem to work for me. I click it but it doesn't seem to do anything...
#131 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 2:40 AM
Kao-chan, are you looking at your Sims in the main part of the screen, or are you watching their stats in the control panel?

If the former, you will not see anything, as there is nothing to see;
if the latter, you should see something, if you`re watching the right stats.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#132 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:38 PM
Thank you for this download. I will be installing it within the next five minutes, but if it does what it promises (and I'm sure it will), it will be saving me a LOT of time working on these skills! I appreciate it.
Test Subject
#133 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 5:25 PM
i know it´s a stupid question but does it work if i only have basegame?

I wanna have that skill book...it´s fantastic....
Theorist
Original Poster
#134 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 1:24 AM
Yep.
Test Subject
#135 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 10:57 PM
Thanks now I don't have to work on my magic!
Test Subject
#136 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 11:01 PM
I hope it survives....the maid tuntuntun!!! again thanks!
Test Subject
#137 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 11:07 PM
I like no no no not just like I love it!
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 1:55 AM
This is wonderful, Treeag. Thank you so much.

centime

Edit: Mikepinlac, you know, instead of posting three times, you can edit your original post. Not so annoying, and see? I just did it. *winks*
Test Subject
#139 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 6:19 PM
I love this , and everything works great, except... the magic skill... I get an error message when attempting to do it.
Forum Resident
#140 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 4:56 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 11:51 PM
I love it!

But can you please do that if the sims get memory about it?
Because in the normal learning way they get memory about it eg: learning Misc Skills, Gestures, Massages, max their Skills or gain a Badge, but with this book they have no memory about these things.
Test Subject
#142 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 9:10 PM
Yay, Now I can give my sim anger management..well..uhm..can't say classes..pie lessons! No more mister Maddy!

:P
Awesome, love your work.

Teh Cool Cheese
Inventor
#143 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 5:39 PM
Love the book been using it for awhile but I do have a little niggle, when I use it to gain the parenting, fire saftety etc.. skills it doesn't seem to remove the option to learn the skills from the bookcases pie menu, and my sims dont get the memory of learning the skill, which means I tend to forget if my sims have learnt the skill or not.
(hope all that makes sence)

Is it possible to make the book give the memory of leaning the skills? or atleast remove the option to learn thes skills from the bookcases piemenus as they are no longer needed (I don't mind about mechanical, cooking, cleaning staying as thats what they do any way and they still help gain enthusiasm).

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Theorist
Original Poster
#144 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 7:46 AM
Well, the options from bookcases do disappear in my game after the sims learned the skill from my book, so I'm not sure how to reproduce your problem.

As for the memory, I'll look into it. But not soon I'm afraid, maybe after new year.
Inventor
#145 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 12:57 PM Last edited by PearDrops : 17th Dec 2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot!!
Thanks, I'll have another check in my game maybe I was being blind lol

[Edit: Sorry my mistake the options do dissapear in my game... I was looking at sims who HADN'T learnt the skills ....D'oh! Only I could do that *shame*. Sorry lol.]

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#146 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Nahil : Hmmm I'll take a look at it. Weird, I have all EPs and SPs up to FT and it didn't give me any error. Does the error message pops up when you try to do the dance or when you select the option from this book?

Also, it'll be great if you can attach the error log in here.

Bonhams, I have no idea why your pets can't click on it. In my game, even puppies and kittens can do it... I'll try to look at it but can't promise anything as I can't reproduce the problem as of yet.

I'm having the problem that whenever i try to do the slapdance or hula, i get an "invalid constant" error (i already knew the dances before adding this object) attached is the error log from the most recent slapdance attempt, please help!
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar ObjectError_N001_t1033843.rar
Theorist
Original Poster
#147 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redknight021
I'm having the problem that whenever i try to do the slapdance or hula, i get an "invalid constant" error (i already knew the dances before adding this object) attached is the error log from the most recent slapdance attempt, please help!

Are you positive this is the cause? Have you tried removing the whole downloads folder and leave just this book in?
Test Subject
#148 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Are you positive this is the cause? Have you tried removing the whole downloads folder and leave just this book in?

yeah, i've tried that but i still get the same error whenever i try to make him slapdance or hula (creates a new log each time)

i've even tried deleting the book itself from the folder, and i've tried leaving it in there and "relearning" the dances, i've tried emptying the folder and disabling CC

any other thought?
Test Subject
#149 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 3:34 PM
thanx i luv it
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 3:12 PM
Very handy book!
Gisburne Sherwood and his wife Jeanette loves this book a lot, no need to study, just use the book and then on to any rockabilly party that is going on (My game family)

Many thanks
/Michael a.k.a. Gisburne
Page 6 of 12