Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod Conflict Detector [Update 03/03/2018]

by DmitryMalfatto Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:01 PM by DmitryMalfatto

965 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 543 Feedback Posts, 421 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 38 of 39
Test Subject
#926 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 3:04 AM
Okay to people finding this now, especially since EA recomended it for some reason. It seems to be broken for lots of people. I havent used it in a long time. But when it was regularly updated; it wasnt clear what somethings meant. thinks that "conflicted" were a lot of time things that were suppose to conflict. like if you were to override the default eyes with new ones. it would flag it as conflicted. the best way is to test yourself and contact creators to see if a mod works or messes with the game. Sims4Studios. allows you to look at CC and see what it looks like and if its broken or a missing texture. other than that. its trial and error. i recomend. making folders and weeding out each file group by group. good luck
Test Subject
#927 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 3:39 AM
I have a Mac and it won't even let me open the file, it just says that its not Mac OS doesn't support windows files. But I know people with Macs who use this. Can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#928 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 8:53 PM
Doesn't work for me!
Test Subject
#929 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 7:45 PM
does this still work?
Top Secret Researcher
#930 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tsubasa1hiroge
does this still work?

Nope it is sooooo outdated, so use at your own risk!
Lab Assistant
#931 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 12:58 AM
My conflict detector keeps saying the files are "Not Analyzed". How to fix this?
Lab Assistant
#932 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 4:14 AM
Default To Run On A Mac...
Quote: Originally posted by Aria.Nico
I have a Mac and it won't even let me open the file, it just says that its not Mac OS doesn't support windows files. But I know people with Macs who use this. Can anyone help me?

I have a MBP 2014...to use it you'd require either Parallels or Bootcamp.
Test Subject
#933 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 5:28 PM
So does anyone know of alternatives for this ? I'm guessing it's defunct since it hasn't been updated in several years.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#934 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 4:42 PM
thanks
Test Subject
#935 Old 27th May 2021 at 12:43 AM
I cannot open it to scan because the file isn't complete it is missing some files and I as can see in videos explaining the mod conflict detector I am missing some files
Test Subject
#936 Old 27th May 2021 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by msaved88
I cannot open it to scan because the file isn't complete it is missing some files and I as can see in videos explaining the mod conflict detector I am missing some files

Yes it is missing the Analyzer!
Lab Assistant
#937 Old 27th May 2021 at 9:38 AM
Sucks that there are literally no alternatives to this and this is so outdated, forcing you to just do the 50/50 method with your mods. Wish there was something like Delphy's Dashboard for The Sims 3, it was clear and easy to use, had the mods that were conflicting also tell you WHICH mods they're conflicting with. Maybe someone will do something like that in the future.
Test Subject
#938 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aqua Sims
Sucks that there are literally no alternatives to this and this is so outdated, forcing you to just do the 50/50 method with your mods. Wish there was something like Delphy's Dashboard for The Sims 3, it was clear and easy to use, had the mods that were conflicting also tell you WHICH mods they're conflicting with. Maybe someone will do something like that in the future.

There's a mod by TwistedMexi called Better Exceptions that's kinda similar. It has to be used in game though, & isn't the best at detecting broken package files.
Test Subject
#939 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 5:03 PM
pls update
Lab Assistant
#940 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 4:10 AM
please update this..
Test Subject
#941 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 12:59 AM
Another Mod Conflict Detector Program is Available - Sims 4 Tray Importer
There is a program called Sims 4 Tray Importer at luniversims.com (a French Sims site). I recommend Google Translate for all websites not in your native language. The link above sends you directly to the download page. Sims 4 Tray Importer has auto-detect multiple language support.

To discover problems all you need to do is select TOOLS, then choose Find Conflicts. As long as you have pointed the program at your mods directory, it will show you Mods - Broken, Mods - Identical, Mods - Modified, Mods - Overrides, and Mods - Conflicts. Delete the broken and download more up to date versions (or don't), delete one or the other of the Identicals (you cannot delete directly from the program, but it will allow you to open the folder and point directly at the file in question). I recommend leaving the Modified and Overrides alone unless you know what you are doing. Then run the program again after taking care of Broken and Identicals to insure they are gone. If there are a large number of Conflicts, you might - might - have a problem that could then be diagnosed with TMEX's Better Exceptions and the help of the community.
Field Researcher
#942 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 1:16 PM
No modern updates since 2018.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Test Subject
#943 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 2:26 AM
is there a way to use this for sims 3, and if not could you maybe try to make one for sims 3?
Test Subject
#944 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 8:02 PM
Default Thank you
Thank you so much for this post below. I already have the Sims 4 Tray Importer and had no idea I could do this!

Quote: Originally posted by RustyHobbit
There is a program called Sims 4 Tray Importer at luniversims.com (a French Sims site). I recommend Google Translate for all websites not in your native language. The link above sends you directly to the download page. Sims 4 Tray Importer has auto-detect multiple language support.

To discover problems all you need to do is select TOOLS, then choose Find Conflicts. As long as you have pointed the program at your mods directory, it will show you Mods - Broken, Mods - Identical, Mods - Modified, Mods - Overrides, and Mods - Conflicts. Delete the broken and download more up to date versions (or don't), delete one or the other of the Identicals (you cannot delete directly from the program, but it will allow you to open the folder and point directly at the file in question). I recommend leaving the Modified and Overrides alone unless you know what you are doing. Then run the program again after taking care of Broken and Identicals to insure they are gone. If there are a large number of Conflicts, you might - might - have a problem that could then be diagnosed with TMEX's Better Exceptions and the help of the community.
Test Subject
#945 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by studdedspike
is there a way to use this for sims 3, and if not could you maybe try to make one for sims 3?

Idk if you ever found out but there's an application called Sims 3 Dashboard that does this for 3 (I use it so it still works on the newest version)
https://modthesims.info/d/387006/te...4167-38743.html
Test Subject
#946 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 1:37 PM
Sluggish and no longer works as intended.
Test Subject
#947 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Todesfurcht
Sluggish and no longer works as intended.

It really is slow...
Lab Assistant
#948 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 2:56 PM
hello is this program safe? or is it a virus? bcs my antivirus malwarebytes blocked it and put into quarantine. or false positive?
Test Subject
#949 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 2:49 AM
Yo bro, update please!
Test Subject
#950 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 4:30 AM
It literally says in the beginning of the description and they can't update this anymore... because they're busy IRL.
Page 38 of 39