Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1996 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1884 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 44 of 80
Test Subject
#1076 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 6:42 PM
Hi ! I'm new to this program and maybe you could help me. I'm trying to export one of my male sims but his skin overlay isn't showing up. What's strange is that my female sim with the same overlay shows up correctly. Do you know how I could fix it ? Idk if it could help but my female sim has an extra gray skin png when I export her textures. I tested it on an other male sim and same thing, no skin overlay.
(Here are the two sims I'm talking about. The skin overlay is Rosewater by lamatisse. You can see the skin overlay well under the eyes with the dark circles on the female sim.)

Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1077 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marii_exe
Hi ! I'm new to this program and maybe you could help me. I'm trying to export one of my male sims but his skin overlay isn't showing up. What's strange is that my female sim with the same overlay shows up correctly. Do you know how I could fix it ? Idk if it could help but my female sim has an extra gray skin png when I export her textures. I tested it on an other male sim and same thing, no skin overlay.
(Here are the two sims I'm talking about. The skin overlay is Rosewater by lamatisse. You can see the skin overlay well under the eyes with the dark circles on the female sim.)

Please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info, and a screenshot showing how the sim looks in CAS.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1078 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It's not happening with any clothing I've tested, both EA and CC. Please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info.

How do I upload that please? I have no idea, I'm new here lol.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1079 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 8:43 PM
Under the reply box, click the Go Advanced button. Then scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section and click the Upload button.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1080 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 1:12 PM
Please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info, and a screenshot showing how the sim looks in CAS.

Here are the save game and the sim troubleshooting info. I also forgot to tell you that even without skin details, my sim should look different. I have a default skin in my game but in sim ripper, his skin just looks flat and without any lip color. It doesn't looks like EA skin texture either. And he doesn't seem to have the blush I applied in my game and other skin details except his freckles located in the skin details section. I'm sharing to you the texture image of my two sims so maybe you can figure it out.

My skin overlay (Rosewater by lamatisse) : https://lamatisse.tumblr.com/post/6...a-little-bit-of
My default skin (Milktea by fableroot) : https://mellofinds.tumblr.com/post/...-skin-dl-i-love
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Save.rar (2.94 MB, 5 downloads)
File Type: zip  TroubleShoot.zip (144.38 MB, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
#1081 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 3:18 PM
Hello,
I downloaded the new version and at first, I couldn't save my sims dae. I found my anti-virus software was blocking it so I fixed that. However, now the problem is I still can't get Ripper to save. I have tried for a week to get the dae to save. Everytime I tried I get to the save part and then let it sit. Because I have a lot of CC I let it run while I do other things. I have let it sit overnight and still it won't save. I tried taking out all my cc and then only loading the cc for the sim I need to save and that didn't work either. I haven't had this problem before. I am not entire sure how to fix it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1082 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 3:22 PM
Here are the save game and the sim troubleshooting info. I also forgot to tell you that even without skin details, my sim should look different. I have a default skin in my game but in sim ripper, his skin just looks flat and without any lip color. It doesn't looks like EA skin texture either. And he doesn't seem to have the blush I applied in my game and other skin details except his freckles located in the skin details section. I'm sharing to you the texture image of my two sims so maybe you can figure it out.

My skin overlay (Rosewater by lamatisse) : https://lamatisse.tumblr.com/post/6...a-little-bit-of
My default skin (Milktea by fableroot) : https://mellofinds.tumblr.com/post/...-skin-dl-i-love

Thanks! There are a lot of overlays so this may take a little while. Btw, according to the sim information he's using a MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3 skin, not the skin you linked to.

Test Subject
#1083 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 3:32 PM
Thanks! There are a lot of overlays so this may take a little while. Btw, according to the sim information he's using a MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3 skin, not the skin you linked to.

Oh, yes, that's a custom skintone set. Here's the link if you need it : https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...-v3/id/1346781/
And thanks a lot for your patience !
Test Subject
#1084 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 11:01 PM
Default Request for older version
Hey!! The new sim ripper takes away my sims overlay that I need so I was hoping if you could send me an older version please???? preferably the 3.7.5 version or 3.6.2 version. I deleted them after I downloaded the 3.8 not knowing it would take that away.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1085 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tookie97
Hey!! The new sim ripper takes away my sims overlay that I need so I was hoping if you could send me an older version please???? preferably the 3.7.5 version or 3.6.2 version. I deleted them after I downloaded the 3.8 not knowing it would take that away.

I'd rather fix the problem so everyone benefits and you can use newer versions. Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info, and a picture of what the sim looks like in CAS.

Test Subject
#1086 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Tookie97 : 14th Aug 2021 at 8:47 PM.
I'd rather fix the problem so everyone benefits and you can use newer versions. Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info, and a picture of what the sim looks like in CAS.

Here are all the attachments thank you!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1087 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 11:55 AM
i’m having some trouble with sims ripper, when i try to rip a sim all of their body parts are showing up except for the face.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1088 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clauclau888
i’m having some trouble with sims ripper, when i try to rip a sim all of their body parts are showing up except for the face.

