Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Russian Food Pack, part1: 5 new meals in bowls

by Jasana_BugBreeder Posted 20th Apr 2007 at 5:35 PM

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 110 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:58 PM
This is too cute - I love it! I have just come home from living for the past 6 months in Russia, and when I saw this it was too awesome not to download! :D
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 2:10 AM
I tried them last weekend and they're really great. I love the design of the bowl too. :d
Test Subject
#78 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 10:40 PM
your Russian foods are amazing!
I love Okroshka, I always cook it at lunch.
thank you
Forum Resident
#79 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 11:08 PM
Mmm, looks good. Thank you. It's fun to have some "normal"-ish food in the game
Test Subject
#80 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:56 PM
You've done a fantastic job! This is really detailed. It's an honor to download your work!
Field Researcher
#81 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 4:32 AM
These are by far my favorite food download so far. <3 My sims are eating them almost every meal. Thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:14 AM
These Look Good. I think I'm going to go look for some recipes on these dishes

Test Subject
#83 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 1:45 AM
The details are great! Thanks for making them! Also can someone make me a curry dish like lamb curry? The japanese love curry rice so do I, so can someone please make it for me?
Test Subject
#84 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:03 AM
I got an error when I tried to unzip the potato dumplings into my downloads folder. The message said the file was corrupt. I downloaded yesterday afternoon. The cherry dumplings installed okay and work just fine in game.
Test Subject
#85 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 10:24 PM
Wounderful! The dunplings look like Pirogies!!! i like pirogies... :3

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Test Subject
#86 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 1:32 AM
when my sims prepare the meals everything is alright but when they place it on the stove it vanishes. is it because i have bon voyage
Instructor
Original Poster
#87 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 2:22 PM
redzy_2006, no, there should be no Voyage-related problems. If they disappear whey you place them on a stove - _before_ boiled - then maybe you are using a custom stove, or have any hacks that override the default large pot? If they disappear _after_ they are boiled, then you forgot to get the bowls.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:54 PM
You're really good..thanks for sharing Jasana BugBreeder..
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 8:38 PM
I figured being that my Sims use (and I love) these foods so much, I just had to add a thanks! Everything is really well done and the custom bowels are beautiful! Such a joy to see the smiley face in the Semolina!

Necromancy is Good
Test Subject
#90 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 8:37 PM
You've done amazing work, Jasana!
I'm Polish, if you want to translate it to my language, you have got:
Borshch - Barszcz
Okroshka - Chłodnik (or close to it)
Semolina - Kasza manna (mmm... love it)
Dumplings - Pierogi (it's plural!)
with cheese - Ruskie Pierogi (it means "russian dumplings" :Dreally, we use this name!)
with cherry - Pierogi z wiśniami

These are all also Polish dishes... Poland and Russia have so similar cultures, doesn't they? ))

Ok, i'm gonna feed my sims by this Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#91 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:13 PM
This is a great idea but I'm running into one major glitch (that hasn't existed with other foods I've added into S2). the cooking process goes well, but the minute they take the food off of the stove it disappears. I've checked through out the house and it hasn't gone anywhere .. it just poof - disappears 0.o

i see above that you said the means I fogot to install teh bowls, but I have installed all the files here so I can't have missed it - unless the bowls are somewhere else ....
Instructor
Original Poster
#92 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:23 PM
dreamergirl, thanks for the translations - I'll definitely use them in the next update

photographerleia, I'm afraid but if food disappears when it's taken off stove, then it's likely means that it failed to create a dish - usually because dish package is not found. Or maybe it failed to snap the dish to the right hand - there was nothing else in sim's hand, right?
To make sure the problem is with missing bowls, please use testingCheatsEnabled cheat and see if error pops up; if it does - please attach the error log so I can read it.
Test Subject
#93 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 2:33 PM
Can you guess that I'm British! :D Fish and chips, bangers and mash. Man, I'm hungry!
Quote: Originally posted by Jasana_BugBreeder
Yes, I uploaded it to Sims Mod Board - I believe it needs some improvement and additions (i.e. I didn't recolored transhcompactor and dishwasher), but I'm quite tired of recoloring, so I decided to share current version there
At first, I certainly wouldn't say that you are person without imagination Your creations are wonderful.
At second, I'd say it's not the question of imagination - I just tried to 'simify' common foods (they are common, really - I cook borshch about 2-3 times a month, not more often just because I lazy and we do eat dumplings often, but I skip preparation stage - buy already prepared - because my own cooking skill isn't enough for them :D). I mean, why not trying to create a meal that looks common to you - in such multi-national community as MTS there'll always be people for whom your meals will look unique and unusual

It's not that I don't have an imagination, I eat food from my culture all the time, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to think of ideas. If I could, I would love to make bangers and mash, fish and chips, toad in the hole, and all those other foods from my culture, but I just feel like I don't have the skill to do so I would want people to learn about cuisines from here, the same as you have taught me (I eat Semolina, in fact, I love it! But I never knew that it was Russian). Hey, I'm going to search British dishes now to see if anyone does actually have the capability to make these kind of things. I'd love my little simmies to eat the same foods as me!

Mock the Week | Unlikely Things to Read on a Packet

"Best before date: Rohypnol"
Field Researcher
#94 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 11:08 AM
Thank you verymuch, good job.I love borsch and dumplings.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:21 AM
Wonderful work! Me and my simmians thank you!

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:08 PM
These are really nice! Thanx!
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 6:20 AM
Thank you so muchhh :D
Field Researcher
#98 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 10:32 PM
Had to have you food in my games. Being that I run a basically natural or as close to nature lots with lots of wood or hand crafted, or tooled items these foods are jewels. Wish I could dump my maxis grilled cheese and foods made with visible canned or boxed items. Thanx much.
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 12:24 AM
These are really great thanks! they look amazing, aren't usually russian dumplings filled with meat? i never heard of potatoe filled ^^ and the ones filled with fruit are like vareniki. Ugh it's making me hungry now lol
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 8th May 2009 at 5:42 PM
You are so creative. Thanks for the laugh --the burnt breakfast's frown in my opinion is very funny!
Page 4 of 5