Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Heliantheas super bland comic eyes (default replacements + non defaults)

by Helianthea Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 2:15 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2014 at 8:36 AM by Helianthea

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#76 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:10 PM
THANKS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:30 AM
Amazing..!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:00 PM
Thank you :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 2:43 PM
Great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:59 PM
So pretty in its simplicity! Thanks so much for these!

Question: will you continue to update in the future (with each new addition in Sims 4)?
Test Subject
#81 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:57 AM
hey! any chance these will be updated for the basements patch? i've tried both the genetics and non-genetics version, and the new eye colours don't seem to show up in game anymore. the old ones are still fine, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Helianthea : 28th Mar 2015 at 12:12 PM.
will look into it once the tools are updated for the patch.
Can confirm that the replacement for the 5 new colors do not show up in the game with this new patch.
Also, genetics don't work anymore.

EDIT: managed to fix all non-default packages, but still no idea how to go about the 5 new defaults (will indeed have to wait for an update of colormagic to look into this). Will update all as soon as that's covered as well, though can't tell when that will be.
Genetics, I heavily assume, are officially dead and gone, haven't found a fix for reimplementing them. Best thing I could do was revert to a state where all nondefs are linked to a default (children will only spwan with the default linked to that nondefault btw, not completely sure why yet)
Test Subject
#83 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:08 PM
Thank you for your work! I only use your eyes so imagine my disappointment when this new patch came out Anyway, are the default originals working in game yet? Or only the non-defaults?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:41 PM Last edited by Helianthea : 28th Mar 2015 at 7:40 PM.
EDIT: to clarify - I haven't updated anything yet. Still hoping to fix the agething (see below) and the 5 extra defaults.

At the time of writing, you can safely use:
the default replacements for the original 13 eyecolors
the non default sets (they will appear, you can use them, but children with them will get assigned a different eye color upon aging, also they do not inherit anymore)

You shouldn't use the 5 extra colors - not only do they not work, they do not show up in the game, period.

The agething:
I've seen someone mention – then tested in CAS myself and sadly have to confirm – that if you age a child to teen, ya, adult or senior, the eye color from non defaults will "reset" (betweens teens, young adults, adults and seniors only the problem doesn't seem to arise though, at least I haven't had it happen yet). So far, I don't know why that is or how it can be fixed. I'm currently looking into it and hope I'll find a solution to fix it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#85 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:02 PM
Thanks for your posts and for looking into the issues, Helianthea. Your default replacement eyes are my favorite!
Test Subject
#86 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:13 PM
Thank you!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Helianthea
EDIT: to clarify - I haven't updated anything yet. Still hoping to fix the agething (see below) and the 5 extra defaults.

At the time of writing, you can safely use:
the default replacements for the original 13 eyecolors
the non default sets (they will appear, you can use them, but children with them will get assigned a different eye color upon aging, also they do not inherit anymore)

You shouldn't use the 5 extra colors - not only do they not work, they do not show up in the game, period.

The agething:
I've seen someone mention – then tested in CAS myself and sadly have to confirm – that if you age a child to teen, ya, adult or senior, the eye color from non defaults will "reset" (betweens teens, young adults, adults and seniors only the problem doesn't seem to arise though, at least I haven't had it happen yet). So far, I don't know why that is or how it can be fixed. I'm currently looking into it and hope I'll find a solution to fix it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:31 AM
I really dislike the default eyes, so thanks for making some that I really like! :D
Test Subject
#88 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:49 PM Last edited by misterwho92 : 9th Apr 2015 at 4:26 PM.
Don't know if this will help anybody but I just saw on Rope's page for his new eyes that he has uploaded a file that (maybe) corrects the issue of sims not being able to use the Oct. patch eyes and it works any or no eye replacements that only change the eyes textures files. It says that it's for males but it seems to work for females too, if I'm not mistaken.
http://simsontherope.tumblr.com/pos...g-how-blue-eyes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:47 PM
Thank u! I will try it soon ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 1:38 AM
Thanks so much! Finally someone got rid of those plain, hideous colors and punched it up a bit!
Test Subject
#91 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:00 PM
Any chance that ghost-patch eyes will be working again?
Test Subject
#92 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:00 PM
Tested and works with the latest May 4th patch. I have GTW and the game pack. 👍😊
Test Subject
#93 Old 29th May 2015 at 4:58 PM
I tried using zzz_Jawusa_EyeColorFIX_V3 with 5 extra eyes replacements, but it didn't work together. Jawusa fix only worked without replacement eyes. After I edited some things with s4pe I managed to make it work together.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 4:26 PM
@majca_90 unless a patch has botched up the 5 extra replacements - yet again - (cannot test atm, would have to reinstall the game first), Jawusas fix is not required for my extra replacements (10-01-14_new-def-repl_withgenetics_fixed-agegender.rar to be more precise) seeing as they already contain the file edit from the get-go.
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:30 PM
Still no update in sight available? I absolutely love your eyes and it's such a shame CC suffer so badly from patches.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 9:19 PM
Rope has made a file that allows for the 5 extra colors to be displayed. You may find it here: http://simsontherope.tumblr.com/pos...g-how-blue-eyes
With this, all eye replacements (especially the 5 new ones introduced by EA which wouldn't show up) will be available for all genders.

- It unfortunately does not fix the issue where eyecolors of males are changed upon aging.
- It also doesn't fix that genetics are no longer working as intended since the patch completely destroyed the grey zone in which I operated in order to achieve them (if any of your parent sims has a non-default eyecolor, the offspring will inherit any of all possible eyecolors).

Apart from those setbacks, the eyes (together with Ropes fix) are still safe to use from what I can tell. Unfo, I currently have no idea how to fix the issues above and haven't dabbled with the Sims in general in the past weeks/months, so I would have to read into it anew first (though suppose the issue with the eyecolor changing upon aging is a bug from EAs side, so no idea how to fix that).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 11:59 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:47 PM
Lovely! Thankyou for making this real!
Test Subject
#99 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 6:14 PM
Hi i just wanted to let know to creator that kellyhb5 managed to make her non deafult eyes genetic if you ever want to look into it and make yours genetic again.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#100 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 6:37 PM
I love "matchy but better than EA" and I love well made, thoroughly tested. If I only played Sims 4, I would have so downloaded this. Thanks for sharing!
Page 4 of 6