Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book of Talent *UPDATED 02/09/2009*

by treeag Posted 17th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2009 at 2:42 PM by treeag

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 12
Test Subject
#176 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:19 PM
It's a really cool idea to make something my Sims can learn everything out of, so that I don't have to bring them everywhere to learn, and it's exactly what I'm looking for ! But could you make a version that my Sims still have to take time to learn, or like someone above said, the book will add only 1 point to the skill or something?
I don't like cheating much in this game, and this book makes it too easy to max out all the skills and badges!
Still appreciate this a lot, I always wanted to learn to teleport and the stupid ninja never shows up :-D
Test Subject
#177 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:12 AM
Default Slap Dance Major Problem.
My error log.

Build: 1.16.0.179
at Jul 26 2008,05:37:11

Object id: 207
name: N004_User00001 - Besty
Stack size: 7
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 25
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 427
Stack Object name: Controller - Dance - Slap
Node: 8
Tree: id 4099 name 'Find - Index From Move' version -32749
from Controller_Dance_Slap
Prim state: 0
Params: 18 Locals: 3 0 9
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 427
Stack Object name: Controller - Dance - Slap
Node: 23
Tree: id 4098 name 'Interaction - Slap Dance' version -32717
from Controller_Dance_Slap
Params: 427 0 0 Locals: 0 0 0 2 0 150 427
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 207
Stack Object name: N004_User00001 - Besty
Node: 5
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Prim state: 1
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 50
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 427
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: 3 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 118
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 3 20 0
Frame 0:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Params: Locals:
Theorist
Original Poster
#178 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 10:06 AM
Do you have the latest version? The one you downloaded was an earlier version due to the server failure.
Field Researcher
#179 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 12:49 AM
Thank you so much! Finally, an easy way to get skills.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Test Subject
#180 Old 6th May 2009 at 9:14 PM
I love this mod, but despite having the latest version I have the same hula and slap dance problems several others have reported. Anyone know how I can get the character to lose the ability to do these dances? That way I can try and get them to learn the normal way instead.
Theorist
Original Poster
#181 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:33 AM
To those who have the hula and slap dance problems, I wonder what you guys have in common. A certain hack? EP combination? I still can't reproduce the problem and I have all EPs and SPs installed with no insimenator/simblender/acr or any other "big" hacks.
Test Subject
#182 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:17 PM
thanks no more reading for my sims its awesome they learn it instantly
Test Subject
#183 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:18 PM
wait i have a question will it work for all ages and pets
Test Subject
#184 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:20 PM Last edited by kayread : 11th May 2009 at 8:49 PM.
i downloaded it and then i installed mansion and garden stuff and it disapered
Test Subject
#185 Old 11th May 2009 at 8:45 PM
this is my ultimate favorite along with the sims transformer download ever!!!!
Test Subject
#186 Old 11th May 2009 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kayread
i downloaded it and then i installed mansion and garden stuff and it disapered
woops i found it i forgot to enable the content
silly me
Test Subject
#187 Old 11th May 2009 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
To those who have the hula and slap dance problems, I wonder what you guys have in common. A certain hack? EP combination? I still can't reproduce the problem and I have all EPs and SPs installed with no insimenator/simblender/acr or any other "big" hacks.
before this the only dance my sims knew was the fire dance
Test Subject
#188 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:38 PM
You're the best! Thanks!
Test Subject
#189 Old 21st May 2009 at 10:20 PM
Default hula/slapdance problem

I have all the expansions packs too, but I thought I'd try your advice and see if there was some sort of conflict between hacks behind this. I moved my mods folder out of downloads, leaving only the book of talent (BoT) behind. I created a new sim in one of the Maxis neighborhoods and he learned Hula and Slapdance from the BoT without any problems. I then loaded up the neighborhood I usually play (but still without the mods folder) and the sim that generates the error message everytime she attempts to hula or slapdance (having learned them from the BoT) still does so. I'm at a loss as to why this should be a problem yet the other learned behaviours seem to work fine. Note that the sim already knew the firedance so I've not tested that one.
Theorist
Original Poster
#190 Old 22nd May 2009 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spiderfang2001
I have all the expansions packs too, but I thought I'd try your advice and see if there was some sort of conflict between hacks behind this. I moved my mods folder out of downloads, leaving only the book of talent (BoT) behind. I created a new sim in one of the Maxis neighborhoods and he learned Hula and Slapdance from the BoT without any problems. I then loaded up the neighborhood I usually play (but still without the mods folder) and the sim that generates the error message everytime she attempts to hula or slapdance (having learned them from the BoT) still does so. I'm at a loss as to why this should be a problem yet the other learned behaviours seem to work fine. Note that the sim already knew the firedance so I've not tested that one.

So, there must be something wrong with the neighborhood you usually play as it's fine in the Maxis neighborhood. Well perhaps not something wrong, but there's definitely something. Do you happen to have ACR or something that alter things per neighborhood? I'm still not sure what's happening.
Test Subject
#191 Old 23rd May 2009 at 5:24 PM
Default Problem solved!
So, there must be something wrong with the neighborhood you usually play as it's fine in the Maxis neighborhood. Well perhaps not something wrong, but there's definitely something. Do you happen to have ACR or something that alter things per neighborhood? I'm still not sure what's happening.

This thread has a fix for the problem:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ewpost&t=324292

For anyone to lazy to check it out, the inestimably wise J.M. Pescado suggest 'invalid constant' errors associated with dance behaviors are:

"... usually caused by Broken Dance Skill. To fix this, shift-click on a stereo with the afflicted sim and pick "Set Dance Skill High".

Don't forget to activate the 'boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true' cheat first.

I've tested it on a couple of sims that gave 'invalid constant' errors after learning the hula and slapdance from the Book of Talent. They were able to join hulas and slapdances with no problems at all.

Sorry if this has been a pain for you Treeag. It really is a cool mod!
Test Subject
#192 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:07 AM
Default One more little thing on this!
I forgot to add after trying this fix for the first time I immediately got another 'invalid constant' error, this time to do with dance enthusiasm. A repeat dose of setting the dance skill to high via the stereo as outlined in my previous post fixed this right away with no further difficulties.
Theorist
Original Poster
#193 Old 25th May 2009 at 7:04 AM
Thanks a lot for the solution, spiderfang2001 I'm sure some people will find it useful.
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 25th May 2009 at 7:24 PM
A thousand thank you's this is a GREAT item. I got it and tried it out
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#195 Old 25th May 2009 at 8:48 PM
Thanks a lot for the solution, spiderfang2001 I'm sure some people will find it useful.

I am only the messenger. J.M. Pescado at this thread deserves the real credit!

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=324292
Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 25th May 2009 at 10:27 PM
Really cool, thanks!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#197 Old 28th May 2009 at 11:50 AM
OH!That's great!And works perfectly!Nice job.Thanks!!
Test Subject
#198 Old 29th May 2009 at 12:04 AM
This is amazing!!! Thank you!
Test Subject
#199 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:26 AM
LOL Ive been meaning to comment in here for AGESS! But kept forgetting!
Well this is by far my most favourite download, I'd love to see this for Sims 3 if its possible?
But this is great I love it! Thanks Treeag! :D
Test Subject
#200 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:40 AM
It's a really great hack, I just never read the original post properly x] I didn't realise it maxed skills as soon as you clicked on it so I was very shocked!
Page 8 of 12