Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 12
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#176 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nathanmikael
Is this compatible with Wicked Whims?

I believe so but as I don't usw WW in my game it is not something I have tested against.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#177 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 5:08 PM
Is this mod still compatible? I see it hasn't been updated since March. Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#178 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:52 PM
Nothing in the coding it changes has been altered since then to my knowledge so it should still be fine.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 8:24 PM
Hi! Thanks a lot for this but changing the frame/gender of the existing teens doesn't work as a workaround... could you help?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#180 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NebulaNebulosa
Hi! Thanks a lot for this but changing the frame/gender of the existing teens doesn't work as a workaround... could you help?

It still works for me.
Make sure you are not using the Undo button when you return them to their original body. You have to click the correct option again manually.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#181 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 1:20 PM
As far as I'm concerned, this is an amazing mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:31 AM
now i dont have to do it manualy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 11:24 PM
Thank you! Is there an option to have shorter anyone? Like a woman?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#184 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ABLove123
Thank you! Is there an option to have shorter anyone? Like a woman?

I assume it would be technically possible but I'm honestly not sure which templates or files would need to be edited to achieve it.
The problem with making ALL female Sims shorter than males would mean that no romantic interactions would line up between the two.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 9:00 PM
Hi, quick question. Is this compatible with ItsKatato's Pre-Teen Mod? I think they'd go really well together since they add more realism to the teen life stage, but they seem like the kind of things that might conflict.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#186 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maycollins
Hi, quick question. Is this compatible with ItsKatato's Pre-Teen Mod? I think they'd go really well together since they add more realism to the teen life stage, but they seem like the kind of things that might conflict.

It doesn't appear that there should be any conflicts from looking at the files. Mine works by modifying EA tuning whereas ItsKatato uses their own custom tuning. I'm not sure why you would need to use mine as well though if theirs automatically makes Teens shorter as well.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#187 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 3:21 AM
I've been using this mod for awhile, and I adore it. It helps with the glaring problem of teenagers looking exactly like adults. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#188 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 11:51 PM
I'm always a little late to the party... :-) This seems like it'll be wonderful! I've always trusted anything you chose to share :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#189 Old 7th Mar 2022 at 10:29 PM
I'm so obsessed with this mod. It's genuinely so creative and is executed flawlessly. I was wondering if you could make a shorter women's mod too, or something similar.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#190 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IveGotACat
I'm so obsessed with this mod. It's genuinely so creative and is executed flawlessly. I was wondering if you could make a shorter women's mod too, or something similar.

Thank you very much for your kind words.
I don't think I'd be able to make a shorter females mod in the same manner as this one works since the tunings I've edited for this don't appear to differentiate between male and female Sims. Earlier on in the game's past there were tunings for males and females seperately but at some point along the line they got merged so that there is just a single set which both genders use now.
It would probably be possible to do based on hidden traits but that's beyond my modding knowledge.

Test Subject
#191 Old 15th Mar 2022 at 8:13 AM
Hey man! Amazing mod. Just wondering if you could release a version where "Teens are the shortest and Young adults are just shorter than adults"?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#192 Old 15th Mar 2022 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrluigibear
Hey man! Amazing mod. Just wondering if you could release a version where "Teens are the shortest and Young adults are just shorter than adults"?

I could cetainly look into it when I get chance. I'm not promising anything though.

Test Subject
#193 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I could cetainly look into it when I get chance. I'm not promising anything though.

Thanks for the reply! Take your time, have a nice day,
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 2:29 PM
Wow, thanks so much for this <3
Test Subject
#195 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 6:37 PM
Just reporting a conflict: this conflicts with SimplyAnjuta's "Presets Selection for Randomized Sims" mod, specifically SimplyAnjuta_CAS_PresetsSelection_for_RandomizedSims_BodyPresets_and_Tuning.package.

Thank you for the mod!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#196 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 9:26 PM
Thanks for the report. I've added it to the info on the main page.

Test Subject
#197 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 12:15 AM
Can you make them even shorter? I'd like their height to match the one from ItsKatato's Preteen mod, idc if there's a lot of clipping im just incapable of doing it myself
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#198 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 9:38 PM
I don't know how short the Sims are in that mod compared to these.
Personally, I would prefer not to add another, even shorter version. I took them as short as I could while keeping animation issues at a minimum as I have a certain standard that I want my mods to reach and releasing something with obvious animation issues falls below that standard.
Sorry. I hope you understand.

Field Researcher
#199 Old 21st May 2022 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I don't know how short the Sims are in that mod compared to these.
Personally, I would prefer not to add another, even shorter version. I took them as short as I could while keeping animation issues at a minimum as I have a certain standard that I want my mods to reach and releasing something with obvious animation issues falls below that standard.
Sorry. I hope you understand.

Could you please make an even shorter version but with a disclaimer about the animation issues? So people who would like the shorter height but don't mind the animation issues can decide for themselves whether to download it or not. But I do understand not wanting your own work to fall below a certain standard though. But please consider that there are people who wouldn't mind this minor animation shortcoming at all. Pun slightly intended.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#200 Old 21st May 2022 at 12:19 PM
I'm really sorry but I'm not going to create any shorter versions.
That's an extra version for me to have to maintain and update any time it's needed and I'm already terrible at updating my mods.
This isn't as simple as opening the file and changing the values either as just doing that corrupts it.

As a compromise I may write up a tutorial on how people can edit the files themselves, for personal use, if they wish.

Page 8 of 12