Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#251 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 9:30 PM
I don't mind it too much, once I place something in Build/Buy that's usually where it stays. I do wish though that they'd made more of an effort to make things portable that could be sensibly so. Like easels (there actually is a mod for that which I use).

Your Sim can stuff their cars into their back pocket, but they can't take their easels with them to do landscapes? Come on...

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 1:56 AM
I am absolutely dying for a mod that fixes the "Generic Dog/Cat Body" issue when it comes to having kittens or puppies. Sure, I can deal with the clones, look-a-likes within litters exist. But nothing bothers me more than having one of those kittens and or puppies grow up and turn out to be a skinny mess that looks nothing like their parents.

If not that, then a mod that would allow me to change the frequency of spawners would be very nice and appreciated.
Field Researcher
#253 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I wonder if there's any way of modding wishes, or increasing the wish pool?

I want to add 'negative wishes' that give negative moodlets/subtract from lifetime points so that we sort of get the fears from TS2 back.

This would be so great to have.
Field Researcher
#254 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
While I'm at it, I might as well make all the things I think should be available for outerwear available.

You can actually do that with CASP editor.
Mad Poster
#255 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 3:42 AM
Really wished there was some mod, even a super rough one that allows sims to switch a side of a bed while sleeping in it.

Would make beds against walls actually playable!

If not that, I wish that beds could be entered from a half-tile.
Top Secret Researcher
#256 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 2:31 PM
Not sure if this was stated before but:

Mod that allows bike riding anywhere. Please!
Mad Poster
#257 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 2:51 PM
Ani’s mountain bike mod has you covered!

https://anitmb.tumblr.com/Downloads
Field Researcher
#258 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 4:46 PM
I wish for a Mod that unlocks Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner recipes for the Bistro Oven and Hibachi Grill. A Mod already exists to do this for the normal Stove.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#259 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 10:14 PM
Ani’s mountain bike mod has you covered!

https://anitmb.tumblr.com/Downloads

Thank you so much
Mad Poster
#260 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 11:18 PM
Not a fan of mods presented without any sort of details, screenshots or demonstrations but that does sound quite interesting....should I try it?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#261 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Not a fan of mods presented without any sort of details, screenshots or demonstrations but that does sound quite interesting....should I try it?

Your loss!

Mad Poster
#262 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 7:22 PM
Oh, so the mod allows you to ride bikes on sidewalks? As a Dutchman this should make sense to me, but I was thinking it'd allow you to ride bikes, you know, anywhere.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#263 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Oh, so the mod allows you to ride bikes on sidewalks? As a Dutchman this should make sense to me, but I was thinking it'd allow you to ride bikes, you know, anywhere.

If you wish, I can send you the "help" file included in with the download that explains how the mountain bike works. I believe it was originally created for road-less worlds but she fixed it up for worlds with roads. I've not tried it as yet but still seems very cool.
Instructor
#264 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 10:25 AM
I wish there was a way to add more than 4 career metrics as a requirement to make jobs harder... for example add the Science skill metric to the Science career (duh) without having to replace an existing one. That and so many other careers could use it.

Really wished there was some mod, even a super rough one that allows sims to switch a side of a bed while sleeping in it.

Maybe this? They can't exactly switch but it still makes beds against the wall usable.
dodgy builder
#265 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 12:34 PM

I once used a bed from TSR in a maroccan house. The animation was a bit odd, but the bed worked against a wall. It was a caravan set I think. Meant to be used in a caravan.

I found the link http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1040984
Instructor
#266 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 6:04 PM
^I have a save with two bin puddings on an empty lot in Builders Island with all my nraas settings imported that I use to make sims or test random crap. Loads in seconds and makes life much easier
Mad Poster
#267 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 9:31 PM
It's not so much a mod, but something in hindsight.

They could have packed all farm related stuff, most of which was relegated to the store, in the Pets EP.

And while they were at it, why not make it possible to care for llamas due to the in-joke at EAxis?

(Not because I currently have a silly crush on David Spade and he voiced an arrogant prince who was turned into a llama by his advisor in a post-Disney Renaissance film...but if you want ride me for a silly crush, taunting with schoolyard tactics, then my insistence on caring for llamas alongside horses would be rendered moot.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Not sure if this was stated before but:

Mod that allows bike riding anywhere. Please!

ani has a mod for that ani bike mod
Mad Poster
#269 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 12:13 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 17th Jan 2020 at 1:51 AM.
Wish there was a 1-click need resolution button like in TS4, where clicking on the needs bars would send your sim to fulfill it.

