Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: "Sleigh" Furniture 5/31/05 Updated Toybox UV mapping

by SnowStorm Posted 20th Mar 2005 at 5:32 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2005 at 3:08 AM by SnowStorm

199 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 195 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Forum Resident
#51 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 12:22 PM
omg i cant wait for that change table!!! keep it up
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rythela
SnowStorm, your stuff is looking great! keep up the good work, I can't wait for the Changing Table. I'll make sure I have it in my Sims. You're amazing! How are you able to make it? Any ideas because I always make to make objects and not really sure how.

Well I started out by reading all the threads and tutorials on object creation. Alot of it made no sence at first. But as I followed the tutorials things started to click. If you want to get into making new objects I recommend you start by reading the tech threads and tutorials. Selecting what software you want to use. Then get to know your tools. I use Blender, Ultimate Unwrap 3d and Paint Shop Pro. I've been using them on and off for about 6 months. I wouldn't suggest you try to make a Sims2 object until you have a good feel for using your graphics, 3d and uv mapper programs. Once you are familiar with them you can concentrate on using the Sim2 programs (Simpe & MeshTool) to import/export the 3d data.

Suggestions:
  • Become proficient at recolouring using Object Workshop.
  • Don't get frustrated.
  • Don't get attached to your initial objects because you may have to scrap them.
  • Save early and Save often
  • Start with a simple change.
  • Don't start with lights, mirrors or beds. Or anything you know has animations. Decorative stuff, like statues are usually a good place to get your feet wet.
  • Search the forum with questions. There is lots and lots of info here.
  • Be aware that most tutorials are somewhat out of date as the program developers are working on these programs quite often.
  • Oh and Scenegrapher is your friend when making custom objects!
Scholar
#53 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 8:42 PM
All right. Thanks I'll try that
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 1:09 PM
Ok added changing table, and put files up as zip.
#55 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 2:38 PM
This is just like my 3 year old's bed right down to the Bob The Builder sheets. Was wondering if you could make a Blues Clues one? Just a thought! It's terrific work.
#56 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 2:48 PM
These are adorable thank you =)
Forum Resident
#57 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 2:52 PM
Absolutely wonderful work, I love it, thank you very much.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 2:54 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for making the changing table, knew you could do it. It's absolutely beautiful. Keep up the great work.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
#59 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 4:24 PM
sorry i cant download it the sims 2 university doesn't work with mods
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mentalmissfit
sorry i cant download it the sims 2 university doesn't work with mods

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I have University installed and test my objects up in game before I post them.
Test Subject
#61 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 5:24 PM
wow .
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 5:30 PM
I have sims2 uni and I test the items before Snow posts them. So I'm not sure what the problem is? I'm going to start trying to help Snow out by doing new beddings and the pad for the change table. Now it's going to take me a while because I'm just learning how to do this. But I'm going to try the Blue's Clue bedding first.
#63 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 5:39 PM
These are cute. I love them. Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 5:50 PM
I have 3 requests (because I'm greedy)....

1) A child's sleigh bed
2) A sleigh crib
3) A high chair
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 12:34 AM
hi there
when I first installed the toddler bed, I had no problems with it, when you released the newer version of it I downloaded it and then went to play my game, it crashed That was the only new download I had in my folder. I couldnt even get the game to start.
Oh I am using Uni EP
The bed is adorable and I would love to be able to use it, anyone have any ideas why the newest version made my game crash when the original version didn't?
Thanks
Tina
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 1:26 AM Last edited by Jem : 24th Mar 2005 at 2:09 AM. Reason: adding to it
I have the bed installed and I have uni! I am having no problems so far. but try this find it in your download file and remove then try to start the game again. If it crashed it's not a problem, but if it doesn't crash it's the problem and I've no idea why? But I'm going to re-download and install to check it on in my game right now.

OK I just went in and removed both of her items the bed and the changing table. I then downloaded the newest ones she has posted here. I installed them and they both worked fine. No problems at all except for the bleeding thru the windows with the changing table which I told her about and she is going to see if she can fix it. But if you look at the ones from Maxis you will see that they all bleed thru. As to your problem all I can say is try removing them and re-installing.
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 1:44 AM
Thank you so much - its beautiful & my sim kiddies love it
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 2:37 AM
Please Please Recolors!!????? Id be happy with one hello kitty or dora the explorer...PLEASE???
Btw-I have no idea how to use SimPE ..Im actaully scared of all those numbers....
Instructor
#69 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 4:57 AM
i second that recolor motion but i was thinking more like maybe recoloring the wood? i think it would look good with carebear, my little pony, or strawberry shortcake sheets too but I was mainly thinking about the wood
lol *shakes head*
i got confused by SimPE so dont feel like you're alone simshady lol
Field Researcher
#70 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 5:08 AM
It is awesome, thank you so much. I am seconding the new sheets though. Would like some girly ones.
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 5:24 AM
These objects are awesome, I love sleigh style objects!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 12:19 PM
That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 2:05 PM
Nice job! I just downloaded and I can't wait to use them tonight when I play The Sims. I agree with those who asked for recolors, though. Hehe.. I'd LOVE to see Hello Kitty, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake for girls, and maybe some others for boys [can't think of any off the top of my head.]
#74 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 10:02 PM
perfect work! thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#75 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 3:32 PM
Ok Toybox added to the set.

Quote: Originally posted by anonymous
i second that recolor motion but i was thinking more like maybe recoloring the wood? i think it would look good with carebear, my little pony, or strawberry shortcake sheets too but I was mainly thinking about the wood
lol *shakes head*
i got confused by SimPE so dont feel like you're alone simshady lol

What type of wood recolors were you looking for?
Page 3 of 8