Please upload your save game and troubleshooting info.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1089 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 1:22 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Aug 2021 at 2:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tookie97
Here are all the attachments thank you!

Thanks! That's not her skin color in CAS, is it?? No version of SimRipper is showing it that red and none of the overlays that I tested make it red.

Here's your sim in SimRipper V3.6.2 and V3.8.1. Sorry, but they look identical to me except the change in projection methods and I'm not seeing the problem.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#1090 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 8:43 PM
Thanks! That's not her skin color in CAS, is it?? No version of SimRipper is showing it that red and none of the overlays that I tested make it red.

Here's your sim in SimRipper V3.6.2 and V3.8.1. Sorry, but they look identical to me except the change in projection methods and I'm not seeing the problem.

It removes her overlays under her eyes & nose sweetie, but its ok somebody sent me v3.6.2. Cause thats literally all i asked for. So thanks for NOTHING!!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1091 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 4:21 PM
Version 3.8.2 is uploaded with a fix for the skin details layering problem.

Oh, yes, that's a custom skintone set. Here's the link if you need it : https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...-v3/id/1346781/
And thanks a lot for your patience !

Thanks for YOUR patience! I really tried to make the overlay effect look more like how it looks in CAS, but couldn't get any improvement. I don't know how EA does its skin and overlay blending so I have to guess and experiment and it's far from perfect. Sorry.

Test Subject
#1092 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Marii_exe : 15th Aug 2021 at 8:59 PM.
Version 3.8.2 is uploaded with a fix for the skin details layering problem.

Thanks for YOUR patience! I really tried to make the overlay effect look more like how it looks in CAS, but couldn't get any improvement. I don't know how EA does its skin and overlay blending so I have to guess and experiment and it's far from perfect. Sorry.

Sadly, the newer version doesn't work for me either. Do you have an older version that could maybe work for me ? I also realised that the overlay sometimes works on other males sims and I don't really know why, they have the same overlays and nothing else. And also that sometimes the diffuse texture have some "jpeg artefacts" on the face when it works.
Other things for the townies without cc (but the default skin) : Elders don't have any wrinkles.
Thanks again for your time
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1093 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 9:14 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 15th Aug 2021 at 9:58 PM.
Sadly, the newer version doesn't work for me either. Do you have an older version that could maybe work for me ? I also realised that the overlay sometimes works on other males sims and I don't really know why, they have the same overlays and nothing else. And also that sometimes the diffuse texture have some "jpeg artefacts" on the face when it works.
Other things for the townies without cc (but the default skin) : Elders don't have any wrinkles.
Thanks again for your time

Sure, here's V3.6.2. I do see a difference in the coloring and how the makeup shows up. I've tried the three different ways the overlay layers could be sorted and none of them seem to work for everyone, so at this point I give up. I'm just going to put an option in there for users to pick how they want the layers sorted and they can use the setting that works for them.

Edit: Changing the sort order doesn't change the slight color difference - I must have changed something in the skin blending. Back to the drawing board. *sigh*
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_3_6_2_0.zip (2.45 MB, 49 downloads)

Test Subject
#1094 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 10:36 AM
I don't know if it's just my computer, but when I try to open the updated version of ripper, it says that it can't open because there is a virus. I also can't use the older version because when I try to open it, nothing pops up... pls help (
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1095 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodlinepixls
I don't know if it's just my computer, but when I try to open the updated version of ripper, it says that it can't open because there is a virus. I also can't use the older version because when I try to open it, nothing pops up... pls help (

Your antivirus is blocking it. Antivirus products often block programs like SimRipper that they don't recognize. You'll have to add SimRipper as an exception in your antivirus.

Test Subject
#1096 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 12:42 PM Last edited by lynlyn : 17th Aug 2021 at 3:56 PM. Reason: Posted same photo
Hello,
Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Some of my sims get this red thing blocking the teeth when they use poses with opened lips in blender, they also have this black dot on the corners of their mouth.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1097 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 1:24 PM
Sure, here's V3.6.2. I do see a difference in the coloring and how the makeup shows up. I've tried the three different ways the overlay layers could be sorted and none of them seem to work for everyone, so at this point I give up. I'm just going to put an option in there for users to pick how they want the layers sorted and they can use the setting that works for them.

Edit: Changing the sort order doesn't change the slight color difference - I must have changed something in the skin blending. Back to the drawing board. *sigh*

Sadly, the new version doesn't work for me either. For the moment I'll edit the texture manually in Photoshop.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1098 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lynlyn
Hello,
Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Some of my sims get this red thing blocking the teeth when they use poses with opened lips in blender, they also have this black dot on the corners of their mouth.

That's interesting - maybe CC teeth?

Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info.

Test Subject
#1099 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 5:09 PM
That's interesting - maybe CC teeth?

Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info.

How do I get the sim troubleshooting info? Sorry, I'm new here..
I'm not sure if it's the teeth cc since my other sims doesn't have the problem
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1100 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lynlyn
How do I get the sim troubleshooting info? Sorry, I'm new here..
I'm not sure if it's the teeth cc since my other sims doesn't have the problem

There's a button on the lower right that you click after the sim is displayed.

Page 44 of 80