I wonder if the 50% hungry/sleepy/dirty/low-fun moodlets could be changed so that they have no moodlet effect, and that they appear at 100% needs level, with the more critical needs moodlets being situated at the maybe 25% portion of the needs levels?

This would mean that the moodlets would be there all the time and would allow you to click-resolve the needs, and would not have any negative mood impact. @Lyralei - would this be possible, or are moodlets hardcoded?
Field Researcher
#270 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 10:41 AM
A mod to easily set and switch wedding outfits for weddings. I can't be the only one to pass on wedding parties because I'm too lazy to "plan outfit/formal 2", then choose from hundreds of options in a laggy catalog, then "change appearance" and set an appropriate hair, only to delete the outfit selection after the ceremony because otherwise my bride sim would randomly switch info her Formal2 wear (bridal gown) during formal occasions.

PS: I use MC Edit in CAS and CAS compact mode normally, but couldn't find a way to assign 2 different outfits for one category using this.
Mad Poster
#271 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 4:18 PM Last edited by igazor : 17th Jan 2020 at 4:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
A mod to easily set and switch wedding outfits for weddings. I can't be the only one to pass on wedding parties because I'm too lazy to "plan outfit/formal 2", then choose from hundreds of options in a laggy catalog, then "change appearance" and set an appropriate hair, only to delete the outfit selection after the ceremony because otherwise my bride sim would randomly switch info her Formal2 wear (bridal gown) during formal occasions.

PS: I use MC Edit in CAS and CAS compact mode normally, but couldn't find a way to assign 2 different outfits for one category using this.

MC's Stylist command is what will allow you to plan Formal Outfit 2 and a new hairstyle while being able to use MC's settings such as Compact View but without all of the other full version CAS features. Or if you have or get the MC Integration add-on module in play, then you could also use Plan Outfit on an in-game dresser and then Change Appearance for the hair. The full version of CAS is not really designed to be a wardrobe manager.

Yes it's annoying even without the CAS part category lag to plan an outfit that will probably only ever be worn once, in this case on the most special day of a sim's life (or something like that). But isn't that realistic? I don't know many people of either gender in real life who wear what they did to their own wedding after the fact, although my mother used to threaten to clean the house in her wedding gown I think out of boredom or maybe to surprise any neighbors or door to door salesmen who might stop by and interrupt things. It was difficult to tell with her sometimes.
Mad Poster
#272 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 9:07 PM
I feel like lot assignments could be better if they had more dynamic or interesting perks/unique stuff to them that make them more different from one another. For instance, there's no point in visiting a java hut lot that has closing overs, when every other lot also features an espresso bar in Sims University. Hardly, any lot in Sims University is interesting function wise as most serve common amenities.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#273 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 10:47 AM
Wish there was a 1-click need resolution button like in TS4, where clicking on the needs bars would send your sim to fulfill it.

I wonder if the 50% hungry/sleepy/dirty/low-fun moodlets could be changed so that they have no moodlet effect, and that they appear at 100% needs level, with the more critical needs moodlets being situated at the maybe 25% portion of the needs levels?

This would mean that the moodlets would be there all the time and would allow you to click-resolve the needs, and would not have any negative mood impact. @Lyralei - would this be possible, or are moodlets hardcoded?

Oops! Sorry for the late reply! I thought I had initially replied and send it, but I guess I accidentally closed the tab :p

Anyways! To answer your question, I guess you could on the active sim/household (Although not sure on the household). Through scripting it, but IIRC there should be an ITUN or XML file that actually makes it a "50/50". Could be wrong though! but I'd check there first

Or do you mean that the "starting" moodlets/buffs have no effect whatsoever?

Anyways, I hope this help!
Mad Poster
#274 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 1:05 PM
I think sims should run to their carpool when they're 10 minutes late from it from leaving (like in TS2).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#275 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Oops! Sorry for the late reply! I thought I had initially replied and send it, but I guess I accidentally closed the tab :p

Anyways! To answer your question, I guess you could on the active sim/household (Although not sure on the household). Through scripting it, but IIRC there should be an ITUN or XML file that actually makes it a "50/50". Could be wrong though! but I'd check there first

Or do you mean that the "starting" moodlets/buffs have no effect whatsoever?

Anyways, I hope this help!

Thanks! The stuff should be in the GameplayData.package, right?

I was thinking of setting the hungry/tired/need to go to the washroom levels to maybe the 0 mark (halfway).

Otherwise, how hard is it to make a new moodlet cloned from the other ones?
Page 11 of 35